Reputation in the Forums

Ags Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are they commenting on all those pics to get reputation points such as a Thank you?  Hmm

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I make a comment, it's because I feel strongly moved enough to make a comment, and I don't always actually complete the comment because I have second thoughts, or think I've already made too many comments already on a particular thread. I actually feel uncomfortable sometimes after singling some people out for special attention when others who have also made really nice photos aren't getting that from me, so on the photo thread(s) I shall comment much less from this point onwards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

I will try to click like to all of them, if I have liked at least one on the page.  There are some that I don't find appropriate, which I will pass by but usually they are all fine.  I actually start to feel guilty if I don't, which is pretty weird on my part.  I just imagine the person who wanted to be appreciated in some way being left behind, I get all weird about that for some reason. 

I tend to overthink the reactions in general, and it becomes a bit of a chore to give a reaction to posts, I imagine there are subtleties involved with them - plus sometimes there are parts of a post I like, and others I don't like. Despite how much easier it is to just leave a reaction, I miss when forums in general did not have reactions in them, because it was one less layer of social interaction for me to try to understand 🙃  My typical formula now is I try to give a like to people who respond to me, regardless if I agree with it or not, as a gesture of gratitude for their time.  I only use reactions as a gesture of good will, and not over use them in the forums outside of picture threads.

Anyway, that is way too much thinking on my part regarding the reaction system we find on so many social outlets.  With trying to keep with the flow of the OP and not derailing the thread so much, I wish them well on their quest to have the best reputation :D

Blimey yes, I too sometimes drive myself around the bend over-thinking if I might have actually done the wrong thing by not clicking to like a person's post, but generally it's swings and roundabouts and most posts on the photo threads average around the same number of positive responses, because what floats one person's boat sinks another('s), and I certainly don't feel offended if people haven't clicked a photo I may have uploaded as I know my non-mesh avatar and unwillingness to be totally hauled into the 21st centre doth offend some people (lol). 

I hope this isn't seen as a derailment, to be discussing why we click to like or not like, because at the end of the day it's all about reputation and the OP will be taking notes ;) . 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ags Falconer said:
2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"adult activities."

Now looking for pics to post from this list:

• Paying the mortgage
  • Driving to work
  • Riding metro/subway to work
  • Getting prostate exam
  • Getting colonoscopy
  • Getting miffed because the last group did not tidy up the conference room before my meeting
  • Posting in the forums about my reputation in SL and the forums

Proof that "adulting" is way over-rated.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Mine is low but Excellent, so I am good with that, seeing as I just mosey on in every other year for a few days and out again. I did like checking other peoples and seeing they 'won the day on' that was kind of neat, especially as it seems less a popularity contest and just like mindedness of other residents. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

reactions.png

image.png.4a8b8702711ea599558718171b377456.png

Well, I haven't confused folks as much as you have, but apparently I make them cry a whole lot more than you do.  

Or maybe they were being sad with me on things that I was unhappy about. That is a much better interpretation, so I'll go with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.