Manager: Can you call this company and find out why they have not completed our orders yet. 

Me: I can't call them, they are closed Dec 22nd-Jan 1st. 

Manager: What??? I didn't know about this. Are you sure?

Me; Yes

Manager: Why didn't you tell me? 

Me: (says in her head.. 1. not my job 2. it was in every email communication with that company that you had, right under their signature 3. You're lazy and incompetent. )

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Not even one minute in and Cannot for the life of me take this person serious.. What does he mean in America we only have sweet pies, Let alone, don't have meat pies?

I can't stand when someone say's in America we don't have, and then gets it wrong.. Can I just reach through youtube and slap the hell out of this Amer.... Is this guy even American?  Does he not know that we love to stuff  all kinds of things into other things!!

Has he ever been to Chicago and had a stuffed pizza Pie? We only have sweet pies..... Pfft *swooshes her hand to the left almost knocking her tea cup over*

I don't know if i can watch the rest of this video without  having to replace my monitor because of the urge to just slap the crap out of this man. Silly influencer.

We have all kinds of pies in America.. Because we have all kinds of foods evolving from all over the world because of it being a melting pot. hehehe

Pot pies didn't come from America but we have evolved versions of them..

I swear the more I think about it the more I just want to hunt this  guy down!! \o/

IKR, what about Hot Pockets?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Not even one minute in and Cannot for the life of me take this person serious.. What does he mean in America we only have sweet pies, Let alone, don't have meat pies?

I can't stand when someone say's in America we don't have, and then gets it wrong.. Can I just reach through youtube and slap the hell out of this Amer.... Is this guy even American?  Does he not know that we love to stuff  all kinds of things into other things!!

Has he ever been to Chicago and had a stuffed pizza Pie? We only have sweet pies..... Pfft *swooshes her hand to the left almost knocking her tea cup over*

I don't know if i can watch the rest of this video without  having to replace my monitor because of the urge to just slap the crap out of this man. Silly influencer.

We have all kinds of pies in America.. Because we have all kinds of foods evolving from all over the world because of it being a melting pot. hehehe

I swear the more I think about it the more I just want to hunt this  guy down!! \o/

Never mind him! Turn the sound off...what do you think of the jellied eels? :P

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You're not showing the stewed or jellied eels.

Jellied Eels is a "Regional Speciality", that is, food that USED to be eaten by really poor people, that now is only served to tourists, and the occasional oddball.

"Go on, try the Pickled Dog Noses in a Toxic Swamp Crab sauce, it's a Regional Speciality!"

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

You can pack this in your suitcase 🤢

image.png.8213fd16456fedbd02d278696ca47ac4.png

Except for the hering, they are all very good and just snacks and candy. It is not what one gets served in a restaurant.

But one doesn't come to the Netherlands for the exceptional cuisine either, but that was not the discussion at the moment, was it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We even have savory and not sweet cheesecake with pepperoni, parmesan, olives.  Not that I don't love a good sweet cheesecake but I LOVE the savory.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Never mind him! Turn the sound off...what do you think of the jellied eels? :P

The jelly looks to me like that jelly that is in spam..

If it's chewy I would probably like it, they look like they would bite like pickled herring would.. does the texture kind of pop when you first  bite into them, like you broke a kind of thick skin?

I'll watch the rest, but If I don't come back today, you'll know why! \o/

hehehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If it's chewy I would probably like it, they look like they would bite like pickled herring would.. does the texture kind of pop when you first  bite into them, like you broke a kind of thick skin?

I'll watch the rest, but If I don't come back today, you'll know why! \o/

hehehehe

To be honest, the jelly's so soft you barely notice it - if you spread it on bread, it's buttery, and eels are really meaty. I like them anyway...but I would ONLY get them from a pie and mash store. DON'T buy supermarket jellied eels, they're really not great...

I think you win peeve of 2023 xD I wouldn't want to be that influencer knocking on your door...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

To be honest, the jelly's so soft you barely notice it - if you spread it on bread, it's buttery, and eels are really meaty. I like them anyway...but I would ONLY get them from a pie and mash store. DON'T buy supermarket jellied eels, they're really not great...

I think you win peeve of 2023 xD I wouldn't want to be that influencer knocking on your door...

He kept saying, in America we have or we don't have or our  meat gravy is thin.. Every time he did,  I had to hold myself back from waking everyone in the house.. That just made it so much harder to watch him eat like a slob!! \o/

Also Shave for god sake.. Face hair doesn't suit him at all..

What we do have in America is, Plenty of idiots like that guy.. hehehehe

Everything about him after his very first comment, just has me so irritated with everything about him now.. LOL

I would definitely try the eels for sure.. I would probably cut the bone out first so I didn't have to work around it, like mr slob did.. hehehe

I'm probably being way too hard on him, but he just kept doing it!

hehehe

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Peeve: I went veggie two decades ago, just because my body decided it wanted that, and I didn't have too many problems finding things to cook for myself.  Lately though I've had to rely on prepared meals, and anything I could eat was in rather short supply, owing to lack of choice and the supermarket's own habit of not having them in stock for weeks at a time.

Unpeeve:  In desperation I ordered some meals with meat in them, and found that on the whole they're being tolerated well.  I have to assume that my body has adjusted over the years.

Peeve:  Body, why didn't you tell me this before?

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Typo,
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

We even have savory and not sweet cheesecake with pepperoni, parmesan, olives.  Not that I don't love a good sweet cheesecake but I LOVE the savory.

If it has cheesecake in it's name, that's the line I'll be in..

Also the different kinds of quiche I'll be trying tomorrow at a Christmas brunch we've been invited to..

They want me to make my Avocado egg salad, so I'll be doing that later today.. I had to time it, because Avocados are tricky in getting them just right  for egg salad.. it's like each batch has it's own ripening time on it and you really have to pay attention the second  they have any softness to them at all..

I know most foods  don't start out from America, But I love when those recipes land in the right hands no matter who puts them on the table or where they are from.. hehehe

If someone can cook, they can cook.. It's not the country that makes dishes great.. :)

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: One of my grandmothers used to make "jellied veal".  This used tapioca to, I believe, simulate the "jellied fat" such as you'd see in SPAM.  The veal wasn't served in a big block of "jelly", just small amounts were added as if it were jellied "fat".

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: One of my grandmothers used to make "jellied veal".  This used tapioca to, I believe, simulate the "jellied fat" such as you'd see in SPAM.  The veal wasn't served in a big block of "jelly", just small amounts were added as if it were jellied "fat".

My mom used to love pickled pig's feet.  The ones she ate came in a jar with that jellied stuff.   I love pork but I have to draw the line somewhere.   The woman also eats headcheese so...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Savory pies are not as common as sweet pies in the US, but of course we have savory pies too. - chicken pot pie, shepherd's pie, quiche, deep dish pizza, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Savory pies are not as common as sweet pies in the US, but of course we have savory pies too. - chicken pot pie, shepherd's pie, quiche, deep dish pizza, etc. 

I forgot about "chicken pot pie"!  Found a nice vegetarian "chicken" version at the grocery. (The others I would consider more "ethnic food".)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I haven't seen savory cheesecake (which is actually pie), but I'd love to try that. I also think people should start making savory yogurt flavors.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve (reminded of by the jellied eels): I was missing anchovies on pizza, since I'm vegetarian now.  So this morning, I made vegetarian "anchovies" by soaking sliced mushrooms in Marmite. Turned out great!

I used to make a mushroom pie that was a combination of recipes from The Medieval Kitchen cookbook that a vegetarian friend loved. When people didn't eat meat on Friday in Medieval and Renaissance Europe, they invented good vegan and vegetarian alternatives, such as almond milk.

Saute brown mushrooms in olive oil and wine (or a little vinegar if you don't use wine). Season with nutmeg, coriander, powdered ginger, black pepper and salt. 

I then put the sauted mushrooms into a pie with mild white cheese.

• Like 4