2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

@Silent Mistwalker Do you honestly want me to tell the reason here on this side?
At VVO... okay, but here?

I don't have an account over there so that would be difficult to do.

Are you sure you even know what post(s) I'm talking about? I never mentioned the thread name or what the posts were about. 

On 5/8/2023 at 4:12 AM, Sid Nagy said:

Since the hunt audience found ways to very simply find the hunt objects, they don;t really look around to see the showcased work. So the hunts lost its real value for the merchants with an inworld store IMHO.

To make at least a bit out of all the extra work, more and more merchants started to charge for their goods placed in the hunts.

And a demo for goods less than 25L$?  Really?
Do you ask a demo in RL too, before you buy a single piece of bubblegum in a mom and pap store?

Demo's don't grow on trees. It means extra work for the merchants again. The peanut amount of RL money involved isn't worth the extra effort IMHO.

Actually in RL you can try on clothes and things before you buy them. you don't get to take them home without paying, but you can try them on in the store.. Just about anything you can wear you get to test out first.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Actually in RL you can try on clothes and things before you buy them. you don't get to take them home without paying, but you can try them on in the store.. Just about anything you can wear you get to test out first.

I don't oppose demo's. I produce them myself these days, but for 25 L$ items or less?  C'mon.
Do you know how many of these items one has to sell to make up somewhat for at least an hour extra work?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't oppose demo's. I produce them myself these days, but for 25 L$ items or less?  C'mon.
Do you know how many of these items one has to sell to make up somewhat for at least an hour extra work?

I was just saying that we can try things on in RL.. I wasn't really reacting to the other stuff.. hehehe

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

And Amazon will now even send you clothes for 7 days without charging you.  If you return them within that 7 day trial, you don't get charged at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 7:43 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And Amazon will now even send you clothes for 7 days without charging you.  If you return them within that 7 day trial, you don't get charged at all.

I have not yet found where you can get the "gently used clothes" from Amazon that people sent back.

• Haha 1

Oh hai. Been a while. There's really no good place for me to post this, but I kind of had a bug up my you-know-what to share this info. Since the "peeve" thread was my 2nd home in the Forum, this is as good a place as any, but I'll have to be really creative to make this a peeve.

Ok. Hm. 🤔 Let's see. How to make this into a peever. hm hm hm 🤔

In oh so many ways it is ironic, which might result in feeling peevish, that I'm actually feeling warm and fuzzy towards the Forum, especially the General Discussion subform. I'm feeling grateful, even... for the GD Forum! (read that GD anyway you wish).

A little over 8 months ago I started talking in DM to another Forumite, Da5id Weatherwax. We "met" here. In this virtual place. We bantered in public. We clicked (pun intended). Eight months ago we did the SL partner thing. Today is our 8th month anniversary. :) When I met him I had one foot in SL and one foot out the door, for good. I was done with SL. But miracles of miracles, the stupid SL Forum put two people together, 5 time zones apart. We are doing so well. I'm so happy. And in the relatively near future (within a 12-month year), I'm hoping to make a trek across The Pond so we can do this thing in person. We both know the SL to RL journey is fraught with difficulties, but... yeah. This is looking wonderful.

And it wouldn't have happened without... omg, it is so hard to believe, the SL Forum, GD subforum. Even this thread had its huge part to play. :)  Who would've thunk? Not me. This place has given me a lot of heartache and heartburn over the years, and yet, it may be responsible for a huge YAY! So... Today being our anniversary and I'm a wee bit tipsy on wine, and feeling all mushy and stuff, just wanted to do a big ole "I looooooooove you guys!" and thank "the forum" (however one thanks such a thing) in person.

Finding love in the SL Forum. It doesn't get weirder than that. Cool, huh? :D

me and david ash falls 101322_010crop.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
"peever"? that's a typo, but I like it and so it stands :)
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Bought something from a seller in Oregon and I think they used the slowest delivery to Florida available.

So far it's traveled through Oregon, Utah, Nebraska, Illinois..

6 days on the road… it might make it home tonight 🚚 🙈

• Like 2

Just now, Krystina Ferraris said:
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Bought something from a seller in Oregon and I think they used the slowest delivery to Florida available.

So far it's traveled through Oregon, Utah, Nebraska, Illinois..

6 days on the road… it might make it home tonight 🚚 🙈

Believe it or not, Started 5/8, scheduled for delivery Monday 5/15.  Total expected days on the road: 8!  

(So much for FedEx Ground.)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh hai. Been a while. There's really no good place for me to post this, but I kind of had a bug up my you-know-what to share this info. Since the "peeve" thread was my 2nd home in the Forum, this is as good a place as any, but I'll have to be really creative to make this a peeve.

In oh so many ways it is ironic, which might result in feeling peevish, that I'm actually feeling warm and fuzzy towards the Forum, especially the General Discussion subform. I'm feeling grateful, even... for the GD Forum! (read that GD anyway you wish).

A little over 8 months ago I started talking in DM to another Forumite, Da5id Weatherwax. We "met" here. In this virtual place. We bantered in public. We clicked (pun intended). Eight months ago we did the SL partner thing. Today is our 8th month anniversary. :) When I met him I had one foot in SL and one foot out the door, for good. I was done with SL. But miracles of miracles, the stupid SL Forum put two people together, 5 time zones apart. We are doing so well. I'm so happy. And in the relatively near future (within a 12-month year), I'm hoping to make a trek across The Pond so we can do this thing in person. We both know the SL to RL journey is fraught with difficulties, but... yeah. This is looking wonderful.

And it wouldn't have happened without... omg, it is so hard to believe, the SL Forum, GD subforum. Even this thread had its huge part to play. :)  Who would've thunk? Not me. This place has given me a lot of heartache and heartburn over the years, and yet, it may be responsible for a huge YAY! So... Today being our anniversary and I'm a wee bit tipsy on wine, and feeling all mushy and stuff, just wanted to do a big ole "I looooooooove you guys!" and thank "the forum" (however one thanks such a thing) in person.

Ohhai! Please to tell Da5id we said Ohhai too!

ETA: Congratulations!

47ACC6C8-30B7-4A48-8054-B4793425A6BB.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Believe it or not, Started 5/8, scheduled for delivery Monday 5/15.  Total expected days on the road: 8!  

(So much for FedEx Ground.)

That’s some truckin’!! he must have stopped at a few honkytonks too many on the way there!! 🍺👠

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Congrats!!  All the good vibes heading your way...

Ummm..  it peeves me to read good news in the peeve thread???  It doesn't,  but had to stay on topic.  

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Congrats!!  All the good vibes heading your way...

Ummm..  it peeves me to read good news in the peeve thread???  It doesn't,  but had to stay on topic.  

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Peeve: Seicher has "no more peeves to give", like in the song (except the f-word is used in the song).

• Like 1

My peeve today is more curiosity...but it's driving me nuts because I cant find an answer :S So maybe Americans can help...I watched bits of the CNN interview with Donald Trump, and the presenter kept calling him "Mr President"...but he's not president anymore?

By the way, this isn't meant as a political post, I really just don't understand it...nobody called Obama or George Bush "Mr President" after they served their terms...so is this a new thing? Sometimes it feels like the last 3 years were a crazy dream, so it would be good to know I'm not imagining it 9_9

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

My peeve today is more curiosity...but it's driving me nuts because I cant find an answer :S So maybe Americans can help...I watched bits of the CNN interview with Donald Trump, and the presenter kept calling him "Mr President"...but he's not president anymore?

By the way, this isn't meant as a political post, I really just don't understand it...nobody called Obama or George Bush "Mr President" after they served their terms...so is this a new thing? Sometimes it feels like the last 3 years were a crazy dream, so it would be good to know I'm not imagining it 9_9

Presidents are referred to by that title even after they are no longer in office.  The title stays forever.  In formal settings, the others are referred to as Mr. President also.

Hmm - I just read an article that says the ex ones are not supposed to be called that, but it happens all the time.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Presidents are referred to by that title even after they are no longer in office.  The title stays forever.

Ah OK! Thanks, I had no idea, and found a misleading site earlier that said it was reserved for 'the current POTUS'. 

• Like 1