Pet peeve! I don't have many which is why I amuse myself with this thread via reading, but one has occurred today.

People being weird and explicit towards me when I'm on my animal avatars. I don't enjoy that on humanoid forms but ferals even less.

I just kinda laughed and told them have a good day, then scurried away in utter horror.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

Pet peeve! I don't have many which is why I amuse myself with this thread via reading, but one has occurred today.

People being weird and explicit towards me when I'm on my animal avatars. I don't enjoy that on humanoid forms but ferals even less.

I just kinda laughed and told them have a good day, then scurried away in utter horror.

Just a tad creepy isn't it? I've had this when I go around as a cat, fox or rabbit. It is really off putting. I'm sorry you had to experience it. 😕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I simply do not know what to do when interacting with animal avatars. I don't know if they think of themselves as human who looks animal, or animal that can communicate to humans. Then I get weirded out at the idea of one of them jumping on me or god forbid rub up against my legs like a real cat would do. So, yeah I probably said or did something weird with animal avatars at some point.

Don't even get me started with Slender Man. He scares the bejaggers out of me.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ayla Evergarden said:

I simply do not know what to do when interacting with animal avatars. I don't know if they think of themselves as human who looks animal, or animal that can communicate to humans

Unless I'm on an RP sim with a titler on, I'm just me but animal-shaped and cuter.

I would talk to you the same way I'd chat with anyone, since we are both people behind the screen.

I think that's usually the etiquette, someone else jump in if I'm wrong.

RP Sims is different since that's IC but I always ask before posting in character at someone anyways.

Making a mistake is totally OK! I doubt you were creepy or bad.

However, I could do without the one woman telling me she needed "a big, strong alpha wolf to teach her a lesson ;)".

...Ma'am, I am trying to enjoy the virtual forest as a dog please don't make it weird.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

Unless I'm on an RP sim with a titler on, I'm just me but animal-shaped and cuter.

I would talk to you the same way I'd chat with anyone, since we are both people behind the screen.

RP Sims is different since that's IC but I always ask before posting in character at someone anyways.

However, I could do without the one woman telling me she needed "a big, strong alpha wolf to teach her a lesson ;)".

...Ma'am, I am trying to enjoy the virtual forest as a dog please don't make it weird.

Were you on your way to Grandma's house?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cariboustag said:

Almost every single animal (not furry) avatar that has approached me and messaged has done so in RP mode regardless of where they encounter me.  It may be proper etiquette to approach out of character but from my experiences, that is NOT usually the case.  It's basically forcing your RP onto someone.  I dislike when child avatars act this way as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's basically forcing your RP onto someone. 

It absolutely is.

It's annoying at best, downright unbearable at worst.

And rude no matter how you slice it.

Big fan of consent-based RPing, no matter what it is. Feels grimy otherwise. Everyone's gotta be on equal footing. If not, they're just unwilling actors in your little stage play and not real people. Which is... nasty.

Edited by cariboustag
I didn't mean to double post but I couldn't shut my trap.
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

It absolutely is.

It's annoying at best, downright unbearable at worst.

And rude no matter how you slice it.

Big fan of consent-based RPing, no matter what it is. Feels grimy otherwise. Everyone's gotta be on equal footing. If not, they're just unwilling actors in your little stage play and not real people. Which is... nasty.

How can we be on equal footing when some have 2 feet and others have 4?

Seriously though, I don't generally try to talk to people as a wolf, or I talk in IM. I figure they might feel weird about a talking wolf. I bark and howl a bit, but not to be a nuisance.

What I find more difficult is talking with other animals. I did strike up a conversation with a fox recently. We barked at each other, did the play bow, sat and looked at each other, danced a bit, then took our conversation to IM. It was mostly mirroring as a form of conversation until I felt comfortable IMing him and admitting I haven't roleplayed with ferals and wasn't quite sure how to go about it. We friended each other, then explored the grid together a bit.

• Like 5

@Tasha Ezarael I feel like your method of interacting (or lack) is generally thought of as benign. Heck, I do that too. I hardly ever speak in local unless spoken to directly, just bark or "pose", but only briefly then give people space. That's harmless and fun.

I think the sticking point is when "we" (animal avatar wearers) start drawing up long lines of text of how we react with no preamble or warning, or emoting when asked a straight forward question in IM.

i.e.

[IM session]

"Where'd you get that skin? It's nice!"

/me barks and tilts head.

That's not helpful for anyone. Especially when folks like that don't drop the veil for any reason.

Honestly, feral-to-feral communication isn't my strong suit either. 90% of the time I just haul tail in the opposite direction.

Edited by cariboustag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I've mentioned this before, and this may only apply to me and perhaps a handful of other merchants with both in-world shops and a MP store but ...

Not being able to tie inventory count between an in-world store and the MP store is frustrating as a cat who doesn't like their claws trimmed.

My case, as I said, may be an outlier. I only sell each artwork once. So if you want to view the work on a wall you have to visit my in-world gallery, but you can't buy it from there, because the one copy for sale in the MP isn't inventory-tied to the gallery item. It can't be. So you have to then open your browser to my MP and buy from there.

Then, I have to hop in world to manually replace the current art hanging in my gallery (cause it's still there) with a "sold" sign since the artwork can't detect it's been sold.The reverse is also true when I create a new artwork.

Annoying. 

Give me ... see on gallery wall, buy, disappears from MP listings. And vice versa.

Too much to ask after the Premium Plus debacle? :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I think I've mentioned this before, and this may only apply to me and perhaps a handful of other merchants with both in-world shops and a MP store but ...

Not being able to tie inventory count between an in-world store and the MP store is frustrating as a cat who doesn't like their claws trimmed.

My case, as I said, may be an outlier. I only sell each artwork once. So if you want to view the work on a wall you have to visit my in-world gallery, but you can't buy it from there, because the one copy for sale in the MP isn't inventory-tied to the gallery item. It can't be. So you have to then open your browser to my MP and buy from there.

Then, I have to hop in world to manually replace the current art hanging in my gallery (cause it's still there) with a "sold" sign since the artwork can't detect it's been sold.The reverse is also true when I create a new artwork.

Annoying. 

Give me ... see on gallery wall, buy, disappears from MP listings. And vice versa.

Too much to ask after the Premium Plus debacle? :)

I think LL was talking about doing something to aid with that. And Patch said that what they have so far for Premium Plus is not the only things they will have. He said further on down the road, they will look at adding more things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When I leave for just a short time and come back to an important thread already locked because the usual asshats show up spewing nonsense.  Someone needs a time out.

..and perhaps the thread got locked because a certain someone reported it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

..and perhaps the thread got locked because a certain someone reported it. 

Since the last one they were involved in got locked as well, stands to reason they may not use the block feature as much as they claim.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

It just baffles me that one individual can be so utterly toxic to a community.  

It baffles me too. Also, it baffles me that people who say they have freedom of expression and speech, think they are totally above the consequences. Just cause you have an opinion, doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it and you don't  get called out. 

• Like 3