33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Technically, aren't the oceans, seas, etc. just a "water bubble" around the planet (Earth in this case)?

Probably not.  Maddy's examples all rely primarily on surface tension to define the "bubble" because they are small blobs. The larger a "bubble" is, the less important surface tension is for maintaining it. The world ocean is dramatically larger and the ratio of its surface area to its volume in much smaller than Maddy's bubbles. Gravity is primarily what keeps the ocean in place, although surface tension plays a minor role in keeping it from boiling away quite as quickly as it might otherwise. So at best the ocean might be an extreme end-case, but it's a stretch to think of it in the same class as real "bubbles".

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 8:02 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

2K textures on clothing has begun. RIP bandwidth.

image.png.a4e595c6194c69a23331c4510be6ce35.png

On clothing, every little surface they can stick a 2k texture on eventually....May the force be with our vram. (side note, FS has an option to limit texture size to 512,1024 and it helps) This is the one change that came with PBR that I can say I am not a fan of. Too many people are going to use these textures wrongly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nope, I was referring to the "wall of text" ranters.

What the heck did you just frickin’ say about me, you little whiner? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the frick out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my frickin’ words. You think you can get away with saying that crap to me over the Internet?

Think again, buddy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, buddy.

The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re frickin dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable butt off the face of the continent, you little poopy-head.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your stinking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you big jerk. I will rain fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re in frickin’ trouble, mister.

(Note:  This is the PG version of the Navy SEAL copypasta, which should help me avoid triggering the censor bot)

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

Think again, buddy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, buddy.

For some reason, I thought of south park with this post 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

What if the enemy is using Chimpanzee or Orangutan warfare? What if they have "fire & forget" Baboons?

I seen a show that was about Gorillas  Waring with Chimpanzee's..

Chimpanzee's are too evolved.. They are like in the stone age right now. When they go to war they already have a plan.

They were probably the instigators or spotted the others in their territory and got a party together.

It was really wild to listen to how evolved they are.. They really are the closest to us in that sense I think.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

What the heck did you just frickin’ say about me, you little whiner? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the frick out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my frickin’ words. You think you can get away with saying that crap to me over the Internet?

The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re frickin dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable butt off the face of the continent, you little poopy-head.

If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your stinking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you big jerk. I will rain fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re in frickin’ trouble, mister.

Love, Mum xxx ❤️

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobia said:

(Note:  This is the PG version of the Navy SEAL copypasta, which should help me avoid triggering the censor bot)

Much better than a "wall of text".  In case you didn't know, "wall of text" refers to a post with no paragraph breaks, and sometimes no other discernible punctuation!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Much better than a "wall of text".  In case you didn't know, "wall of text" refers to a post with no paragraph breaks, and sometimes no other discernible punctuation!  

Often combined with word salad to make it so much more enjoyable to try and decipher.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Often combined with word salad to make it so much more enjoyable to try and decipher.

Yes, and randomly "all lower case".. 

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's good practice for those of us with AHDH tendencies to really focus and concentrate on those sorts of posts. It improves reading comprehension and concentration in general.

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

GTB9P7GaEAAG79l?format=jpg&name=small

If you can figure out why Montel Williams is all over my timeline, shoot me an inbox message, LMAO. I feel like there's some good popcorn happening but I'm not sure I feel like wading into it. 😂

Oh wait, I follow him? When the heck did I start doing that?

Peeve: When you've been on a social media platform for so long, you can't even remember why you follow who you follow and you're only reminded they still exist when they suddenly show up in your timeline years later because algorithms go brrrrrrr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If you can figure out why Montel Williams is all over my timeline, shoot me an inbox message, LMAO. I feel like there's some good popcorn happening but I'm not sure I feel like wading into it. 😂

Oh wait, I follow him? When the heck did I start doing that?

Peeve: When you've been on a social media platform for so long, you can't even remember why you follow who you follow and you're only reminded they still exist when they suddenly show up in your timeline years later because algorithms go brrrrrrr.

He dated Kamala Harris briefly years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1