7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is not so much a peeve as "WTF, THIS SHOULD NOT EXIST". I had to take a picture when I saw this at Wallmart.

20240705_084928.thumb.jpg.bf54c33ae035a9cf52e6d394f1cbaf5d.jpg

Do you have a college campus close by?  That looks totally like test marketing to those kids.

Nasty

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is not so much a peeve as "WTF, THIS SHOULD NOT EXIST". I had to take a picture when I saw this at Wallmart.

This reminds me of an article about different chips/crisps flavours being created for different countries that I read some time ago. It was surprisingly interesting.

Initially, though, I saw the last post by Ceka, and my brain just noticed cup noodles, didn't notice the flavour, but the question about a college campus, and thought the WTF of them charging $128 for a cup of cup noodles would turn out as being some kind of "whole semester of cup noodles supply for college kids" deal, before I realised it's $1.28, and about the flavour being perceived as yucky, after a split second of "ah, hyper super ultra limited special edition cup noodles that they somehow have the hope of getting "weeboes" to buy, because a manga creator, for fun, made it a popular chatacter's favourite flavour, and Nissin noticed and actually created it" 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InnerCity Elf said:

This reminds me of an article about different chips/crisps flavours being created for different countries that I read some time ago. It was surprisingly interesting.

Here in NL we even have chips/crisps that taste like deep fried potato!  Cool or what?  :D

But more seriously, small peeve, the whole world should be able to enjoy our Patatje Joppie flavour.

25032024_1711381755924_1711381762374_871

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's only $1.28...try one and report back? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rat Luv said:

It's only $1.28...try one and report back? 🙂

Nope. This store marks down items that don't sell, so maybe if it goes to half price, just to report back how it tastes, but there's no nutritional value in this besides carbs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, InnerCity Elf said:

Yes, similarly some countries (like Japan) have different flavors of chocolates, like Japan with KitKat bars. Google tells me there are more than 300 seasonal and regional flavors of KitKat bars.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Do you have a college campus close by?  That looks totally like test marketing to those kids.

Nasty

No Collage nearby. If they're test marketing, it's to middle class folks.

There are different regional "dessert noodles", etc. but I don't think the venerable "Cup Noodles" brand is doing themselves any favors by straying from their normal offerings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Here in NL we even have chips/crisps that taste like deep fried potato!  Cool or what?  :D

But more seriously, small peeve, the whole world should be able to enjoy our Patatje Joppie flavour.

25032024_1711381755924_1711381762374_871

One thing I always noticed when going abroad is the difference in branding for these specific crisps / chips. In the UK they're called Walkers you see and not Lays. 

image.png.e130d4eb1cfabb501bac003b05ae6d08.png

• Like 2

Peeve: Watching high-profile trial livestreams on YouTube when comments are left on. This is the worst platform for this.

I should just close the chat panel, but it's like driving by an accident. Can't turn away.

Go on, chat, with your bad self. Show us just how many cucumbers you can spam.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

One thing I always noticed when going abroad is the difference in branding for these specific crisps / chips. In the UK they're called Walkers you see and not Lays.

Wait, Lays is Walker's?

We have Lays here, but they're really boring, without any of the cool flavours you can get with Walker's.

• Like 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:
3 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

Wait, Lays is Walker's?

We have Lays here, but they're really boring, without any of the cool flavours you can get with Walker's.

"Walkers, the crisps preferred by the The Walking Dead!"

Amc The Walking Dead GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

It's true, Walkers is like the CERN of crisp flavours

image.thumb.jpeg.47459a02c7b5aa105e964418290229bf.jpeg

My favourite is Ox Tail Soup.

These are only available in specialty stores here (of which, in fairness, there are actually quite a few). Along with Orange Club Bars and Rowntree Black Currant Pastels (both of which I would happily murder for).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My favourite is Ox Tail Soup.

What the - :o? I've never seen that one!  :( I will write to Walkers to complain...and people think gachas are unfair...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Along with Orange Club Bars and Rowntree Black Currant Pastels (both of which I would happily murder for).

If you'd murder for Bars and Pastels, I'm hesitant to know what you'd do for a Klondike bar! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

What the - :o? I've never seen that one!  :( I will write to Walkers to complain...and people think gachas are unfair...

Actually, it looks as though they may have been a once-in-a-lifetime flavour, as I'm not finding them now. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually, it looks as though they may have been a once-in-a-lifetime flavour, as I'm not finding them now. 🤨

I can imagine it tasting really nice though...I missed cajun squirrel too...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:
24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait, Lays is Walker's?

We don't have Walker's here but we do have flavored Lays

https://www.lays.com/product-category/lays

Was it Lay's that had the campaign to "suggest a flavor" and "vote on flavors"?

A few posts back, someone said basically that Walkers and Lays are the same brand.

• Like 1