Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

This is not so much a peevve as a question.

People who move to a place with a sign outside that reads "Tornado Valley Welcomes Careless Settlers" then build houses out of pine studding and plasterboard, that weigh almost nothing and have thee structual integrity of a soggy cardboard box.

Then they complain when their house ends up, upside down in a tree half a mile from where they built it.

What's up with that?

It's kind of like all those homes built in cities on the coast that are below sea level - and then being surprised when they get flooded.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

God I'll be glad when this whole child avatar thing has been sorted and put to bed.

At 8pm of course, like good little children.

Ya, I wonder if 4 different threads are enough.. I mean there was only like over 6k replies in the first one.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's kind of like all those homes built in cities on the coast that are below sea level - and then being surprised when they get flooded.

Our homes are all built on the east side of a mountain and  the tornadoes come from the west. We've seen signs  of them on the back side of the mountain before where they cut some paths, but not anything on our side..

We've got 10 ft tall  concrete basement right inside of the mountain which has more mountains on the other side of the mountain we're built into.. hehehe

We've got just as many bedrooms  in the basement as we do up stairs, as well as another kitchen and then a bar and rec area.. It's mainly set up for guests, but also for emergencies..

The whole upstairs could collapse and it wouldn't come through the floor.. We could just walk out the basement door.. hehehe

Myself, I was more worried about the people I know in town and those that I work with  and others around the area where things were getting hit.

I've been in two tornadoes in my life and both were up north in the suburbs of Chicago,  when we lived there for a little bit before moving down to Tennessee.. hehehe

They call our region, then new tornado alley.. Which only happened just in the last few years.. It landed on us, we didn't land on it.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I wonder if 4 different threads are enough.. I mean there was only like over 6k replies in the first one.. hehehe

IMO, we need another 1 or 2, at least.

• Haha 4

I had one tornado touch down near my house when I was a child living in Kansas City, MO.  It was a very freaky experience.

We've had some here in CO, but they are almost always further east, on the plains.  The mountains seem to keep them from touching down too close and we are just past the foothills.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

IMO, we need another 1 or 2, at least.

"Tommy Linden: I am quite frankly exhausted from reading all those posts. I had to order my coffee in bulk the last few days."

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had one tornado touch down near my house when I was a child living in Kansas City, MO.  It was a very freaky experience.

We've had some here in CO, but they are almost always further east, on the plains.  The mountains seem to keep them from touching down too close and we are just past the foothills.

That's how it is where we are also..The mountains are like a ramp or  something that stunts them if we even get them.. they mostly go around us as well..

Last night at one point in our area, there was over 40 tornado warnings at the same time.. then another 7 below us in Alabama.

When I woke up this morning at 3:30 which is when my alarm goes off..  I was like, why the heck is my alarm so loud..

It was my alarm and  another tornado warning.. lol

They were none stop all night long. It was crazy..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have never seen so many really angry kids altogether at once, in one place.

It's like someone forgot to order the ice cream and balloons.

And of course, one kid kept running around so much it was distracting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have never seen so many really angry kids altogether at once, in one place.

It's like someone forgot to order the ice cream and balloons.

* LL steps into the room *

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

* LL steps into the room *

Now, if they had never been allowed to exist in the first place....

13 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Now, if they had never been allowed to exist in the first place....

/me shivers

I am going to leave this one in the hands of LL, they have my sympathy.

Aaand..  I'm staying away from cornfields for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The entire modesty layer ordeal has so many people fueling one another in paranoia, that they want absolute answers, and they are demanding more rules set in place to protect them from a banning that never would have likely occurred in the first place, but now because of the additional rules are more than likely to find themselves violating something or another.  I think it is usually just a tactic used by a few people, to get others to join their ranks.  

It really did not need to be this complicated.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

/me shivers

I am going to leave this one in the hands of LL, they have my sympathy.

Aaand..  I'm staying away from cornfields for the foreseeable future. 

Hey! I think one of those kids was at the User Group meeting!

• Haha 3

Peeks in to the forum

This is all getting too crazy and complicated. Going to make myself into an 8 foot tall granny and derender all avatars in my vicinity, and hope no naked child comes wandering by.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Peeks in to the forum

This is all getting too crazy and complicated. Going to make myself into an 8 foot tall granny and derender all avatars in my vicinity, and hope no naked child comes wandering by.

Be careful. If you derender everyone around you, you won't be able to tell if there is a naked child or furry avatar there.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There's a British comedian, called Al Murray, does this "pub landlord" act..

To paraphrase one of his one liners.

"It's not San Andreas' fault, it's YOUR fault for rezzing a house on a region crossing!"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Tommy Linden: I am quite frankly exhausted from reading all those posts. I had to order my coffee in bulk the last few days."

I can completely relate to that since I really did try to keep up with the original thread and read everything. Everytime thinking I had finally caught up, notices would pop up telling me there was more replies. Sometimes more than a few pages added.

Peeve: I have diagnosed OCD so when I start reading something, sometimes I feel strongly compelled to finish it. Even books that turn out to be heavily disliked. I have to finish it. My husband had to help keep me distracted at the fantasy faire after he found me sobbing in frustration that I couldn't keep up with the reading. My OCD is horrible at times. Ridiculous, but horrible.

Now that I spaced myself from it, I just cannot bring myself to become heavily invested in reading through the new threads that cropped up. I tried. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I have diagnosed OCD so when I start reading something, sometimes I feel strongly compelled to finish it.

I don't have OCD, but can relate to this.

Also, movies. Even really bad ones. Occasionally one is so horrific that I am compelled to turn if off (there's one scene in Trainspotting that stopped me cold: excellent movie though it is, I couldn't watch further, and have never finished it, and likely never will).

3 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Now that I spaced myself from it, I just cannot bring myself to become heavily invested in reading through the new threads that cropped up. I tried.

At this point, the wheels are turning and there's not much more here to be said anyway -- until the newest iteration of the rules and/or FAQ drop, which won't be immediate. I think it's safe to take a holiday!

Me, I'm trying to think of "adult" things (but not "Adult" things!) that I can do as a sort of remedy!

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Have you tried...

Skyrim ?

Hhahaha

I'd have to kick my partner off his computer, as I don't have it!

I'm sure I can make it worth his while if I feel so inclined though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'd have to kick my partner off his computer, as I don't have it!

I'm sure I can make it worth his while if I feel so inclined though.

Haha, if the opening cart ride is too traumatic for you, download a mod for it called "Live Another Life". Then you can start someplace else. If I remember right there's a "owns a farm" start available.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If I remember right there's a "owns a farm" start available.

I could totally do that!!!!!

I DO have an open world space exploration game I got two Xmases ago that I've never really played. Not No Man's Sky or Starfield; it's sort of quirky and funny, with tiny little planets. Outer Wilds I think? I could try that, I suppose.

• Like 1