1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, and in OTHER news -- in case a mere neighbourhood bunfight isn't exciting enough -- apparently Bonniebots is trying to sabotage or break the new LL AI-driven bots.

Yes, dahlings . . . be sure to subscribe to my channel for ALL the juicy news!!!

I should be following you by now. You always find this stuff out long before I do. SL drama is usually the last thing to catch my attention when the gaming industry as a whole and every big studio are perpetually on fire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know that I dare link directly to Bluesky, but this from one of the main figures associated with BB:

"We might have been doing our best to break the new bot system LL has introduced to SL. I sincerely hope this worked. The bots are horrible, by the way. Only one person can talk to them at a time. They have very basic script responses and respond rather awkwardly."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I should be following you by now. You always find this stuff out long before I do. SL drama is usually the last thing to catch my attention when the gaming industry as a whole and every big studio are perpetually on fire.

An explosion at EA? Blizzard employees turning to cannibalism?

Pffffft.

They got NOTHING on the nefarious backroom deals being cut in the kitchens of Bellisseria!

• Haha 2

An explosion at EA? Blizzard employees turning to cannibalism?

Pffffft.

They got NOTHING on the nefarious backroom deals being cut in the kitchens of Bellisseria!

Pffffft. EA and Blizzard are old news!

Peeve: Larian turning our precious Astarion and Karlach (and everybody else, sniff) over to WOTC for good - now THAT is a scandal!!!!! 

robin-crying-drunk-under-desk.gif

I'll just say it tho - Belli drama is boring. Gonna need something better than that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: Larian turning our precious Astarion and Karlach (and everybody else, sniff) over to WOTC for good - now THAT is a scandal!!!!!

Oh, sort of vaguely aware of this. I have an occasional Baldur's Gate player in the house. So no new one?

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'll just say it tho - Belli drama is boring. Gonna need something better than that!

Well, yes. And as I'm a mainlander rather than a Belli person, I have no stake in any of this really, and only have gleanings I've gathered from social media posts.

There IS however a newish video -- about 20 mins of red hot OMG! -- on the subject. With another apparently in the pipeline.

• Like 2

Oh, sort of vaguely aware of this. I have an occasional Baldur's Gate player in the house. So no new one?

No new Baldur's Gate or any WotC-owned property (no Icewind Dale, etc.). No DLC. No new content. Just bug fixes. *sniffle* Peeeeeeve!

The good news is we're supposedly getting a brand new IP out of them as their next project, so...that could be amazing!

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, yes. And as I'm a mainlander rather than a Belli person, I have no stake in any of this really, and only have gleanings I've gathered from social media posts.

There IS however a newish video -- about 20 mins of red hot OMG! -- on the subject. With another apparently in the pipeline.

Yeah, I'm private islands or bust, so I'm way out of the loop on everything. I saw one video about somethin' a week or so ago, but not sure if it's what you're talmbout, Willis. Don't post it buuuut, you know where to find me. 👀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Ah yes ... Changing the name on the announcement to match the account name as opposed to the real person is such a scandal that demands one go digging up the original ...

Get a grip people.

Well considering the name of a thread is close to having a copyright, question would be can the Lab really just change Scylla's topic name like that unless she is an employee in which case they could. Is there another potential there for Scylla actually being a deep cover mole?

Or am I just pot stirring?

cute-witch-with-cauldron.jpg?s=612x612&w

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't know that I dare link directly to Bluesky, but this from one of the main figures associated with BB:

"We might have been doing our best to break the new bot system LL has introduced to SL. I sincerely hope this worked. The bots are horrible, by the way. Only one person can talk to them at a time. They have very basic script responses and respond rather awkwardly."

oooo A reason to road test my shiny new account. Not that I'll ever post anything. 🤭

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

..but BB's only gather info IIRC..it's an entirely different market than the LL bots. Right?

I think BB is treading on thin ice if they criticize LL Bots! LOL!!

• Like 2

Peeve: Why do I still like Second Life?
Liking Jigsaw puzzles of 5,000 pieces would be so much more uncomplicated.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Sooo. Virtual bot-fight shows when?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952zcmscexz82awcpjjjox

Advantage: LL Bots - BB Bots can't create their own insults, BB Team members have to write insults for the LL Bots.

Peeve: Of course, one or the other Bots could be considered "an insult unto themselves"..

• Like 3

Just now, Orwar said:

Sooo. Virtual bot-fight shows when?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952zcmscexz82awcpjjjox

giphy.gif

New idea for the welcome area, a region devoted to bot fights.  LLMs are a must, because we need to not only see the battle, we need to hear them insult one another as well.  Then, no cup 'o drama will ever run dry in the forums again.. no one will be left wanting, we can all go to the gladiator bot pits.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Peeve: people teasing us with promises of drama yet no links

Can't link. I find everything via search on a few different social platforms. Speaking of which...

Peeve: There are too many darn platforms.

Also:

@Scylla Rhiadra I found the Bluesky stuffs, but there's not much. Not even any good LA GTA drama while waiting for more. Hmpf.

luluwpp.gif

Edit: Oh shoot, I missed a 90 minute chase yesterday. Peeve.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

New idea for the welcome area, a region devoted to bot fights.  LLMs are a must, because we need to not only see the battle, we need to hear them insult one another as well.  Then, no cup 'o drama will ever run dry in the forums again.. no one will be left wanting, we can all go to the gladiator bot pits.  

The fights should be on the Motown region.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I saw one video about somethin' a week or so ago, but not sure if it's what you're talmbout, Willis. Don't post it buuuut, you know where to find me. 👀

Oh, I haven't actually watched it.

I do think, however, that it provides some needed context for the flamewar intermittently flaring up on the LH forum: there's a bit more to this than "sulky person sulks cuz not invited to party." The video's allegations (about a rival system to the BBB passport system that was shunted to the side) are serious enough that I believe LL actually reached out to the creator in question. Nika (who is generally pretty sensible about this stuff) has a post on the LH forum discussion that suggests, without saying too much, that it's not quite as cut and dry as might appear to the uninitiated.

Not my monkeys though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1