9 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh at first glance I thought you said:  "and this might be the start of my villain orgy story." and thought, "oh this looks like it might be exciting!"

Funnily, I actually first read it as "the start of my virgin story" -- and the differences between our misreading probably say a lot about us . . . 😏

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Funnily, I actually first read it as "the start of my virgin story" -- and the differences between our misreading probably say a lot about us . . . 😏

I like you more all the time! "Class, your creative writing assignment is.."!

• Haha 1

So, some absolute IDIOT has griefed the gallery hosting the MSF / Doctors without Borders in Ukraine exhibition with spamming particle memes (swastikas, communist flags, etc., the usual 4Chan garbage). I've reported it of course and notified the gallery owner -- I don't have full land perms there so I can't do anything about it myself, although I did track down the jerk who did it.

What kind of an absolute POS would grief an exhibition raising money to help RL victims of war?

I really don't get people sometimes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but..

Demos/HUDs that time out (before you've even got to the colours you're interested in)!!!

I'd post a pic but it'd be illegal in some countries..

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: when you've been waiting for a package delivery all day and go to ask Neph is she has seen the mailman by any chance ..

923224211854a80f45c91bb6474616f3.png

Ok, now I know why I was dreaming about vampires and being a vampire. I was trying to get the others to stop killing people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Demos/HUDs that time out (before you've even got to the colours you're interested in)!!!

Yeah I have never understood the concept of a timed demo, it's just plain dumb.  If the demo is timed there is a good chance I am not spending money with the merchant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Yeah I have never understood the concept of a timed demo, it's just plain dumb.  If the demo is timed there is a good chance I am not spending money with the merchant.

It is extremely annoying. The 10 minute ones I can just about live with although I'd prefer if they just didn't but I have seen some at 2 minutes... 2 minutes to try it on with however much stuff I might want to test it with... no thanks.

I just don't get the motivation, timed demos offer nothing over the normal demo rings etc. If the motivation is an attempt to 'protect' the product then just obscure the textures somehow.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Modulated said:

If the demo is timed there is a good chance I am not spending money with the merchant.

Same, most of the time.

In this instance, the item is only 60L and I had a hunch about a couple of the colours, so I went back for another demo. But yeah, I usually just delete and forget if a demo times out.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It is extremely annoying. The 10 minute ones I can just about live with although I'd prefer if they just didn't but I have seen some at 2 minutes... 2 minutes to try it on with however much stuff I might want to test it with... no thanks.

I just don't get the motivation, timed demos offer nothing over the normal demo rings etc. If the motivation is an attempt to 'protect' the product then just obscure the textures somehow.

A lot of the time I will get a demo, try to put something together then have to afk for a while quickly, and if it's timed guess what? No demo when you get back lol.  Annoying is putting it nicely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

For me timed demos = lost sale/customer. Full stop. Do not pass Go. Do not collect. End of the line.

• Like 3

I really don't understand the desire designers have for timed demos. There's a formal gown store that I usually love, but her timed demos pizz me off in a hurry.  Why?  It's not like a large number of people run around in SL wearing nothing but demos because they're broke. I don't see a lot of fashion bloggers wearing demos in their pics and editing out whatever demo graphic surrounds or is on the clothing.  WHY?   I've heard of some stores where people get ejected and banned for nudity caused by timed demos.  It's STOOPID. 

Has anyone actually sent a notecard to these stores and politely asked why? Did you get an answer? 

• Like 3

Peeve: Made some nice progress in SL this weekend on projects, but need to work on RL music. I could always run SL or browse the Forum from the mixing / recording PC, and need to start doing that so I'm planted in front of the music gear.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

14 hours ago, Modulated said:

13 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

13 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Same, most of the time.

In this instance, the item is only 60L and I had a hunch about a couple of the colours, so I went back for another demo. But yeah, I usually just delete and forget if a demo times out.

13 hours ago, Modulated said:

A lot of the time I will get a demo, try to put something together then have to afk for a while quickly, and if it's timed guess what? No demo when you get back lol.  Annoying is putting it nicely.

2 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I really don't understand the desire designers have for timed demos. There's a formal gown store that I usually love, but her timed demos pizz me off in a hurry.  Why?  It's not like a large number of people run around in SL wearing nothing but demos because they're broke. I don't see a lot of fashion bloggers wearing demos in their pics and editing out whatever demo graphic surrounds or is on the clothing.  WHY?   I've heard of some stores where people get ejected and banned for nudity caused by timed demos.  It's STOOPID. 

Has anyone actually sent a notecard to these stores and politely asked why? Did you get an answer? 

I put an entire outfit of demos together before I buy the items , so this is extremely annoying. Honestly I think it's 1 of 2 things .

1  an attempt to rush the user into buying the real product so they don't have to keep re-buying the demo just to get it to work with an outfit they're making . ( the trashy and sly method)

2 a way to prevent those weirdos who will wear demos for weeks instead of buying real products ,from doing that.... xD

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I put an entire outfit of demos together before I buy the items , so this is extremely annoying. Honestly I think it's 1 of 2 things .

1  an attempt to rush the user into buying the real product so they don't have to keep re-buying the demo just to get it to work with an outfit they're making . ( the trashy and sly method)

2 a way to prevent those weirdos who will wear demos for weeks instead of buying real products ,from doing that.... xD

Add to that, laziness, because timed demos are the fastest demos to make. All you need to do is drop a script in your product, no making special textures, no attaching objects to your items. Drop the script in and you are done. This is the main reason people use them, I think.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Major Peeve: We can take pics with our SL cameras, but we can't record video. 

That would get used A LOT by everyone I think.  Peeve: Why didn't we get that instead of PBR.

2nd Peeve: PBR Just makes me worry my shop will be too dark.  
I'm not excited about that AT ALL, Linden forcing me to rebuild with something I don't understand.

Video inside SL like snapshots now that would be a great feature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

That would get used A LOT by everyone I think.  Peeve: Why didn't we get that instead of PBR.

2nd Peeve: PBR Just makes me worry my shop will be too dark.  
I'm not excited about that AT ALL, Linden forcing me to rebuild with something I don't understand.

Video inside SL like snapshots now that would be a great feature. 

I'm guessing video recording would be a function of the viewer, and not SL itself, like PBR is. Maybe a codec licensing issue? I don't know. I DO know it's a major pain to turn off the UI and the HUDs (especially if they are RLV locked) to record with a third party app. The camera can turn all of that off, so technically it IS possible IMHO.

Edited by Bagnu

On 3/16/2024 at 8:06 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: Bad Demos.

No HUD in this one, so no way to see different colors. 

Balls attaching in weird places. (I assume the creator expected me to attach the demo to my hand.)

3-16-24 Bad Bikini Demo_002.jpg

I've come across demos like that, it's a head-scratcher — yes, I'd like to make sure the item fits me, but it would even better if I can find out what version of 'pink' the creator has gone with.

Similarly, non-working HUDs are a tell-tale sign that perhaps this item isn't for me.

• Like 4

On 3/17/2024 at 1:09 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'll see your Charlton Heston and raise you Sean Connery.

T2ROuhxKL7jehflZGkB4td_tq8U

I've seen that film — it is totally bonkers, but it has Sean Connery and Charlotte Rampling in it. 😋

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 7:42 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, some absolute IDIOT has griefed the gallery hosting the MSF / Doctors without Borders in Ukraine exhibition with spamming particle memes (swastikas, communist flags, etc., the usual 4Chan garbage). I've reported it of course and notified the gallery owner -- I don't have full land perms there so I can't do anything about it myself, although I did track down the jerk who did it.

What kind of an absolute POS would grief an exhibition raising money to help RL victims of war?

I really don't get people sometimes.

I saw notice about that last night — so sorry to hear :( I hope those particles get nuked soon, and yes some folks apparently will sink that low to get their jollies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: This current version of the flu that's going around.. It's a very rough one. I don't wish it on anyone..

I've been in the bed since Thursday night. It's a bad sore throat with high fever.. Saturday I thought I was feeling better So I got to be out of bed for a few hours.. But when I went back to bed, It came back with a vengeance..  Last night Almost going to the hospital with a fever of 103.. hot sweats, cold sweats.. Finally this morning it's feeling like  I am getting some sort of breather from it..

But I'm going to go to the doctor today anyways.  If I had known it was gonna be as bad as is, I would have went Friday.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I DO know it's a major pain to turn off the UI and the HUDs

Ctrl + Alt + F1 / Shift + Alt + H. Such major pain! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Midnoot said:

It's possible but I tend to think it's more about just how easy it makes to create a demo. You take the retail package and throw a script into it, that's it.

Other methods require you to modify your item to include demo rings etc or to go through each texture painting 'DEMO' all over them or whatever. Then you need to update your HUD to point to the right textures etc.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

but it would even better if I can find out what version of 'pink' the creator has gone with.

Oh lord... the pain is real. Also why do colors in HUD swatches so often not match color in world? I know lighting etc but even with this considered the colors are often wildly inaccurate, white is very often grey and pink can be all over the place!

• Thanks 1