7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Plus a fair few films. I'm so mad SGU was cancelled though, sure it was a slow burn but not everything has to be chaotic action 24/7 just because it's SciFi - the story was really intriguing and it had Robert fricking Carlyle in it.

Now apparently Amazon are going to pick it up and there's been talk of a 'reboot', which terrifies me; it doesn't need a reboot, it needs continuation, and it's not the company I'd want to produce anything I care for after what they did with The Rings of Power.

A reboot would be a huge mistake. 

It's like Dune. SciFi/SyFy did the best version but didn't follow through. The new Dune is not up to par imo. SyFy are fools for not doing a continuation for either one. Dune or SGUniverse.

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The new Dune is not up to par imo

I didn't watch the new film(s?), for much the same reason I won't watch the remakes of the Planet of the Apes films - there's hardly anything to improve upon from the originals. It's just some of the best SciFi films in history, doing remakes of them is akin to an art student doodling a vague copy of <insert your favourite classical painting here> and trying to get people hyped because 'it's a Mona Lisa but with a ton more CGI!'. 

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, kind of not what I'm looking to look like in SL though.  I don't have the greatest knees in RL but come on!  Knobby knees should be an add-on if wanted.

My knees...nice and dainty

8863469e15512922187cf74a283fea2c.thumb.png.5e928dd4af840c95e21a146eeb7abf98.png

My honest, non-joking opinion about the earlier knees picture you posted is:

From personal observation it is "normal" to have the "swollen-looking" area ABOVE the knee; however, to have that both above and below the knee looks anatomically wrong.

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

I didn't watch the new film(s?), for much the same reason I won't watch the remakes of the Planet of the Apes films - there's hardly anything to improve upon from the originals. It's just some of the best SciFi films in history, doing remakes of them is akin to an art student doodling a vague copy of <insert your favourite classical painting here> and trying to get people hyped because 'it's a Mona Lisa but with a ton more CGI!'. 

I looked them up to see where they might fit with the older movies and found, they aren't part of the older series..

The 3 newer prequels are rebooted in a different timeline and a different future.. These more show the rise of the apes and the decline of the human race over time..

They are really good movies.. I'm looking forward to, Kingdom of the planet of the apes..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The 3 newer prequels are rebooted in a different timeline and a different future..

In which they dumbed down the social commentary that was integral to the original series, turned it into a mindless CGI action-fest.

And watching the new ones, you miss out on this! 

71mhduv8irL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

.. Or this, if you prefer ..

s-l1200.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My honest, non-joking opinion about the earlier knees picture you posted is:

From personal observation it is "normal" to have the "swollen-looking" area ABOVE the knee; however, to have that both above and below the knee looks anatomically wrong.

SL is a vanity platform. So one only can exaggerate what people like about bodies, but not what they don't particularly like.

• Like 2

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

SL is a vanity platform. So one only can exaggerate what people like about bodies, but not what they don't particularly like.

I really don't have any issues with things you can add-on to personalize your look.  I've added crows feet around my eyes, body moles, freckles and such.  I even think the little belly poof can look good.  What I don't understand is making the base skin look so...odd?   Even looking at my not-so-perfect knees in RL, I don't have rolls of skin which is what the pic I posted looks like.  I've had skins with larger knees which is fine, too.  I don't even know how to describe those I posted.  Knobby doesn't really fit, IMO. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Orwar said:

In which they dumbed down the social commentary that was integral to the original series, turned it into a mindless CGI action-fest.

s-l1200.webp

I don't know much about the older ones.. The newer ones seem like they are more from the perspective of the apes  side and really the only CGI is pretty much the apes and probably some scenery in for the sets like the villages and  bridge fight scenes and things like that.

Most of the clips I did see of the older ones seemed more of a perspective from the humans side where the humans were still the smartest ones in the room..

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Most of the clips I did see of the older ones seemed more of a perspective from the humans side where the humans were still the smartest ones in the room..

It varies between the films. The first and second films are mainly from the perspective of a human as they arrive at the planet of the apes, where the apes are the smartest in the room (humans are just slaves). In later films the perspective shifts to that of the apes, and finally Caesar when the apes revolt in our own timeline.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: now I feel like re-watching Stargate SG1 .. Again.

apophis.gif?resize=464,261&ssl=1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I never stopped watching. lol

tumblr_pbttwguDrj1rjkjhfo1_500.gif

They can try reboots if they want but they can't replace Sam.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It varies between the films. The first and second films are mainly from the perspective of a human as they arrive at the planet of the apes, where the apes are the smartest in the room (humans are just slaves). In later films the perspective shifts to that of the apes, and finally Caesar when the apes revolt in our own timeline.

These 3 newer ones are more  the evolution of the apes from Caesar.. The next one is like 300 years later where some sort of split happened with the apes that split them into two factions.. One is hiding what they know about Caesar and the other had forgotten about him.. Something like that..

How they became so intelligent is kind of neat.. The humans  thought they found a cure for Alzheimer's and had been using apes for testing of the drug.. Caesar was the only one born in the testing facility, so he was born with high intelligence rather than having it applied..

The Newer movies really are about the life of Caesar from beginning to end and the growth of the apes and the decline of the humans. I think it was from a virus that came about from the thing that made the apes so intelligent.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: Bad Demos.

No HUD in this one, so no way to see different colors.  Giant Balls attaching in weird places. 

3-16-24 Bad Bikini Demo_002.jpg

I wonder sometimes if some ever even test their own demos.. hehehe

I'm willing to bet those were supposed to be transparent with some sort of wording like demo being the only thing showing..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wonder sometimes if some ever even test their own demos.. hehehe

I'm willing to bet those were supposed to be transparent with some sort of wording like demo being the only thing showing..

They have the store name on them, so I doubt they were supposed to be small or transparent.

Peeve.  My OCD neighbor.  Fairly nice day today so I'd thought I could enjoy some fresh air.  Mr. OCD next door decides today is the day to start his obsession with lawn mowing.  Right next to my open window.  Aren't you supposed to let your grass grow in the spring before you mow it?

• Like 4

Peeve: when you've been waiting for a package delivery all day and go to ask Neph is she has seen the mailman by any chance ..

923224211854a80f45c91bb6474616f3.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: I just saw "viva la gyatt!" posted into my timeline, and this might be the start of my villain origin story.

Oh at first glance I thought you said:  "and this might be the start of my villain orgy story." and thought, "oh this looks like it might be exciting!"

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

They are actually worth watching. The CGI is phenomenal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

s-l1200.webp

I'll see your Charlton Heston and raise you Sean Connery.

T2ROuhxKL7jehflZGkB4td_tq8U

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

They are actually worth watching. The CGI is phenomenal.

I watch the first one again today.. They showed in one of the tv news reports of a ship called the Icarus that launched, then like 5 years later kids delivering the news papers from the back of a truck, the headlines on the paper said, Lost in space..

I went and looked at the other movies and why they were calling these newer ones prequels.. I guess it's because everything happened on earth anyways and the prequels are how the apes came to power and the humans declined.. Where the older movies are all after the fact and started from time travel that the began with the Icarus and then the three apes coming back to the 60's or 70's in the Icarus.

Now I have to watch the older movies, because this is getting kind of interesting.. hehehe

• Like 2