40 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And another thing...people who IM you with an RP emote.  And...especially one like this...

"Then he notices something interesting and slowly approaches you from behind and sharply slaps your ass, hear a sweet sound to his ears. Forcing you to give him your attention."

The only thing you forced me to do was ignore you.  Not only did you think I'd appreciate a slap on the ass but then you proceed to tell me how to respond?  I don't think so.

Ya I hate those! \o/

I'm gonna start doing them back..

"Instinctively turns while pulling an object from her purse, BZZZZZZZZZZZZT!   You wake up in an alley somewhere  hours later realizing  your weeener fell off from being tazed bro"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya I hate those! \o/

I'm gonna start doing them back..

"Instinctively turns while pulling an object from her purse, BZZZZZZZZZZZZT!   You wake up in an alley somewhere  hours later realizing  your weeener fell off from being tazed bro"

GMTA! \o/

• Like 1

When I buy a thing at an event (so it's a current thing, from an active creator)
and their profile says "Contact by notecard because IMs get capped"
   (which is already a warning sign, but whatever)
and so I go to the trouble of

• creating a new notecard,
  • devising some name for it so it won't get lost,
  • explaining what needs attention in just the right amount of detail, and
  • saving and sending the notecard

and then never hear back

I get peeved.

If a merchant requires me to craft them a notecard just for the privilege of showing an interest in their product, they better respond eventually.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

When I buy a thing at an event (so it's a current thing, from an active creator)
and their profile says "Contact by notecard because IMs get capped"
   (which is already a warning sign, but whatever)
and so I go to the trouble of

• creating a new notecard,
  • devising some name for it so it won't get lost,
  • explaining what needs attention in just the right amount of detail, and
  • saving and sending the notecard

and then never hear back

I get peeved.

If a merchant requires me to craft them a notecard just for the privilege of showing an interest in their product, they better respond eventually.

I've been having exactly the same experience with a well-known clothing creator. I've sent her two notecards now, explaining in detail what the problem is, and included multiple screenshots that make it absolutely clear that the issue was with HER vendor.

And not heard a word back, despite the fact that she continues to participate in events and weekend sales. I sent the first notecard . . . two months ago?

I'm going to send a third notecard, but at this point she clearly isn't going to respond.

And I will no longer be shopping at a store where I have, over the years, dropped a fair bit of money.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've been having exactly the same experience with a well-known clothing creator. I've sent her two notecards now, explaining in detail what the problem is, and included multiple screenshots that make it absolutely clear that the issue was with HER vendor.

And not heard a word back, despite the fact that she continues to participate in events and weekend sales. I sent the first notecard . . . two months ago?

I'm going to send a third notecard, but at this point she clearly isn't going to respond.

And I will no longer be shopping at a store where I have, over the years, dropped a fair bit of money.

Or worse ... the creators who don't even respond in second life and demand that you join their discord server to get any kind of help....  them they leave you hangin for a week before replying ... when we know darn well that someone .:CERBERUS:.

.:CERBERUS:. Would have replied in a second life group way before then . Even if it was just another customer who owned the product . Not buying from them anymore for sure .  Just sayin.
Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thats annoying when people make you use discord.

Linden changed SL not long ago and made capped messages worse.

Now i had to look in my notecards and i found a customer asking me to sell them something a month ago.

All i can say is creators are people with lives too who knows what is going on for them or if they even saw the notecard.

If one has a busy shop with many sales:

- use an alt for your SL social life, if you have time left for one.
- let SL send you notifications to an e-mailadress you actually check every day.
- Fix problems swiftly, so you don't get even more customer messages about the same problem.
- If you want to be a merchant, be one in all fields. Not only the ones that make you shine like a star amongst friends. Being a merchant isn't glamorous, but hard work for peanuts at times.
- Never role play the functions of shop assistants, managers and all that stuff that over complicates things.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

It would be awfully handy if vendors who can't be bothered with responding to people or any of the bothersome support stuff would just put a large sign on their store to that effect.  That would be the honest thing to do for their customers.

Yes it really would, but of course that will never happen.

In world shops from shop keepers who lost interest will vanish quickly if tier is no longer met, but marketplace stores can keep going like forever, as long as the merchant logs in every now and then (I think it is once every two years?)

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

Yes it really would, but of course that will never happen.

In world shops from shop keepers who lost interest will vanish quickly if tier is no longer met, but marketplace stores can keep going like forever, as long as the merchant logs in every now and then (I think it is once every two years?)

Yeah, that was sarcasm.  I don't in any way think that any would.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Thats annoying when people make you use discord.

Now i had to look in my notecards and i found a customer asking me to sell them something a month ago.

All i can say is creators are people with lives too who knows what is going on for them or if they even saw the notecard.

A merchant doesn't need to give 24/7 support, but responding within a few days\ a week should be normal IMHO.
I have that in my shop profile as well: I try to respond within 48 hours.
When I go on RL vacation or take a short break, I change that text in the shop policy accordingly, but also that I still will read my e-mails.

Merchants who lose interest in being one and don't want to do customer service anymore, should take down their products and really call it a day IMHO.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Do they have a CSR sign at their store?

I had one just a couple of days ago where I didn't even know they had a CSR until I went to their store. hehehe..

I had gotten a full fatpack, but it only gave me a Lara X version..

I went back to the event and seen only fatpack or megapacks and no redeliver there, so I knew it was messed up..

I went into their store and used their redeliver and it also showed me only buying a Lara X version..

I looked at my transaction history and seen  Full version..

Then went to contact them, but before I did I seen they had one of those CSR online or offline  signs.. It said online, So I clicked it and it said to IM them..

I sent all my information and even with them online, it still took until the next day to get my item.. But I got it at least..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Or worse ... the creators who don't even respond in second life and demand that you join their discord server to get any kind of help....  them they leave you hangin for a week before replying ... when we know darn well that someone .:CERBERUS:.

.:CERBERUS:. Would have replied in a second life group way before then . Even if it was just another customer who owned the product . Not buying from them anymore for sure .  Just sayin.

Ya, I don't do any business with  sellers that don't have a presence other than a weekend booth at an event..

If they can't have a base store either on the MP or in world, then as far as I'm concerned, they are a fly by night / hit N run business.

If  a seller can't do in world support while selling in world.. They fall under the same umbrella as far as I see it in my eyes.

Want to move everything outside but what is generating money, move your business there also ,ya grid leeches.

hehehehe

• Like 4

Peeve!  Windows freakin' updates.  So, after hitting update and restart, I get the black screen of death.  I'm not messing with all that stuff they suggest doing to fix it since I'm pretty much tech illiterate.  To top it off, major snowstorm today through tomorrow so I guess I'll be waiting until Monday to take the damn thing in to have it fixed.

$&$-%&$&#!

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

57 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve!  Windows freakin' updates.  So, after hitting update and restart, I get the black screen of death. 

Last time my new gaming/music notebook updated, it wanted to "update and restart" several times in a row. Very nervous-making!

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Last time my new gaming/music notebook updated, it wanted to "update and restart" several times in a row. Very nervous-making!

Yeah, I've had that happen a few times so I sort of expected the same today.  Stared at that black screen for quite awhile, too.  Then I tried ctrl alt delete to shut down which brought me back to Update and Restart.  Looped that a few times to no avail.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You want nervous making... my laptop did the big-brain move of automatically updating its BIOS on a 10% battery. I didn't even realize it was doing it, I had been working on it and turned it on (on battery) and walked away to make tea. Glanced over and saw it had decided this was the perfect time to update its BIOS and it's the slowest process... terrifying to watch, I was running looking for an AC adapter, diving behind the furniture trying to unplug one and thinking it's going to brick itself.

It made it but what the hell... I didn't think it would ever attempt that while running on battery with no AC adapter connected.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

All you have to do is put your settings so that IMs go to email -- and use an email that you will actually check regularly, at least daily.

All IMs in that case will go to the email, even if you don't get them all inworld.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, I've had that happen a few times so I sort of expected the same today.  Stared at that black screen for quite awhile, too.  Then I tried ctrl alt delete to shut down which brought me back to Update and Restart.  Looped that a few times to no avail.

Now I'm nervous.  The stupid little "you need to restart to finish updates" has been glaring at me for over a week now, but I've been putting off the reboot.  Now I want to put it off even more.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Headphone cables. I'm. So. Sick. Of. Replacing. Headphones and/or cables.

I swear I don't even headbang (that much).

aab.jpg

Peeve: just ordered my first "expensive" headphones (open-back for mixing). The sales engineer at the music company recommended them, but then suggested I wait until I try the cheaper closed-back recording headphones first. Their price: $599, Amazon: $317.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: just ordered my first "expensive" headphones (open-back for mixing). The sales engineer at the music company recommended them, but then suggested I wait until I try the cheaper closed-back recording headphones first. Their price: $599, Amazon: $317.

I got a pair of Sony MDR7506's maybe 2 years ago now. for clarity and playback nothing beats them and they are usually under a hundred bucks. Kinda old school looking but I like that-but definitely quality.

• Like 1