This morning I teleported to LeLutka Mainstore. First had to search it, could get straight in. A lot of people standing around.
Waited there a few to see where I could join their group.
Opened the right notecard, found the landmark for the gift location. Double clicked it, got straight in.
I Never saw so many naked bodies in one place in SL, grabbed the free head, and that was it.

Easy peasy. All in all less than 10 Minutes.

Peeve: Now comes the hard part. The abracadabra to try it, fit it, get it going, make a Sid out of it and learning all the technical terms involved.
Are there classes somewhere?  :D  
No, I didn't ask to get answers.

First, I let the head rest for a (long) while in my inventory, with all the demo heads I never tried so far.
It all looks so complicated and probably is. Ugh.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

This morning I teleported to LeLutka Mainstore. First had to search it, could get straight in. A lot of people standing around.
Waited there a few to see where I could join their group.
Opened the right notecard, found the landmark for the gift location. Double clicked it, got straight in.
I Never saw so many naked bodies in one place in SL, grabbed the free head, and that was it.

Easy peasy. All in all less than 10 Minutes.

Peeve: Now comes the hard part. The abracadabra to try it, fit it, get it going, make a Sid out of it and learning all the technical terms involved.

First, I let the head rest for a (long) while in my inventory, with all the demo heads I never tried so far.

Classes? pfft, trial and error.

FWIW though just 'add' the head and the appropriate alpha (probably "BOM Head & Body + Applier eyes" or whatever Lelutka call that combination, I can't remember the exact title).

Make sure to use a BOM skin and that's it. Lelutka HUD is pretty powerful but easy enough to just click around and discover the features.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Classes? pfft, trial and error.

FWIW though just 'add' the head and the appropriate alpha (probably "BOM Head & Body + Applier eyes" or whatever Lelutka call that combination, I can't remember the exact title).

Make sure to use a BOM skin and that's it. Lelutka HUD is pretty powerful but easy enough to just click around and discover the features.

Or wear NO alpha and use BOM eyes since that's old school.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Or wear NO alpha and use BOM eyes since that's old school.  

Doesn't that mean you can't adjust iris/pupil size in the HUD though? I forget how Lelutka handles that, it seems like you get options when using appliers though... BOM for me is useful for skins, socks and occasionally underwear but I like applier eyes and makeup, the latter because BOM layers don't have an opacity control like they should.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Doesn't that mean you can't adjust iris/pupil size in the HUD though? I forget how Lelutka handles that, it seems like you get options when using appliers though... BOM for me is useful for skins, socks and occasionally underwear but I like applier eyes and makeup, the latter because BOM layers don't have an opacity control like they should.

No, I use BOM eyes and can adjust the iris size using the hud.  the only thing I can't do is wear 2 different colored eyes.  

I used to use applier eye makeup but it can glitch with some hair.  The only applier I use on my head is lipstick.  Most of the eye makeup I buy now has opacity levels included.  100%, 60%, 25%.   Anything with an applier is susceptible to glitching with something or other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Now you need to go to all the other stores that have free male head skins and hair. (Seraphin has pictures of the gifts.) Once you find the perfect face skin, then buy the matching body skin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Now you need to go to all the other stores that have free male head skins and hair. (Seraphin has pictures of the gifts.) Once you find the perfect face skin, then buy the matching body skin.

First I have to do some thinks that I really like to do more, like mowing the lawn, fill the dishwasher, put out the trash, trim the hedges, wash the car, iron my shirts, empty the dishwasher, do the laundry,  mow the lawn again ..... :D

But more seriously, when I ever get to it to give it a go, I was hoping to drop the skin that I use now on the head, and done deal really.  I did that with the mesh body too, worked great.

Peeve: I think I should stay away from this stuff. Ugh.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

First I have to do some thinks that I really like to do more, like mowing the lawn, fill the dishwasher, put out the trash, trim the hedges, wash the car, iron my shirts, empty the dishwasher, do the laundry,  mow the lawn again ..... :D

But more seriously, when I ever get to it to give it a go, I was hoping to drop the skin that I use now on the head, and done deal really.  I did that with the mesh body too, worked great.

Peeve: I think I should stay away from this stuff. Ugh.

You have all month to get that other stuff.. hehehe

Let the crowds die down in a day or so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Peeeeeeve: I have been shaping and shopping since about 9am this morning (it's 6:40pm for reference now) and I've gotten as far as the outfit and eyebrows. THAT'S IT. The outfit and eyebrows! I've been stuck on hair for 2 hours!!!! It's all so dang CUTE. I can't choooose. I don't know what to DOOOO.

I still need nails and rings and accessories and piercings and jewelry and eyebawlz and and and...

@Scylla Rhiadra!!!!!!! You have GOT to see how cute dis boy is already and I'm nowhere near done!!!!11

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well?????

/me taps foot impatiently

As if I'd post him before he's 100% complete!!! Do you even know me? That was just a teaser, of course. 🤣

No no, we're getting there! Outfit and shoes done. Hair chosen. Eyewear chosen. Piercings set. We're now at the "dig through my formal wear/evening gown folder for the best sparkly jewels in my collection" stage. 👀 

giphy.gif

Peeve: My folders are kind of a mess. I never know what to do when gowns include jewelry. Keep them there, move them to my jewelry folder? AHH, such a mess. *digs faster*

You'll see him either later or tomorrow in the Your Avatar photo thread. Time depending on whether or not I pass out from shopping or nah. I'll tag you in it, regardless, lol.

Edit: I'll tag you, too, if you want @Mistress Morbid!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 5

Peeve - shape makers who don't view their shapes from every angle while making them, and sell shapes that look cute from the front, but bizarre when viewed from the side. Sometimes these sellers do know that their shapes are not great, because they include a video of the shape that just has the front view. I don't expect shape makers to provide demos due to the theft issue, but I appreciate those who provide a video that shows exactly what the shape looks like in world, from the front and sides.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mistress Morbid said:

I appreciate those who provide a video that shows exactly what the shape looks like in world, from the front and sides.

It's hard work making videos, I'd have to put my prices up at least 900 % if I did that, and then the shapes wouldn't sell, haha.

And those two sales a year are important to me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's hard work making videos, I'd have to put my prices up at least 900 % if I did that, and then the shapes wouldn't sell, haha.

And those two sales a year are important to me!

Peeve: People underestimate how much time and work goes into creating, packing, listing, photographing, customer service.  And that all for (most of the time) less than 1 USD per sold item.

And all those free and nearly free extravaganza everywhere around the holidays has its toll for merchants too.
I have 8 Days (and counting) in a row without a single sale at the moment on the marketplace because of the Shop & Hop, 12 days of Christmas, Advent calendars  and what not. 
Yay, a new Holiday record. Last Halloween was 6 days.

Yes, please request to jump trough even more hoops.
How about come and demonstrate stuff at you home for exclusive special sales?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3