2 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

Cant find the join group in the store.  Should be right there up front. 

Yes, frequent peeve.

In the case of looking for the group to receive a group gift a good solution is to right click edit the gift vendor/panel/object and see which group it is assigned to.

Works 99% of the time

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

I've complained to a major health chain about a prize draw that they're advertising on shop receipts.  What fun I thought it would be, but the URL they give prompts an immediate redirection to a 'Coming Soon' screen.  I did get a reply on the same day but all the lady had done was to say she didn't know of any technical problems and when she'd spoken to the Operations Team they told her to advise me to clear cookies.  In great detail!  I have of course replied giving them screenshots from three browsers (I even fired up Edge for them), and told them to check for themselves on a live system.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

Cant find the join group in the store.  Should be right there up front. 

Finding the group join sign in shops has always been problematic.  Especially during crowded events.  The last time I had to join a bunch of groups I found that it was easier to click on the profiles around me and look for the group there.  Most people don't bother to hide shopping groups in their profiles and if they're at the store, chances are they've joined the group.

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Finding the group join sign in shops has always been problematic.  Especially during crowded events.  The last time I had to join a bunch of groups I found that it was easier to click on the profiles around me and look for the group there.  Most people don't bother to hide shopping groups in their profiles and if they're at the store, chances are they've joined the group.

Another way is to click on the gift wall.. They'll usually tell you  that you need to be in the group to get the gifts, then most times put the group in chat..

Also, if I can't find it like that, I just click on the edit tools and get the profile from one of the vendors or something  that they own in the store.. I had to do that a few times last Christmas to find some of those groups..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  I was trying to buy a fatpack of shoes on sale at WeLoveRoleplay and though the fatpack was advertised and individual colors available for sale, the fatpack was not set for sale anywhere!

Often this is just an accidental thing with the merchant.  IM them and it usually gets fixed within a day.

I was in a store the other day to grab some demos.  One of the Demos had not actually been set to Sell or Give, so I IM'd the creator. It was an accidental miss - when she got online and fixed the issue, she sent me the demos so that I wouldn't have to make an extra trip back to the store just to grab those.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Often this is just an accidental thing with the merchant.  IM them and it usually gets fixed within a day.

I was in a store the other day to grab some demos.  One of the Demos had not actually been set to Sell or Give, so I IM'd the creator. It was an accidental miss - when she got online and fixed the issue, she sent me the demos so that I wouldn't have to make an extra trip back to the store just to grab those.

I had that happen at addon.. Only the demo was actually sunken into the surface it was sitting on.. I was still able to get to it from going inside the surface..

I also try and to a CTRL ALT T, because sometimes the hit box is smaller than the sign.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah normally it is just fixed quickly.

There was a store in like three consecutive weekend sales that had somehow made their items un-purchasable by putting a transparent prim in front of each item on the vendor board, the only way you could get to them was very careful camming 'behind' the item and carefully zooming in to find the clickable pixel to buy it though, it was extremely difficult and I doubt many people worked it out.

I IM'd the owner, sent a notecard etc explaining the issue but nope, never got a reply and the next two weeks things were the exact same. I notice they've not showed up in the same sale again though... I assume too many complaints.

I don't quite understand this since surely they must have noticed almost no product being sold but the way it kept happening just left me confused. Makes you wonder, weirdest thing to me is that it seemed like original mesh product so I would assume the creator was more involved but who knows, some SL stores have this vibe of being run by managers rather than creators and I suspect this is what was going on.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

Peeve: It is sale on Marketplace in the weekends now. So we must go inworld to see demos. I have run into the problem more that once: I have to hunt down where the demo is. In some cases, I have not found it.

For the love of sweet baby Jesus, set the demo next to the landing point, or a big sign there so I can teleport to the demo!

I landed in a store, waited until it had rezzed, looked at the walls to see a teleport to demo, found a teleport to demo area. I went through six rezzers in that building store, and could not find the building that was on the Marketplace. It is like they do not want me to spend money.

And while I talk about Marketplace, creators not bothering to inform about the land impact. I went to a store with potted plants and had to use area search to find them. Land impact is very important to me.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

And while I talk about Marketplace, creators not bothering to inform about the land impact. I went to a store with potted plants and had to use area search to find them. Land impact is very important to me.

Seems to me given the very tight prim allowance most people are working with that land impact is probably the #1 metric people are concerned about when it comes to decor, furniture etc. As you say sometimes it is entirely too hard to find out what it is though.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

Peeved: finished up a season of a series yesterday, and I was so sure I had downloaded the next season already that I didn't go to check. But nope, I hadn't. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

For the love of sweet baby Jesus, set the demo next to the landing point, or a big sign there so I can teleport to the demo!

Or upload a freakin Demo to the MP and link it to the full version.   

Some merchants truly do not think about the fact that they should make it easy for the customer to find things

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: The Forums were down for me for a long time, late last night / early this morning.

They've been wigging out on me today.. My forum avatar will get huge and the website will look like it's from back when sites were  all text links.. hehehe

it's like the whole background goes poof along with the forum software..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They've been wigging out on me today.. My forum avatar will get huge and the website will look like it's from back when sites were  all text links.. hehehe

it's like the whole background goes poof along with the forum software..

If it's doing what I think it's doing, refreshing the page usually takes care of it.

• Thanks 1