12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Here in Canada we'd been stocking up on chainsaws and canned goods too, just in case!

What am I supposed to do with a flamethrower NOW???

You can give them all to Maddie, especially if there are canned sausages...she can set fire to the can and then chainsaw it into pieces, as a scientific experiment to see if it's quicker than cooking them in an oven and then chopping them up 🔥

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

When your boss gives no warning about a meeting, just starts the video call in the group, and expects everyone to be there. He does this 90% of the time... but

If you have a stack of issues for him, that he needs to resolve, escalated issues, he takes 2 weeks to do them.. then wonders why customers are disputing their payment to him, because um, issues NOT resolved, of course they want their money back! Then they give him bad reviews and he tries to get them removed. Why be the clean up crew?? Do preventative maintenance!!

You work for Nautilus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Get a van, and a 1/4 ton of marshmallows and open a mobile while-u-wait toasted marshmallow delivery service.

Tastier and more marketable than toasted zombie, I guess?

6 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

You can give them all to Maddie, especially if there are canned sausages...she can set fire to the can and then chainsaw it into pieces, as a scientific experiment to see if it's quicker than cooking them in an oven and then chopping them up 🔥

The flamethrower is of course on loan from Maddie.

I'm holding on to it, though. I read on the internetz this morning that the US army is about to unleash a horde of xenomorphs, kept in isolation until now at Roswell.

ellen_ripley_h1.jpg

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Staying alive seems so hard sometimes, but there doesn't seem to be a good alternative. What it really ends up being is keeping up the regular maintenance vs. not keeping up the maintenance - just like with a car or a house. Stop taking care of your car, and you've still got a car, but now it might look crappy & not run very well. Same thing with our bodies and our lives.

If it were regular maintenance, I'd complain a little less. 

Although it's work,  don't mind regular maintenance. It's when the pieces and parts decide to throw a wrench in the works that's especially annoying. It's especially difficult in the US, but that's a whole different rant better kept for other places. Oh well.

I survived the day and that's all I can ask for. I will be grumpy and go find free stuff at hop & shop lmao. 

• Like 4

On 9/29/2023 at 3:05 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

And hardware shop, well that's a trip to Bunnings for a snag sanga (they have BBQs outside our biggest hardware chain, and serve sausage sandwiches, it's a bit of an institution).

I was just at the local Bunnings a couple of hours ago and the first thing I noticed when I drove into the undercover car park was the smell of sausages. I couldn't  help myself.  I had a sausage sandwich with fried onion and tomato sauce.......

• Like 4

Peeve: I'm analyzing what is left of SL for me as a whole at the moment.
Do I really want to stay a merchant and if not is SL worth bothering with for me?
It feels like SL is drifting away from me fast.
At the moment my SL in world enjoyment is totally gone.  :(

And now what?  Slower pace? A break? Quit?
Time will tell I guess.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Sad 7

10 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Do I really want to stay a merchant and if not is SL worth bothering with for me?

Take a break. My SL enjoyment tends to come in waves of a few months at a time, it starts to become more of a habit and I notice that and drift away for a few months, sometimes as much as six. I'm on the tail end of a wave right now, log in and realize I can't actually be bothered, log out.

It'll come back to me sometime next year, I think if you're feeling that way there's probably no way of changing it and the best thing is a little holiday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Time will tell I guess.

If you don't have an in world store, you could take a break and test out what it's like..

I take breaks all the time, then will just feel like jumping in and sometimes it's still bleh and other times something gets me back in and enjoying things..

Each time I come back, I always feel newbish and lost and forget more than I learned..

It's kind of refreshing though.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Time will tell I guess.

yeah I've taken breaks and come back enthused.

What's your priorities for being a merchant?  Learning new things, selling your stuff? Personally I always have to be learning new aspects, putting it together in new ways. Simply selling items I've 'manufactured' in the same way over and over would feel too much like working in a factory, and so boring, and would not provide motivation to do all the tasks needed to get stuff out for sale.

I'll see what happens.

My private land parcel's lease ends in two weeks, I will not renew.
IM's go to mail, and I will certainly maintain customer service if needed. I leave the MP shop as it is.
My premium runs until April next year. So no action needed for a while in that department. I marked the renewal date in my agenda, so I will not forget to terminate it, when I'm not active in SL again by that time.

It is not the first time this happens. I was on a longer break of a few months a few years ago already.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Bad spelling day today. :(
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

yeah I've taken breaks and come back enthused.

What's your priorities for being a merchant?  Learning new things, selling your stuff? Personally I always have to be learning new aspects, putting it together in new ways. Simply selling items I've 'manufactured' in the same way over and over would feel too much like working in a factory, and so boring, and would not provide motivation to do all the tasks needed to get stuff out for sale.

I have a complete lack of motivation to make or to put new products out. I have at least 20 new products in my inventory but why go through the hassle of putting it on the market place?
And the rest of my SL (apart from making things and selling them) is like an empty bucket.

Ah well, I still can come here and see what the peeves of the moment are. :)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4