10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm sure some do.. Some they even have to cut I guess.. all are built different.. My labor was never really long like some..

I had a friend that she was in labor for 26.5 hours.. Her husband was a wreck and she still had to have a C secti0on after all that time..

My oldest was over 11 pounds when he was born..Maybe it was because I didn't have anything to come out other than him..but he was the only thing that came out when I had him.. the other two were 10 and 10.5.. I still never had that happen to me.. hehehe

My point was, humans are born into stinky situations too!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

After being born in something super stinky like that, All I'd want is good smellin stuff from then on out too.. hehehe

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..don't human women often / usually defecate while giving birth..? 

Whether the female of any species defecates while giving birth, it's not the most fragrant of environments when you consider what is going on there. In the olden days - certainly in Britain - women had to go through the extra humiliating trauma of being given an enema by a midwife while in labour and about to give birth. They don't seem to do that now, nor do they shave the area any more. (Being hairy does not mean a person is unclean.)

Peeve: that our poo chutes are quite so close to our pleasure centres 😜 

• Thanks 1

Anyway...an actual peeve to shift away from the attention seeker

Sand in the clams!  Yes, I know that's where you find them but sheesh.  Nothing ruins a nice alfredo wIth clam sauce more than sand grit in your teeth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Pet peeve: having to remove a load of posts discussing a locked thread.   

Please don't.  It's against the forum guidelines:

Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Moderation decisions are made to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We understand that sometimes those decisions may not be the popular one, but we ask that you understand the moderation decisions are always made with the best of intentions for the community. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
  • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
  • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

Linden Lab Official:Forum Participation Guidelines

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Anyway...an actual peeve to shift away from the attention seeker

Sand in the clams!  Yes, I know that's where you find them but sheesh.  Nothing ruins a nice alfredo wIth clam sauce more than sand grit in your teeth.

I don't know where I expected this sentence to go, but I'm glad it landed in the food category.

Ya did that on purpose, Rowan!!!! 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In my experience, personal and other women I know:  NEVER

Interesting Google results then!

Peeve: Recalling I was always told, when my grandpa was born there was a baby and a turd, and the baby died. (Not making that up - my mom and aunts used to say it!)

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: that our poo chutes are quite so close to our pleasure centres 😜 

Yeats -- or at least, Crazy Jane -- argued that this was just an emblem of the "wholeness" of human experience; that spirit needed body, and body spirit.

Crazy Jane Talks with the Bishop

I met the Bishop on the road
And much said he and I.
`Those breasts are flat and fallen now
Those veins must soon be dry;
Live in a heavenly mansion,
Not in some foul sty.'

`Fair and foul are near of kin,
And fair needs foul,' I cried.
'My friends are gone, but that's a truth
Nor grave nor bed denied,
Learned in bodily lowliness
And in the heart's pride.

`A woman can be proud and stiff
When on love intent;
But Love has pitched his mansion in
The place of excrement;
For nothing can be sole or whole
That has not been rent.'

I'm not sure, however, that I'm not with you on that one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Recalling I was always told, when my grandpa was born there was a baby and a turd, and the baby died. (Not making that up - my mom and aunts used to say it!)

It's very common and they actually used to give enemas to avoid it.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's very common and they actually used to give enemas to avoid it.  

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I mentioned the enemas a little further up the thread, but also you reminded me about another thing that often happens when babies are born, they can go into distress if they inhale meconium (which is their own first poo). 

• Like 3