20 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Thanks for all the supportive words and tips!🤗 Oh well...today's peeve is I failed, with 2 serious faults and 5 minors...could kick myself over one of them, it was so silly 😫 Better book my next one and get more practice in...but first, a large G&T 🍸

I gave you the "Thanks!" reaction as a trophy! Better luck next time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Thanks for all the supportive words and tips!🤗 Oh well...today's peeve is I failed, with 2 serious faults and 5 minors...could kick myself over one of them, it was so silly 😫 Better book my next one and get more practice in...but first, a large G&T 🍸

This is totally okay. Lots of people fail their first test. Was this a written exam or actual driving?

Either way, the nerves can really get to ya. BUT, now you know exactly what to expect, so it's not going to be as stressful next time! *hugs*

51 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(I've never even tried to learn to drive. I can't handle the idea of trying to avoid killing people while manoeuvering a 1,500 kg block of steel, glass, and plastic around at high speeds. The very idea terrifies me, honestly.)

I like driving short distances, but certainly not long. I also don't seem to have any issues with the actual driving part, but we won't talk AT ALL about my parking. Me and parking lots do NOT mix.

Accurate...

06e7f5b0500d704ed7213b90b543fe7b.gif

Speaking of me and parking lots, I got sooo lost on a huge college campus once because all of the roads were one way and I could not for the life of me make it out to the highway. 😂  It was a giant maze and I just kept landing in one parking field after the next. OVER AN HOUR of this. Got out of class just after 8:00pm, finally made it out of the campus going on 9:30pm! Ughhhhhh! Only me LOL.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(I've never even tried to learn to drive. I can't handle the idea of trying to avoid killing people while manoeuvering a 1,500 kg block of steel, glass, and plastic around at high speeds. The very idea terrifies me, honestly.)

You need a Tesla for the ultimate in safety!

Tesla-Model-S-has-the-highest-safety-rat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Soz to hear you didn't pass the practical :( . I failed my first two times, almost hit a wall doing a three point turn through being too distracted and nervous while being watched by some bloke who was actually positioned on the wrong side of the road anyway (!). You will pass next time, but I'd advise not booking it for two months and then lose an earring on the day of the test. That settled my nerves, strangely.

Peeve: That I only have earl grey with which to clink your G & T glass, but cheers me dears.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Don't let it put you off from ever passing, I failed my driving test 9 times for all sorts of different things. didn't believe it when the examiner said i finally said i passed i thought they'd made a mistake

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wouldn't put an electric car anywhere near  my house.. hehehe

The fire departments aren't even sure how to put those fires out..

We have a cargo ship with almost 3000 new cars on board burning near our coast at the moment, with hundreds of them new electrical cars. Nobody has a real clue how to put the fire out.
All the officials know is, that it will be an ever huger environmental disaster if the vessel sinks with those cars onboard.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

48 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

We have a cargo ship with almost 3000 new cars on board burning near our coast at the moment, with hundreds of them new electrical cars. Nobody has a real clue how to put the fire out.
All the officials know is, that it will be an ever huger environmental disaster if the vessel sinks with those cars onboard.

Holy crap!

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wouldn't put an electric car anywhere near  my house.. hehehe

The fire departments aren't even sure how to put those fires out..

Apparently whatever is inside the batteries of these cars when it burns is an exothermic reaction, doesn't need oxygen to burn. The only way to put the fire out is to leave it until it burns out.

I hear insurance companies hate electric cars, if you have an accident and they have to store the car while sorting your claim wherever the car is stored there has to be a 10ft clear radius around it to avoid damaging other cars if the batteries explode and burn

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Apparently whatever is inside the batteries of these cars when it burns is an exothermic reaction, doesn't need oxygen to burn. The only way to put the fire out is to leave it until it burns out.

I hear insurance companies hate electric cars, if you have an accident and they have to store the car while sorting your claim wherever the car is stored there has to be a 10ft clear radius around it to avoid damaging other cars if the batteries explode and burn

I looked up that ship that was burning and seen they had another cargo ship burn up because of an electric car, in like 2022 that had like 4,000 cars on it..

Ya, I'm never getting one.. I'll go back to horses if they get rid of gas cars. I have plenty of horse power right outside..  hehehe

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Don't let it put you off from ever passing, I failed my driving test 9 times for all sorts of different things. didn't believe it when the examiner said i finally said i passed i thought they'd made a mistake

You are probably one of the best drivers out there as a result. Some of us have terrible nerves during tests but the rest of the time are super-efficient. I imagine you are that type of person.

The group of us who were all having driving lessons and taking tests when I was around 19/20 years old varied in ability and nerves. My friend, Christine, had absolutely no nerves whatsoever, but her mind would "drift" (and undoubtedly still does), and she failed her driving test three times. I laugh to myself even now when I think how I tried to console her and she said to me "It's not fair. You've passed your test and haven't even got a car. It should have been me who passed my test because I HAVE got a car." Funny logic she had (has). Ironically the worst crash her car was involved with was when she had parked it outside her house and someone lost their own concentration and veered into her parked empty car writing it off.

Another of our group passed their test first time, and three weeks later nearly wrote herself off along with her aunty's car just three weeks later. 

It's always going to be a mix of our abilities, the luck of the day, the mood of the examiner, our level of nerves, and whatever else the Power Bigger Than All of Us throws our way.

My own achilles heel was roundabouts and slip roads. We had a few notorious ones in my home town (ironically and wonderfully changed to having traffic lights, as turns out not only my achilles heel). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

You are probably one of the best drivers out there as a result. Some of us have terrible nerves during tests but the rest of the time are super-efficient. I imagine you are that type of person.

I wouldn't claim to be particularly great I still make mistakes here and there. Everyone I know thinks I'm brave driving into London getting to Greenwich should be easy to visit family, coming off the QE2 bridge I always panic take the wrong exit on the M25 get a bit lost

• Like 3

Mosquito season. I hate the little b@stards with a passion and I actively want to destroy them when I know they're nearby waiting to chow down on me.

Recently I was camped in the bathroom and noticed I had a bite. It was fresh so I knew it was somewhere nearby. Haha, found you hiding on the wall! *SMACK*

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I thought I was bad for failing twice before I passed my driving test. It's good to know I'm not alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I thought I was bad for failing twice before I passed my driving test. It's good to know I'm not alone.

Yeah, around here I think they routinely fail the kids the first time to make them a bit more careful.  Back in the day I passed but got marked down for "improper use of gears" and I was driving an automatic!!!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Peeve:  How fast some threads move while I'm working. 

Most of the time, I just don't have enough interest to read 6.5 pages of new stuff that has been posted since I went to bed last night -- and all of that in just one thread.

These are often the most fun threads to read though, imo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Peeve:  How fast some threads move while I'm working. 

Most of the time, I just don't have enough interest to read 6.5 pages of new stuff that has been posted since I went to bed last night -- and all of that in just one thread.

Don't feel bad. You aren't missing a whole lot. Maitreya Lara's getting updates - that's the most exciting news I've heard today.

• Like 3

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

What are they updating?

Peeve: Nobody really knowwwws! There's a speculation thread over in Your Avatar.

The only thing we know for sure is Velour is releasing their Picasso line for whatever "Lara X" will be. And supposedly updates will be free (I hope that's true!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What are they updating?

There is an update post on Maitreya's Flikr feed, but it's considered "Adult"

https://www.facebook.com/100004703829162/posts/2482366171930153/?app=fbl

I also just read someone's FB post saying it will be a free update for those who own the Maitreya body, even though it will be a major update. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Corrected link
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Argh!!  Everytime Maitreya updates Lara I end up feeling like a noob all over!

I know...I still can't get my tattoos to show up on the newest version, so went back to the previous.  I"m just hoping this even newer version will somehow make this problem easier and I won't have to read directions   :)

• Like 1