27 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But only one put to essay by our Lord and Master, George Orwell.

https://www.orwellfoundation.com/the-orwell-foundation/orwell/essays-and-other-works/a-nice-cup-of-tea/

Suutei tsai is salted, so perhaps? Although I reckon there aren't a whole lot of whales in Mongolia .. 

Dammit, now you got me craving salt tea.

23 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Toast bread, let it go stone cold and THEN add butter...much nicer, in my opinion! 

All this talk about coffee, tea, and toast, how about some desserts that combine them?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Listen listen...I like coffee in desserts, right? Follow me here...coffee...in desserts. Yum yum, right?

Desserts in mah coffee, tho...

giphy.gif

Now see, I'm the opposite.  I like various dessert flavored coffees, but I cannot stand coffee flavored desserts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

^^ This -- I just got a new desktop also.  I absolutely hate the process of getting a new PC set up and transferring stuff from old to new.

I just did all the updates, transferred some backups from Norton's cloud, installed the SL viewer, tested, and did some scripting in only a couple hours. I'm pretty pleased for <$1000 USD.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: Milk in tea. Man, I tried to like it, tried it a bunch of times, but I just don't get it.

The only way milk works in tea is when the tea is made very strong. I've had milk in black tea in England, and it's fine, though not how I'd make tea myself. I'm sensitive to caffeine, so for me it's either green tea or an herbal tea/ tisane.

- or Thai iced tea. 🧋 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Orwar toasts his over a burning Viking ship and butters it with an axe 🪓

All this talk of toast made me realise I hadn't eaten anything since noon, so I went and made some toast.

• One with butter and crayfish cheese, and a little black pepper on top.
  • One with butter and liver pudding, and a little black pepper on top.
  • And one with butter and smoked pork neck. No black pepper.

And, of course, a nice cup of Assam.

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LMAO!

I was going to tease him about tea, but I don't plan on getting strangled today.

Peeve: We can't see Orwar's expression when we mess with him. 😂

It'll be a little something like this: ";..;"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I just did all the updates, transferred some backups from Norton's cloud, installed the SL viewer, tested, and did some scripting in only a couple hours. I'm pretty pleased for <$1000 USD.

In addition to all the normal crap one might have to transfer over, I have almost 1 TB of video files (movies, TV shows, etc..).  

Just now, Orwar said:

All this talk of toast made me realise I hadn't eaten anything since noon, so I went and made some toast.

• One with butter and crayfish cheese, and a little black pepper on top.
  • One with butter and liver pudding, and a little black pepper on top.
  • And one with butter and smoked pork neck. No black pepper.

Woman's Uncontrollable Vomiting Was Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.

• Haha 5

On the discussion regarding coffee: When I can I sometimes do get some Bones coffee but have not been able to for a while. Last bit of that I had was a Christmas gift from my RL sister - it was one of the Nightmare Before Christmas themed ones - Boogie Mudslide I think.

Delicious!

I am peeved that I no longer have any left!

At least I still have some of the Top of the Morning brand coffee that my Mate bought me left! Golden Hour is the variety and it's from before the brand redesign. Also delicious!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The only way milk works in tea is when the tea is made very strong. I've had milk in black tea in England, and it's fine, though not how I'd make tea myself. I'm sensitive to caffeine, so for me it's either green tea or an herbal tea/ tisane.

- or Thai iced tea. 🧋 

The only adulteration I add to tea is hot water.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

On the discussion regarding coffee: When I can I sometimes do get some Bones coffee but have not been able to for a while. Last bit of that I had was a Christmas gift from my RL sister - it was one of the Nightmare Before Christmas themed ones - Boogie Mudslide I think.

Delicious!

I am peeved that I no longer have any left!

At least I still have some of the Top of the Morning brand coffee that my Mate bought me left! Golden Hour is the variety and it's from before the brand redesign. Also delicious!

Mudslide Boogie! That's the one! I'm dying to try that.

Is it as delicious as it sounds? My friend swears by it and has a bunch in his cabinet, but I just can't justify the price! $18 OMG!

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Mudslide Boogie! That's the one! I'm dying to try that.

Is it as delicious as it sounds? My friend swears by it and has a bunch in his cabinet, but I just can't justify the price! $18 OMG!

Oh it is. Depending on how you prepare it and what you add after will determine how rich the flavor actually is.

If all you have is a traditional coffee maker, brew as you would most of your coffee. If you take cream/creamer and sugar, use a small bit less of each. If desired you can cut the bitterness a bit by adding a pinch of salt either directly to the mug or to the basket before brewing.

Thanks to the pricing of it though, I'd use it sparingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh it is. Depending on how you prepare it and what you add after will determine how rich the flavor actually is.

If all you have is a traditional coffee maker, brew as you would most of your coffee. If you take cream/creamer and sugar, use a small bit less of each. If desired you can cut the bitterness a bit by adding a pinch of salt either directly to the mug or to the basket before brewing.

Thanks to the pricing of it though, I'd use it sparingly.

Thank you! I'll wait for a special occasion maybe. Or maybe a sale. I wonder if they do Black Friday, hmmmm...

32 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Thank you! I'll wait for a special occasion maybe. Or maybe a sale. I wonder if they do Black Friday, hmmmm...

Oh trust me, not a problem.

I had my last cup of the stuff using some flavored hot chocolate mix as a substitute for the powdered creamer and .... just yum!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ohhhh, now that sounds delicious!

Oh it was! I'd saved my dark chocolate one from a variety pack my sister also sent me for Christmas to use for just that occasion.

I'd used some of the others in a similar manner in my 'boring' Folgers (the custom roast from Sam's I am afraid) to great effect so .. yeah.

And to keep somewhat on topic, my peeve for this post? That right now I have to try and save money thanks to a bit of a looming housing issue ... otherwise i'd possibly get more Bones and some more of that flavored hot chocolate!

That or a bottle of Kahlua or Disaronno .... I could use a drink ....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh it was! I'd saved my dark chocolate one from a variety pack my sister also sent me for Christmas to use for just that occasion.

I'd used some of the others in a similar manner in my 'boring' Folgers (the custom roast from Sam's I am afraid) to great effect so .. yeah.

And to keep somewhat on topic, my peeve for this post? That right now I have to try and save money thanks to a bit of a looming housing issue ... otherwise i'd possibly get more Bones and some more of that flavored hot chocolate!

That or a bottle of Kahlua or Disaronno .... I could use a drink ....

Oof, I hear ya! I do not have the luxury of being able to spend that much on coffee at the moment, either.

Or chocolate truffles, for that matter. Been craving those, too. 😄

Biiiig peeves.