On 3/15/2023 at 8:46 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

@Garnet Psaltery I can see it fine on my Light theme.

Btw, @Linden Lab Here's my pet peeve of the decade: people keep asking me if I can redeliver stuff they purchased on MP. I always do, plus explain how they can do it themselves next time, so they don't have to wait for my reply. All this because they don't know the 'You purchaced this item on blabla' link leads to the redelivery button. So here's a little suggestion:

image.thumb.png.58045d8b4d301d956fae4a3ea086771d.png

Peeve: Not being able to give two or three separate reactions to posts because I genuinely laughed out loud at this one (it might have been because of the insanely funny unicorn picture, but I think it's the wonky "REDELIVER" sign, or the fact I can actually FEEL Arduenn's annoyance and frustration. 

And I want to click the "thanks" reaction button too. 

On 3/16/2023 at 12:49 AM, PermaRuthed said:

trying to go to sleep and my brain be like:

It's 2.24am where I am and this is exactly me right now! (You need to post this on the Make Us Laugh thread, it's flippin' hilarious - and long after I've stopped watching it I can still hear it.)

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 7:27 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pretty much all that's missing here is the pile of plundered jewelry and gold tooth fillings.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TRAUMA-Gas-Chamber/24596665

ETA and CW: The response of Love and Ayashe really underlines that I should have provided a caution about this link. My apologies for not doing so.

The images and information found there are likely to be disturbing and upsetting.

Looks like it's been removed from Marketplace. Link not working, and I'm actually grateful for that. (What goes through some people's heads though?)

Peeve: Some people's heads and what they use their imagination and modern technology for. Grrrhhh!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I have a tradition.  It's kinda sad and pathetic...but its what I do!!!

I ALWAYS FORGET MY REZDAY!!!!

AAAALLLLWWWWAAAYYYSSS!!!!!

So I wake up this afternoon (cos I don't do mornings), check my emails, and see a "Happy Rezday from SL" email.

Good thing I'm blonde and will forget all about that in no time!!!

Happy Rezday!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 8:13 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

And when clicking on the page number at the bottom of the page to go to the next page, it still dumps me AT THE BOTTOM OF THE NEXT PAGE when it is supposed to BE AT THE TOP.

Yet, if I click NEXT, it takes me straight to the top of the next page.

That is NOT how those buttons work. BOTH should take you to the top of the page just like every other forum out there for the past 40 years.

LL should switch to Zenforo. *nods sagely*

And we're back to both the page and next buttons dumping me at the BOTTOM of the next page as if I had already read those posts when I've never even seen the damn page!

🤬

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I ALWAYS FORGET MY REZDAY!!!!

AAAALLLLWWWWAAAYYYSSS!!!!!

I think I remembered my very first Rezday, but not any since -- for any of my accounts.

I don't really do birthdays in RL either.  I'm just overall bad at remembering dates for almost anything.  I have reminders set in my calendar to remember family birthdays & anniversaries & such.  It's not just because I'm old either - I've never been good at remembering those things.

• Like 2

Ok, this is almost the embodiment of what a peeve -- a minor but galling annoyance, if you like -- should be.

Seraphim has clearly decided to restrict its sellers to a single picture each on their event boards. Before, you might get two or even sometimes three pics, providing detail, different perspectives, etc. And each item for sale (assuming there weren't more than a two or three of them) would be presented in its own picture.

Now, however, sellers with two or three different items have to photograph (or collage) them in such a way that it all fits on to a single, small, square panel, with the result that in a lot of cases -- this is particularly true of large backdrops -- you really can no longer make out any detail or even, in some cases, what is actually being sold.

For me this is a peeve. For merchants, I suspect it's going to cost them some money.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, this is almost the embodiment of what a peeve -- a minor but galling annoyance, if you like -- should be.

Seraphim has clearly decided to restrict its sellers to a single picture each on their event boards. Before, you might get two or even sometimes three pics, providing detail, different perspectives, etc. And each item for sale (assuming there weren't more than a two or three of them) would be presented in its own picture.

Now, however, sellers with two or three different items have to photograph (or collage) them in such a way that it all fits on to a single, small, square panel, with the result that in a lot of cases -- this is particularly true of large backdrops -- you really can no longer make out any detail or even, in some cases, what is actually being sold.

For me this is a peeve. For merchants, I suspect it's going to cost them some money.

I notice there is way more that just use it for links to their own sites to show their adds than there used to be..

They could be doing it because they had an increase for those slots and the ones using them said, Oh you wanna raise prices on us for those slots that would have been empty anyways?yemi-alade-go-down.gif

hehehehe I like how the head bob works pretty good with the music..:D

ETA: Also, I'm just guessing of course.. But revolution is a good excuse for music.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

55 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ex-Seraphim employee here.  

1.  Seraphim doesn't have anything to do with how events set up their products.  That's on event owners to set booth sizing and prim limits etc, then the stores choose how to set them up.

2.  Photographing some booth setups for Seraphim would be a freaken nightmare due to scrambled booth setups by the vendors.  You can only do your best sometimes.

3.  Seraphim pays their bloggers per picture, and limits them to ONLY taking pics of the exclusive to the event product.  

4.  I once talked to a current blogger (she was at that time anyway) about why she only promoted one exclusive product and left off another exclusive, because when I worked there was had to promote ALL exclusive.  She told me that was her preference.

5.  Merchants and event owners do not pay for Seraphim coverage, so whilst it may cost in sales, cos if its not there, I won't go looking for it and therefore sale missed, they really do have no control over how Seraphim works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

1.  Seraphim doesn't have anything to do with how events set up their products.  That's on event owners to set booth sizing and prim limits etc, then the stores choose how to set them up.

2.  Photographing some booth setups for Seraphim would be a freaken nightmare due to scrambled booth setups by the vendors.  You can only do your best sometimes.

3.  Seraphim pays their bloggers per picture, and limits them to ONLY taking pics of the exclusive to the event product.  

4.  I once talked to a current blogger (she was at that time anyway) about why she only promoted one exclusive product and left off another exclusive, because when I worked there was had to promote ALL exclusive.  She told me that was her preference.

5.  Merchants and event owners do not pay for Seraphim coverage, so whilst it may cost in sales, cos if its not there, I won't go looking for it and therefore sale missed, they really do have no control over how Seraphim works.

Oh they pay the ones that set up booths for putting their images on the Seraphim site?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh they pay the ones that set up booths for putting their images on the Seraphim site?

Stores pay the event owners. 

Events/stores ONLY pay Seraphim for advertising on the side of the page, banners at the tops of sections, for being boosted/featured and maybe the new sections Mainstore/Sales etc.  They do not pay for standard blog feed coverage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I am sure all of this is true, Jordan. You clearly have much better insights into how the system works than I do.

All that I can do is repeat my observation: where it used to be that there might be multiple photos (at most, generally two) to provide more detail, or a better view, there now is only one. And, where a merchant used to often have individual pics for separate items, no merchant -- at least on three of the weekend sales pages -- now has more than one, with the result that the pic sometimes has to cram multiple items into a single view. In the case of some things (and I mentioned backdrops as a particular example), that means that it is sometimes difficult to discern even what is being sold.

I have no idea why this should now be the case, nor can I guarantee that it represents a permanent change. But what I've described is objectively true.

Here's an example from a store from which I have bought a great many things off Seraphim: I am very familiar with their ads. Previously, there would have been at least one separate pic for each of these two items.

https://gyazo.com/3363dd5316a3100f88b02a27351b2312

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am sure all of this is true, Jordan. You clearly have much better insights into how the system works than I do.

All that I can do is repeat my observation: where it used to be that there might be multiple photos (at most, generally two) to provide more detail, or a better view, there now is only one. And, where a merchant used to often have individual pics for separate items, no merchant -- at least on three of the weekend sales pages -- now has more than one, with the result that the pic sometimes has to cram multiple items into a single view. In the case of some things (and I mentioned backdrops as a particular example), that means that it is sometimes difficult to discern even what is being sold.

I have no idea why this should now be the case, nor can I guarantee that it represents a permanent change. But what I've described is objectively true.

Here's an example from a store from which I have bought a great many things off Seraphim: I am very familiar with their ads. Previously, there would have been at least one separate pic for each of these two items.

https://gyazo.com/3363dd5316a3100f88b02a27351b2312

I would guess it was the blogger's preference to do that.  Personally I would have taken two pics, one of each item showcasing it beautifully.

I would be peeved if I was that store owner and it does make me as a shopper less inclined to check that out.

• Like 2

Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

I would guess it was the blogger's preference to do that.  Personally I would have taken two pics, one of each item showcasing it beautifully.

I would be peeved if I was that store owner and it does make me as a shopper less inclined to check that out.

I have no idea! But I agree that it's not a good way to showcase items, and were I a merchant, I'd be concerned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have no idea! But I agree that it's not a good way to showcase items, and were I a merchant, I'd be concerned.

I will say, if a lot of people do what I do, Which is skim those adds.. Mainly because a lot of the things I have on speed dial as far as knowing if something is gonna fit or not by looking at it, or if this is gonna work on not..

If it doesn't jump out at me while I'm skimming, I'll go right by it.. So ya, the more open and less cluttered something is will be a big part of it standing out or not for me.. I know I'm not the only one that skims those adds .. there is so many of them to look through too.. hehehe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I will say, if a lot of people do what I do, Which is skim those adds.. Mainly because a lot of the things I have on speed dial as far as knowing if something is gonna fit or not by looking at it, or if this is gonna work on not..

If it doesn't jump out at me while I'm skimming, I'll go right by it.. So ya, the more open and less cluttered something is will be a big part of it standing out or not for me.. I know I'm not the only one that skims those adds .. there is so many of them to look through too.. hehehe

Very much this. Part of my Saturday morning ritual is sitting down with coffee and skimming through the Seraphim pages for the weekend sales. And, as you say, if something doesn't jump out, I don't bother going. There's just too much on sale to take a more thorough approach than that.

• Like 1

Quick peeve I didn't realize was still a thing.

Lipstick on skins.

My lovelies...please no. I wear partial lipstick on occasion (just the bottom lip). This ain't working for me. ❤️

Btw @Ceka Cianci! The HDPro skins at Moccino look so good, I'm almost willing to swap to their body line. It's close to the right shade, according to my mesh ears, lol. Just a litttttle less bright/glowy/dewy than what I've got now, but maybe I can fiddle with that. I might be able to make it work. 

I do want to pick up some of their Genus demos to see how they work on mah face. I've had luck with that in other stores.

Now to wait for another sale. 😄

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Quick peeve I didn't realize was still a thing.

Lipstick on skins.

My lovelies...please no. I wear partial lipstick on occasion (just the bottom lip). This ain't working for me. ❤️

Btw @Ceka Cianci! The HDPro skins at Moccino look so good, I'm almost willing to swap to their body line. It's close to the right shade, according to my mesh ears, lol. Just a litttttle less bright/glowy/dewy than what I've got now, but maybe I can fiddle with that. I might be able to make it work. 

I do want to pick up some of their Genus demos to see how they work on mah face. I've had luck with that in other stores.

Now to wait for another sale. 😄

I had to go feed the boys a bit ago, so My avatar has been standing in the same spot since earlier.. hehehe

I'll have to look at their line, although I thought they had some at the skin fair that I might have tried, but then again might have just zipped through those really quick..  That first day I just rushed through a lot of things..

I'm still really liking that Boatoam line.. it has me so torn on what ones to get and which bodies I want them for.. I'm hoping all 4 come with each tone.. that would make life so easy, but it's never easy.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
I'm about to give up on trying to fix my typoes and just let them fly. I even had to come back and fix one in my reason for my edit.. hehehehe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I had to go feed the boys a bit ago, so My avatar has been standing in the same spot since earlier.. hehehe

I'll have to look at their line, although I thought they had some at the skin fair that I might had tried, but then again might has just zipped through those really quick..  That first day I just rushed through a lot of things..

I'm still really liking that Boatoam line.. it has me so torn on what ones to get and which bodies I want them for.. I'm hoping all 4 come with each tone.. that would make life so easy, but it's never easy.. lol

The Boatoams are so confusing, I gave up. There's another peeve. Confusing body demos.

No but really. I *think* you get all 4 styles in one purchase, but only the Diamond 10 shade worked well on me. But that was the Guardian version, so I didn't really get to see what the basic version looked like. I mean, IS there a basic version in that shade, even? All of the other shade 10s looked soooo different. I just couldn't figure it out.

Skin shopping is such a pain I tell ya. This is why I stay pink (or green, or purple, or orange, or gray, or...)...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The Boatoams are so confusing, I gave up. There's another peeve. Confusing body demos.

No but really. I *think* you get all 4 styles in one purchase, but only the Diamond 10 shade worked well on me. But that was the Guardian version, so I didn't really get to see what the basic version looked like. I mean, IS there a basic version in that shade, even? All of the other shade 10s looked soooo different. I just couldn't figure it out.

Skin shopping is such a pain I tell ya. This is why I stay pink (or green, or purple, or orange, or gray, or...)...

Ya, I'm still confused on that setup.. They must have been up late at night one night and overthunk it.. You need code cracking skills for that system..  I'm gonna buy one in the lighter tone for Maitreya and see what all comes in them.. Although I never thought to look really close at the writing on each picture! \o/ DOH!

Did you read any of those posters? Because I know I didn't and I bet they confused us right past  looking there.. lol

Now I have to go back.. If there is writing on them I'm taking pictures of them all and put the pieces together .. I just know  that's what's gonna happen.. right there in front the whole time..:$

I hate these damn glasses!\o/

hehehehe

• Like 1