1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Caramel + salt without microplastics = probably better still! 

Micro plastics are in everything eatable these days even if you grow your own veggies in the backyard.
These tiny particles are everywhere in the air that we breath.   😨
So that possible tiny bit extra in sea salt.... 

Peeve: we can't escape from micro plastics.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: we can't escape from micro plastics.

They are like some soda or food advertisement, "Is it in you?"

Or, "The Stuff". Tagline, "Are you eating it, or is it eating you?" (Shown on some of the promotional posters, but not the one below.)

stuff.jpg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

SL Peeve 15: When someone uses rapid flashing stuff or fireworks on the screen that you can't turn off via the Particle setting. More then once I almost got seizures from that.

RL Peeve 15: Going into a store and seeing some lights in some parts flashing like mad, especially in a youth area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Funny enough, that cake has an entire recipe attached. The original link from Google goes to a grocery store's recipe & inspiration page. 🤢

To make it more offensive, the recipe calls for a pre-made frozen cheesecake. So, in essence, it's a recipe telling you to bust out a store-bought boxed cheesecake and load it up with caramel, popcorn, and pretzels. The only thing you actually make from scratch is the caramel sauce. Points for recommending butter, I suppose? 😩

I really only like Cheese cake in three different ways.. Either by itself, because cheese cake is just good and can do that, or with cherry topping or strawberry topping..

If I'm gonna cheat, it has to be one of those three ways.. I've tried other ways of having it and those three are just my favorite..

Oh and it has to be homemade Cheese cake with the homemade gram cracker crust. pretty much everything homemade.. I'll only make it and have it at gatherings too, because if it's sitting in the house I'm gonna cheat way too much.. Homemade Cheesecake is my kryptonite..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

I think caramel is brilliant. Crème caramel is one of my favourite desserts, the rich, creamy pudding enveloping the sharp sweetness of the caramel is lovely - and caramels themselves, excellent.

Yes!

But on a popcorn, on top of a cheesecake. Along with chocolate covered pretzels. It doesn't seem particularly .. Sophisticated. 

Caramel drizzled on cheesecake, yes! Chocolate covered pretzels, NO! Preztels are ok just more salt than I care for and don't need. Chocolate covered pretzels on cheesecake? Them's fightin' werds.

the-wizard-of-oz-wizard-of-oz.gif

34 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The only edible that peeves me when it's not good is chocolate.  It better be an amazing chocolate or it's just not worth the calories.

It's almost difficult to make chocolate go bad. You'd have to do something extraordinarily silly with it. Like adding butyric acid.

Oh, wait. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really only like Cheese cake in three different ways.. Either by itself, because cheese cake is just good and can do that, or with cherry topping or strawberry topping..

If I'm gonna cheat, it has to be one of those three ways.. I've tried other ways of having it and those three are just my favorite..

Oh and it has to be homemade Cheese cake with the homemade gram cracker crust. pretty much everything homemade.. I'll only make it and have it at gatherings too, because if it's sitting in the house I'm gonna cheat way too much.. Homemade Cheesecake is my kryptonite..

I've never actually had homemade cheesecake! There's another peeve. 😄

I have a bakery nearby that makes some really delicious varieties. I'll basically try any flavor, as long as it doesn't mess with the texture. A thin graham cracker or Oreo crust is fine, but if a bakery or restaurant starts getting into nuts, candy, sprinkles, sponge cake, etc., I don't want it. 😒

I also found a recipe last night for a Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake. Looks so amazing, but I'm still not 100% sold on the ganache layer on top. And I'm a chocolate fiend! But...texture! Add that to a regular cake, though, and I'd devour it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've never actually had homemade cheesecake! There's another peeve. 😄

It's so easy to make though. You just make the crust, mix the batter, and pop it in the oven (and no, doing a water bath isn't an arcane technique reserved for the professionals. All you need is water!). 

Go do. And bring back pics!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It's so easy to make though. You just make the crust, mix the batter, and pop it in the oven (and no, doing a water bath isn't an arcane technique reserved for the professionals. All you need is water!). 

Go do. And bring back pics!

Is it really that easy? I should try it one day. I'm fairly confident in my baking abilities (as long as I stick to the recipe and stop trying to mad scientist everything - we shall not talk about the Kahlua brownie incident), but I never attempted cheesecake!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is it really that easy? I should try it one day. I'm fairly confident in my baking abilities (as long as I stick to the recipe and stop trying to mad scientist everything - we shall not talk about the Kahlua brownie incident), but I never attempted cheesecake!

The fun of cooking is the mad scientist part though..  What I love doing is finding ways to make something that isn't so healthy and try to make it healthy, but try to make it as good or better tasting..

It's harder to do with a lot of the sweet things as much, but main dishes it's so much fun getting creative with those..

I'll just all of a sudden think of a dish and then have to get up and try it and be in my kitchen sometimes 8 hours or more working on one.. But it won't even feel like it's been that long at all..

I actually just got out of my kitchen just a little bit ago from working on a new pasta sauce which is omg sooo good.. hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Hey!  I like dark chocolate covered pretzels!

And my favorite cheesecake is a Jalapeno popper savory one with a Ritz cracker bottom that my husband makes.  He's the king of cheesecakes!

I would probably try something like that, because things like that can be a surprise taste in the good way.

I have to at the very least try something once.. hehehe

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Petronilla Whitfield said:

Yes, cheesecake is easy. Tip: leave the eggs and cream cheese out of the fridge [if you keep eggs there] overnight so that they come up to room temperature. Cold eggs in cheesecake can make cracks in the top when the cake cools.

This is such a great tip. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The fun of cooking is the mad scientist part though..  What I love doing is finding ways to make something that isn't so healthy and try to make it healthy, but try to make it as good or better tasting..

It's harder to do with a lot of the sweet things as much, but main dishes it's so much fun getting creative with those..

I'll just all of a sudden think of a dish and then have to get up and try it and be in my kitchen sometimes 8 hours or more working on one.. But it won't even feel like it's been that long at all..

I actually just got out of my kitchen just a little bit ago from working on a new pasta sauce which is omg sooo good.. hehehe

Agree! That works great for cooking, but baking is a whole other thing. Too much science, as I've learned the very hard way. VERY hard...as in, my brownies could've propped up a broken table. 😄

I'm also an absolute disaster in the kitchen (also a peeve...it's so bad), so limiting myself to easy appliances like ovens is much safer than letting me get anywhere near actual fire (gas stoves, BBQs, etc...yeah, none of that!). 

h9hkqikcha751.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Agree! That works great for cooking, but baking is a whole other thing. Too much science, as I've learned the very hard way. VERY hard...as in, my brownies could've propped up a broken table. 😄

I had a classmate who claimed to be the 'master of molten lava cake'. Then he made one, and it was like trying to cut into a tractor tyre. He claimed he 'preferred them that way'. I'm at a loss to what happened to the 'molten' part though - and, I honestly don't think that I could reproduce that texture with what's usually on the ingredient list; it was beyond any explanation found within the realm of science.

But even the Swedish molten lava cake, which is famously one of the first things you learn to bake in school due to its simplicity, is a complex beast in comparison to cheesecake. The only real 'trick' to it is the aforementioned use of room-temperature ingredients (makes mixing easier as well as helps minimise cracking).

Then there's the whole 'getting the ratio right' part which seems to be where most people fail. I've been served cheesecakes with thick enough bottom crusts that the whole thing ends up feeling dry in your mouth. If someone can manage the feat of producing a dry cheesecake, I wouldn't trust them to pour a glass of water in fear of them repeating their science-defying accomplishment. 

But you'll do fine! And then you'll bring us pictures. Nods.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is such a great tip. Thank you!

I'm also an absolute disaster in the kitchen (also a peeve...it's so bad), so limiting myself to easy appliances like ovens is much safer than letting me get anywhere near actual fire (gas stoves, BBQs, etc...yeah, none of that!). 

h9hkqikcha751.gif

Baking you can get really creative too and have really good results.. If you don't do a lot of baking it can seem like a struggle, but it's like anything really if you do it enough, Plus loving to do it I think helps with results as well..

If I'm just making something for me, I won't really be as into it as I am when I'm making something for my family or for a gathering.. I love making things for others and just waiting for them to try it and see how they react.. hehehehe

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I had a classmate who claimed to be the 'master of molten lava cake'. Then he made one, and it was like trying to cut into a tractor tyre. He claimed he 'preferred them that way'. I'm at a loss to what happened to the 'molten' part though - and, I honestly don't think that I could reproduce that texture with what's usually on the ingredient list; it was beyond any explanation found within the realm of science.

Oh gosh. 😂 "That's how I like it!" Classic.

But seriously, now those things look difficult. No way would I attempt them.

26 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Then there's the whole 'getting the ratio right' part which seems to be where most people fail. I've been served cheesecakes with thick enough bottom crusts that the whole thing ends up feeling dry in your mouth. If someone can manage the feat of producing a dry cheesecake, I wouldn't trust them to pour a glass of water in fear of them repeating their science-defying accomplishment. 

Omg, dry cheesecake would be a whole different class of peeve. That cake must've been half crust. Actually, this kind of thing is why I feel like YouTube's a far better teacher in the kitchen than written recipes (in my case, at least). I'm terrible with numbers in general, but show me the steps and what things look like as you go and I'll be able to replicate it.

34 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But you'll do fine! And then you'll bring us pictures. Nods.

You don't actually think my RL photography skills are even remotely on par with my SL ones, I hope. I would take the most unappetizing photos. I know what goes into good food photography!!! I've watched food photographers do their thing. Ain't nobody got time for that! 😄

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Baking you can get really creative too and have really good results.. If you don't do a lot of baking it can seem like a struggle, but it's like anything really if you do it enough, Plus loving to do it I think helps with results as well..

If I'm just making something for me, I won't really be as into it as I am when I'm making something for my family or for a gathering.. I love making things for others and just waiting for them to try it and see how they react.. hehehehe

True! I love cooking for others, but don't love doing it for myself! Years ago, I thought I'd be slick and just date a chef to get around having to do that, until I learned they don't like cooking at home either! Big peeve (though understandable). And the one person I met who DID love to cook took it so seriously, he'd have a heart attack if I even thought about going near his precious fondue set. The number of times I was walked out of the kitchen by my shoulders, omg. Like someone who tried to sneak into the VIP lounge at the club and got caught. 🤣

So I have a tradition.  It's kinda sad and pathetic...but its what I do!!!

I ALWAYS FORGET MY REZDAY!!!!

AAAALLLLWWWWAAAYYYSSS!!!!!

So I wake up this afternoon (cos I don't do mornings), check my emails, and see a "Happy Rezday from SL" email.

Good thing I'm blonde and will forget all about that in no time!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm so guilty of this.. I am really good with faces and then can remember someones name, but if someone say's a name or I only see a name, I'm like a deer stuck in headlights trying to remember..

In SL if someone IM's me and I don't recognize them, I have to do a log search of their name and a quick read of our last conversation.. hehehe

If there isn't one, then I'll just have to ask where I know them from..

I'm so bad with remembering names..:$

I have to admit, I am really bad at remembering people to....like when someone IMs me that I haven't spoken to in YEARS with the whole "Hey Jordan, long time....how you been?"!!!  I check their profile and when there is no spark of recognition, they get the response...

"Are you the guy that wanted to passionately hug at the tentacle fornication sim whilst surrounded by guys dressed up as Disney characters singing "Pump it" by Icy Blu???"

Is this why no-one talks to me?

But in my defense...one of the guys who "didn't remember me" sent me a message A MONTH ago, I responded and no reply.  He sent me THE SAME MESSAGE AGAIN YESTERDAY! 

Another is STILL ON MY FRIEND'S LIST!!!!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I have a tradition.  It's kinda sad and pathetic...but its what I do!!!

I ALWAYS FORGET MY REZDAY!!!!

AAAALLLLWWWWAAAYYYSSS!!!!!

So I wake up this afternoon (cos I don't do mornings), check my emails, and see a "Happy Rezday from SL" email.

Good thing I'm blonde and will forget all about that in no time!!!

Oh, so you're serving cake today? .. Or cheesecake, perhaps?