On 1/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, Orwar said:

I also liked it when 'how does your avatar look today' wasn't about 'these are the reasons I approve or disapprove with your look today after projecting my political dogma all over it like a seasick toddler'. 

Or "look at me being all artsy fartsy and posting it here instead of the section for photography where one would think I should be posting it."

twitching-smile.gif.0eaa6b58d56097af92dad1e9f214f74d.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Or "look at me being all artsy fartsy and posting it here instead of the section for photography where one would think I should be posting it."

twitching-smile.gif.0eaa6b58d56097af92dad1e9f214f74d.gif

Peeve, the artsyfartsies: But is it art, without interpretation by a docent? "The b00bs are a symbol of power in a virtual society where s3x is currency", etc.

ETA: The above is meant as satire, and not intended to represent valid interpretation by a Docent.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fun fact, that's how our eyes work! Only the center of our field of vision is actually in focus. 

I'm gonna hate the day my kids learn this and comprehend it, because they think I have eyes in the back of my head right now and it's Wonderful! \o/

• Like 2

ACTUAL MAJOR SL PEEVE: "Unable to save, Service Unreachable."

I found out shortly after that no, my script change had NOT been saved/uploaded - the previous version was in my object (same SL session).

Luckily, I had just  backed up the new version to my PC..

This is a pretty new error for me.  My internet is good.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I found out shortly after that no, my script change had NOT been saved/uploaded - the previous version was in my object (same SL session).

Luckily, I had just  backed up the new version to my PC..

And you weren't scripting in an external editor?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

And you weren't scripting in an external editor?

Nope, I like to live dangerously! 

I'm aware of the manifold advantages of using an external editor.  But, I'm resistant to change.  If/when I do switch, it will mostly be so I can READ the code editor better.

I literally save my scripts in Notepad on my PC after I am done with a revision, then backup to the cloud using Norton 360.

ETA: Yes, if this happens more frequently - I will switch due to using an external editor this issue.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

Which one? Field depth blur? 

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Fun fact, that's how our eyes work! Only the center of our field of vision is actually in focus. 

No, I'm talking about the entire picture having a blur effect, almost like the camera was moving sideways across it or someone painted the pic and then swiped a brush across sideways.  Note sure if I can explain it better and can't post an example without calling someone out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No, I'm talking about the entire picture having a blur effect, almost like the camera was moving sideways across it or someone painted the pic and then swiped a brush across sideways.

c852e43fa80673da6b208720fe02ea05.png

Like that?

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not quite.  I'll PM you a link

image.jpeg.f65de0d4576188378930c2f4ab7bc773.jpeg

I've actually removed some people I've followed for years on Flickr because they've started doing every single dang picture on the slant.  Totally sideways is now a thing, too.  

• Like 3

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I've actually removed some people I've followed for years on Flickr because they've started doing every single dang picture on the slant.  Totally sideways is now a thing, too.  

Yeah - I just scroll right on past those types in the picture thread.  An occasional slight angle is okay, but when 90% or more of someone's pics are angled, regardless of how much angled, I don't follow the person and pretty much ignore all their pictures posted in the forums.

• Like 2

I'm sure this is a personal problem, but it annoys the crap out of me how difficult it is to make your face the way you want it today. I mean it's always been hit or miss, but now you have to fight the idiosyncrasies of whatever mesh head you're wearing as well.

Apparently, I'll be looking like garbage for The Duration. 🤬🤬💢👿

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Han Held said:

I'm sure this is a personal problem, but it annoys the crap out of me how difficult it is to make your face the way you want it today. I mean it's always been hit or miss, but now you have to fight the idiosyncrasies of whatever mesh head you're wearing as well.

Apparently, I'll be looking like garbage for The Duration. 🤬🤬💢👿

Fwiw I haven't posted any of my attempts yet -I've been fighting this for a couple of days and I'm bouncing between using a 7 deadly skins shape I hate or wearing some messed up abomination of my own editing. 🤢🤮🤮

So no photos until I have things sorted out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A good amount of spirited discussion today on the Forums!

Peeve: Why can't every day be like that?

(The usual suspect will be along to explain how it's my fault.)

Probably because it is now seen as leading to posting out of anger and such ...

Oh no ... that response didn't set off my irritation whatsoever ...

• Like 1