19 hours ago, Orwar said:

Whilst not visually terrifying in reality, I'm quite fascinated by the Alien-inspiring maws of the moray eel.

f02_341.jpg

Got itself a little pair of jaws to spring forth and bite you with whilst biting you!

I had to go and look at that to get a better understanding.. I was thinking how that worked, because  I was thinking something like Alien and had in my mind something shooting out of their mouth.. I've seen them attack but never seen that.. then seen how it works and was like, DOH!!

It's still creepy wild inside or out.. hehehe

• Like 1

Why oh why do some continue to go back and forth on topics wherein the correct answer and approach had already been given, while at least one person responding is pretending to be presenting a 'valid' point that is so obviously invalidinvalid...

Listen to the explanations given , sit down and knock it off already. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Why oh why do some continue to go back and forth on topics wherein the correct answer and approach had already been given, while at least one person responding is pretending to be presenting a 'valid' point that is so obviously invalidinvalid...

Listen to the explanations given , sit down and knock it off already. 

But in MY country or in MY version of English or in MY dictionary X means Y!!1!!1

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

People.

Sometimes I wish I could just delete my entire friend's list and be able to be online in peace.

I did 2 weeks ago.  91 deleted, kept 3 and now making new ones.

According to contact cards a little bit more than 1500 deleted over a period of ~11 years, which is ok.. something like making 2-3 friends per week.

44 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

What I do is ignore them and then after a few days, if they ping again, say: oh gee I was afk 😂

I even use an auto-response that basically says that.  Something along the lines of:  If I don't respond right away, I am likely AFK or possibly super focused on something

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When people tp into my parcel and say "hihi!!", of course I am busy scripting.  I usually panic and tp away. (OMG!!1!! Peoples!!)

Maybe I should just set an "auto-response message", assuming those work when I really am not "away"?

Have it say something like mine, which says "AFK or super focused".  I have found that random people showing up really do leave if they get no response after a while, so I simply ignore them if I'm doing something or not in the mood to be chatty.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have it say something like mine, which says "AFK or super focused".  I have found that random people showing up really do leave if they get no response after a while, so I simply ignore them if I'm doing something or not in the mood to be chatty.

I can attest to this. I once IMed Lil and she IGNORED ME.

/me sobs quietly.

At least, I think I did. I sort of remember doing so once. Maybe.

Either way, it's a good story.

*sob*

• Haha 3

And then there are the ones that put out a table of wrapped gifts, with a sign that says 'DOLLARBIES' and the price of each is L$15 - L$25.  

Sorry folks, but that is NOT a 'dollarbie'.  A 'dollarbie' is L$1, period.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7