24 minutes ago, SeattleChris said:

Say... did you ever go to sleep thinking you'd bought real estate on Sesame Street, but somehow woke up on Wisteria Lane?

Yeah, when I shack up with Cookie Moster, I don't want to walk in and find Oscar the grouch.

I should probably know the Wisteria Lane reference, but I don't.   Peeved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yeah, when I shack up with Cookie Moster, I don't want to walk in and find Oscar the grouch.

I should probably know the Wisteria Lane reference, but I don't.   Peeved.

Desperate Housewives. A show I admit to liking probably more than I should, but then what the heck. I liked it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Aha!
This was my sole understanding of the symbols origins until the south asian version surfaced.
Given that this may be a design I *might use for my pendants.... 🤔 (think symbols of world cultures used for good),
I gravitate to the American Indian peoples use of same.
Although I would need to feel satisfied that the sale of such an item provide some benefit to these peoples and its use,
(by me), is actually approved.
That would be just wonderful.   

As I said, it was just a guess where Germany had gotten it from.. From what I've read in the past, they really seemed to have been inspired in a few ways from not only the language, but the treatment and placement of the indigenous in America.

I see that symbol for us more as just another connection we have to the east more than anything..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Peeve 02: People who confuse SL with Meta's LL (Legless Life).  Few weeks ago in our bar we had a band play and they also played in SL too. We had SL on a couple of the bar's big screen TVs and some thought it was Yucker's virtual thing.  Our daughter indicated to the people it was Second Life and the toons have legs!

• Thanks 3

People who, even after being in SL for years, still have yet to grasp the concept of public and private property in regards to mainland.  No matter which alt they're posting on (or which topic, to be honest), they go off on some obscure rant that has no basis in reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am so terrible at picking out alts.  I just assume each account is it's own person or character to be safe.

I might be a bit peeved if an alt was created for the sole purpose of being  mean to others like a throw away alt.

I know others are pretty good at catching on to alts by their word phrasing or blind support from unknown accounts.  I just never seem to catch it myself.  I am equally bad at guessing real life gender most of the time, but I do try to guess (in my own head.  Never publicly)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am so terrible at picking out alts.  I just assume each account is it's own person or character to be safe.

I might be a bit peeved if an alt was created for the sole purpose of being  mean to others like a throw away alt.

I know others are pretty good at catching on to alts by their word phrasing or blind support from unknown accounts.  I just never seem to catch it myself.  I am equally bad at guessing real life gender most of the time, but I do try to guess (in my own head.  Never publicly)

With some, it really isn't hard at all and not even something I actively try to do.  But , it's clearly obvious unless you possess no people skills whatsoever.  I really don't care either.  It's more an  amusing observation that most of them think they're fooling people.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

With some, it really isn't hard at all and not even something I actively try to do.  But , it's clearly obvious unless you possess no people skills whatsoever.  I really don't care either.  It's more an  amusing observation that most of them think they're fooling people.

I only have mid range people skills 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It seems to me, like some Alts are used more so they can "turn off their filter completely".  Whether mean, or..umm...challenged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And spiders. The ones with big squishy looking bodies.

I quite like wolf spiders.

They are great to have around.. They get aggressive on the bad ones.  I don't know if they are the same as grass spiders, because we get a lot of those too.. But only the bad ones get the shoe in our house..

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 3:09 PM, Brightstar7777 said:

Lithium Ion battery packs that inflate like balloons and pop your slimline laptop PC at the seams.

Oh geeze....please don't try to "fix" this with gaffers' tape. A bulged battery should NOT, repeat NOT be used or charged. IT CAN CATCH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!! And if it does, it burns VERY hot and can't be put out with ordinary fire extinguishers. Take that potential bomb and store it somewhere away from your house and car and nowhere near anything that'll burn -- a nice little laptop size bunker made from concrete blocks, say.

But you don't need to replace the entire laptop (probably). See if you can buy a replacement battery, and then buy it, and check YouTube for videos on how to open the machine up and replace it. Or if you don't feel like doing that, take it to a PC repair place and let them do it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh geeze....please don't try to "fix" this with gaffers' tape. A bulged battery should NOT, repeat NOT be used or charged. IT CAN CATCH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!! And if it does, it burns VERY hot and can't be put out with ordinary fire extinguishers. Take that potential bomb and store it somewhere away from your house and car and nowhere near anything that'll burn -- a nice little laptop size bunker made from concrete blocks, say.

But you don't need to replace the entire laptop (probably). See if you can buy a replacement battery, and then buy it, and check YouTube for videos on how to open the machine up and replace it. Or if you don't feel like doing that, take it to a PC repair place and let them do it.

^ This is why I had my battery replaced before I had my keyboard replaced. If I couldn't afford to fix everything, I at least didn't want my laptop to catch fire.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

Peeve:   When I forget what my peeve was,  because I had 4 pages of peeves to catch up on,  read them all and forgot my original reason for coming to the peeve thread....

Related peeve: So many notifications that some will certainly be missed. FOMO!

• Like 1