18 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Peeving in pain with swollen face.  First time I've ever had a negative reaction to dental procedures...And I've had three wisdom teeth out!

But my main peeve - not gonna be getting my traditional lemon bday cheesecake cos small town, no cheesecake shop and they don't deliver.  

giphy (2).gif

What about a plain cheesecake with a lemon curd or marmalade dripped over it?

Better yet make your own lemon cheesecake.

I modified this recipe from The Medieval Kitchen and ended up with a nice orange cheesecake. Use lemon juice concentrate blended into a custard base. The acid in orange or lemon juice curdles the milk and turns it into a soft cheese consistency. Takes a bit of baking to cook and firm it up though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
recipe links
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What about a plain cheesecake with a lemon curd or marmalade dripped over it?

Better yet make your own lemon cheesecake.

I modified this recipe from The Medieval Kitchen and ended up with a nice orange cheesecake. Use lemon juice concentrate blended into a custard base. The acid in orange or lemon juice curdles the milk and turns it into a soft cheese consistency. Takes a bit of baking to cook and firm it up though.

My husband is a great cheesecake maker.  They aren't nearly as difficult as people think.  He's even made a few savory cheesecakes that are simply heavenly.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If I made cheesecake, I may never stop again.. Cherry or strawberry cheesecake is my weakness..

While everyone is going, Oh Pie!! I'm sneaking over and getting into the cheesecake, b'cuzz hell with pie when cheesecake is there!! \o/

Cheesecake is pie though, and Boston Cream Pie is actually cake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Cheesecake is pie though, and Boston Cream Pie is actually cake.

Then it's the ninja of pies which makes it even more awesome.  Because they always seem to put the regular everybody know they're pies, pies together and then way over by itself,  blending into it's surroundings will be the cheesecake..

ETA: Ok i did some research and it's considered a tart, because of not having a baked crust on top.

I don't really care what it is, as long as it's there on the table somewhere.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Being in such a weird headspace that this is my peeve:

I had a terrible night's sleep.  That puts me right on track for being my normal grumpy self.

Today was my monthly bill paying day.  That's always a sure bet for a foul mood.

It is cold and raining today.  I generally like rain, but this is too gloomy today.

The leaves are fluttering past my window.  I like fall (I live in the middle of touristy New England fall landscapes). I'm not ready for summer to be ending.

AND   Right! Ready for some pithy, slightly sarcastic observations here! Ready to be misanthropic!

Well, crud! I'm in a wonderful mood! Dial me into stupid for having had some good news and none of the above can knock me back to my normal cranky self! PEEVED :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Being in such a weird headspace that this is my peeve:

I had a terrible night's sleep.  That puts me right on track for being my normal grumpy self.

Today was my monthly bill paying day.  That's always a sure bet for a foul mood.

It is cold and raining today.  I generally like rain, but this is too gloomy today.

The leaves are fluttering past my window.  I like fall (I live in the middle of touristy New England fall landscapes). I'm not ready for summer to be ending.

AND   Right! Ready for some pithy, slightly sarcastic observations here! Ready to be misanthropic!

Well, crud! I'm in a wonderful mood! Dial me into stupid for having had some good news and none of the above can knock me back to my normal cranky self! PEEVED :)

Hey, if I can get away with posting anti-peeves, anyone can. Glad you're having a good day :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Chicago pizza - is it cake of pie?

image.jpeg.7b18282eeb7e98569ab3f79d4fa803db.jpeg

With Chicago pizza it depends since there are a few styles.. That's either a deep dish pizza, which doesn't have a crust over the top, or if that all that stuff is sitting on the top crust, it would be a stuffed, which would be a pizza pie. hehehe

it's hard to tell them apart until you dive in.. hehehe

• Like 1