3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

OK. I had no idea of what you were referring. I have been staying away from a lot of news lately due to mental health protection (so why am I in the forums??? good question, good question... because I'm nuts?). So of course I googled.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! omg... thigh slap...

Well. I do not want to veer off into verboten land but... "Fetterman, who has mostly kept out of the public eye after he suffered a stroke in May and just last week returned to the campaign trail, was quick to retweet the video Monday, saying: "In PA we call this a… veggie tray." (As he holds up a plastic container of cut veggies in the supermarket.)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! omg. Some things you just can't make up!

Four Seasons Landscaping, famous for it's press conference, has announced on Twitter that they are running down to Wegner's (the grocery store at which the Learned Doctor filmed his crudités video) to pick up some veggies platters for Dr. Oz's conference there.

$6.99 each -- if you want the one with salsa.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Solution: Go to one of the empty ones, and start sending out messages to everyone and all your groups. "OMG, you gotta see this place!!!!"

Of course, eventually it will become one of the full ones, but somewhere in the process, you'll have your middle ground.

I would, but ever since I pranked them and led them to some really gross places, nobody follows my landmarks anymore. Apparently even the most gullible of people eventually learn.

• Haha 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Four Seasons Landscaping

giggle-giggling.gif

Peeve: I can't stop myself from flying into hysterics every single time someone mentions that company name. I remember when Yelp had to lock down that business page, even.

In fact, if you Google the business now, the presser photo is the first one that shows up in the Google business card. That company must be making a ton these days. It's famous!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Solution: Go to one of the empty ones, and start sending out messages to everyone and all your groups. "OMG, you gotta see this place!!!!"

Of course, eventually it will become one of the full ones, but somewhere in the process, you'll have your middle ground.

Isn't there a logic leap here? This assumes he knows people and/or has friends to send LMs too...

/me looks innocent and angelic, per usual

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: I can't stop myself from flying into hysterics every single time someone mentions that company name. I remember when Yelp had to lock down that business page, even.

In fact, if you Google the business now, the presser photo is the first one that shows up in the Google business card. That company must be making a ton these days. It's famous!

They have the BEST Twitter account.  👌 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I see the Official Forum Curse I applied is working. Excellllllllllllllllllllent....

New washing machine ordered (couldn't get replacement part)...So sending you the bill SINCE YOU CURSED ME.

And now peeved cos car failed the warrant and it took me many calls to track down the part it needs, and had to order that too.  BLAMING YOU FOR THIS TOO!!!

Ah the joys of moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere lol

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Sad 3

I know how to use the picture taking thingamajig in the viewer. I can take my own photos. I don't know how you hit my name when we're not even in the same sim. OMG stop spamming me with your flickr portfolios.

Nobody wants to have real conversations anymore, but when they do it's always some sort of solicitation.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

OK. I had no idea of what you were referring. I have been staying away from a lot of news lately due to mental health protection (so why am I in the forums??? good question, good question... because I'm nuts?). So of course I googled.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! omg... thigh slap...

Well. I do not want to veer off into verboten land but... "Fetterman, who has mostly kept out of the public eye after he suffered a stroke in May and just last week returned to the campaign trail, was quick to retweet the video Monday, saying: "In PA we call this a… veggie tray." (As he holds up a plastic container of cut veggies in the supermarket.)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! omg. Some things you just can't make up!

Rather..crude of him.

9 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I know how to use the picture taking thingamajig in the viewer. I can take my own photos. I don't know how you hit my name when we're not even in the same sim. OMG stop spamming me with your flickr portfolios.

Nobody wants to have real conversations anymore, but when they do it's always some sort of solicitation.

* Holds sign, "WILL ARGUE FOR $LINDENS" *

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Creating one post on Facebook as "Public" privacy (so everyone could see my beautiful pie), but forgetting to change it back to "Friends" privacy for subsequent posts.  Then, needing to go back and edit a week's worth of posts. Because rando's comment "Hi how are you" on your post and you notice.

Back when I used FB, this annoyed me so much.  I finally got myself into the habit of just making the post as normal and then after it was posted, changing that one post to Public.  Then it did not get set as default.

Another reason to hate FB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Back when I used FB, this annoyed me so much.  I finally got myself into the habit of just making the post as normal and then after it was posted, changing that one post to Public.  Then it did not get set as default.

Another reason to hate FB.

I'll do that in the future, thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:54 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Been there, done that. Never knew how heavy water-logged carpet was until the clean-up, even cut into small rolls.

Yeah, it flooded roughly 8 yrs or so ago, much worse than this time (a foot or so or water).  Had carpeting in one room at that time, but some sort of tile or something everywhere else.  We never completed the fixing of everything after that flood, so this time there was no flooring or baseboards or even drywall on the lower foot of the walls.  And we had very few things actually on the floor.

• Sad 3

On 8/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, Seicher Rae said:

Way past a peeve and need to randomly vent to the Universe:
I just had a serious conversation with a person I care deeply about, but it is long distance and so my options are slim to none. This person has been a chain smoker for a very long time. There's no way they are gonna even try to quit. I understand that. Habits are hard. However, they also are refusing to get a very simple CT scan (non-invasive, gold-standard, insurance covered) screening. This is all kinds of stupid. And I'm helpless. I said all the things about "if not for you, for me? please?" I trotted out caring, logic, snippets from appropriate articles and crying my eyes out. Not a budge. They won't. Every day I listen to them cough.

I have a friend like this.  I sometimes wonder if she will truly hack up a lung or die during her coughing fits when we are talking on the phone.

It was actually a scan that gave me my cancer scare that finally got me to quit smoking roughly 15 yrs ago.  The initial scan showed 'something' in the lungs, so I had to have a more detailed scan.  Doctor basically said "Given your smoking history (started when I was 10 yrs old), it is 50/50 chance of either nothing or small cell lung cancer".  It scared me to death and I haven't touched a cigarette since that day -- even though it turned out to not be cancer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:37 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me sniffles a little

Is this also a good time to point out (again) that I've never been asked to partner or marry in SL????

/me sniffles more loudly

I have a male alt that would happily pay the fee if it were to keep you from using up all the tissues
I mean keep you from being an old maid
I mean give you some happiness to have a partner

(yeah, that is what I was wanting to say)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I'm kind of annoyed by the stupid "leaderboard" thing in these forums. Basically because it points out how much time I waste avoiding adulting. It actually affected how/how much I posted today, as kind of a wake up call thing. The board of shame, as it were. Of course, posting this will only add to my score. Yay.  But I wish they'd get rid of that and the point system. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yay.  But I wish they'd get rid of that and the point system. 

I'm not sure that people even care about that. I forgot it was even a thing until you mentioned it.  A points system for posting on a forum means nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1