Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

June bugs are my ultimate nightmare bug. Everything about them.

My Room 101 would be attaching a box full of them to my face. "I'LL SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT! I'LL DENOUNCE MY MOTHER! FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST TAKE THESE AWAY!!!!!"

They are large and you can actually feel them if they fly in to you -- and the way they crunch under your feet.  Makes me cringe just thinking about them.  I am sooooooooo glad we don't have them here in Colorado.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I guess those aren't even spiders.. They don't have fangs and only two eyes..

But yea, when they get on you and you don't know it until they touch skin.. that can make me jump out of my skin for sure..  hehehe

Most spiders I just let live because they kill the bad ones too.. But the cluses and widows feel the wrath of my special flat bottom sneakers i have set up around the house where most sightings happen..

Then bleach the area with extreme prejudice..

Hate the deadly and bodily harm ones sooo bad.

oh God, those brown recluses and black widows are horrid. Any bites where they say to seek medical attention and mention that death is rare, well, I don't want them in my house!  Have you seen the skin necrosis the recluses cause where chunks of skin and flesh are missing? I'd post a photo but it might be too graphic.

I have lots of spider traps out that catch them, and I find them in strange places like dead in coffee mugs at the back of a cabinets. I know they sometimes get in clothes and I should shake mine out better.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My Room 101 would be attaching a box full of them to my face. "I'LL SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT! I'LL DENOUNCE MY MOTHER! FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST TAKE THESE AWAY!!!!!"

They are large and you can actually feel them if they fly in to you -- and the way they crunch under your feet.  Makes me cringe just thinking about them.  I am sooooooooo glad we don't have them here in Colorado.

You people.

Mac has four bug zappers hanging his cavernous garage. June bugs are too big for the zappers to vaporize, so they spiral to the ground with their wings on fire, reminiscent of old Movietone newsreels of WWII.

Last week, his vent fan pinned a moth to the intake grill that would have been a match for the hummingbirds that routinely get lured into his skylights. He has a jug of hummingbird nectar and a "rescue dish" he puts the exhausted birds in once they drift down from the ceiling. We watch their tiny tongues lap up the calories, see the life come back into them, and watch them dart off.

Nature puts on quite a show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have lots of spider traps out that catch them, and I find them in strange places like dead in coffee mugs at the back of a cabinets.

Dad once gave me a little crockery jar labeled "Dead Flies", to keep things in. Years later, one of my colleagues spotted the jar in my office and opened it.

"Jesus Maddy, this jar is full of dead flies!"

I really gotta wonder about some people.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I removed it to the intersection near our house, but it jumped out of the plastic cup before scurrying away across the street.

I lived in a houseful of pagan women, honoring nature and all, and I was supposed to let a spider stay in the corner of the shower. Finally someone took pity on me and captured it in a cup to find a place for it outside. I'm sure that would have been one of your tasks there too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

collecting one slap in the middle of your visor at highway speeds on a motorcycle is, I can tell you, absolutely no fun at all. You really feel the impact and the monstrous smear in the center of your vision mandates an immediate and careful  escape onto the shoulder where you can clean off the remains.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

collecting one slap in the middle of your visor at highway speeds on a motorcycle is, I can tell you, absolutely no fun at all. You really feel the impact and the monstrous smear in the center of your vision mandates an immediate and careful  escape onto the shoulder where you can clean off the remains.

Combing those little rascals out of your ponytail is no fun either. The aerodynamics of that still baffles me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Combing those little rascals out of your ponytail is no fun either.

And if they happen to be the ONE bug that your gf is completely phobic about, having to pin her down and quickly comb it out for her while she's freaking out severely enough to potentially injure herself ranks as a traumatic experience even if the bug itself doesn't bother you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

And if they happen to be the ONE bug that your gf is completely phobic about, having to pin her down and quickly comb it out for her while she's freaking out severely enough to potentially injure herself ranks as a traumatic experience even if the bug itself doesn't bother you.

I AM THAT GF.

(Well, OK, not specifically THAT gf, but you get it.)

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I AM THAT GF.

(Well, OK, not specifically THAT gf, but you get it.)

I do indeed. The fact that we were both martial artists ( in the same classes, but I was a couple of belts ahead of her at the time) and all her trained responses were kicking in to the point I actually had to lean on pressure points to stop her doing me  a mischief while I sorted the problem really made me feel like sh*t. Once it was all done and dusted she thanked me (after she stopped hyperventilating) but actually getting it done felt a little too close to domestic violence for my comfort.

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
typos, as usual
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@Scylla Rhiadra and @Madelaine McMasters - Yeah, in hindsight it's hilarious and I'm laughing as hard at the memory as you are at the post. But at the time all I could think was "I love her, I don't want to hurt her, but this thing has to be gone. NOW." And with my hands busy attending to that I couldn't defend myself. Try it any other way and the moment I put my hands on her she'd have slapped me silly and kicked me in the fork so hard I'd have been wearing my balls as a hat.

Get the bug gone by any means necessary then drag her into the shower and wash her hair for her - because she wouldn't touch it until I had.

I think that last part did the most to calm her down because at the time we both had very long hair - my braid was long enough for me to sit on - and, for us, washing and brushing out each others hair was one of those little non-sexual intimacies that so many couples have. It put her head in a "safe space."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I lived in a houseful of pagan women, honoring nature and all, and I was supposed to let a spider stay in the corner of the shower. Finally someone took pity on me and captured it in a cup to find a place for it outside. I'm sure that would have been one of your tasks there too.

I don't consider myself especially brave, but I can deal with spiders and deal rodents when others freak out. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

oh God, those brown recluses and black widows are horrid. Any bites where they say to seek medical attention and mention that death is rare, well, I don't want them in my house!  Have you seen the skin necrosis the recluses cause where chunks of skin and flesh are missing? I'd post a photo but it might be too graphic.

I have lots of spider traps out that catch them, and I find them in strange places like dead in coffee mugs at the back of a cabinets. I know they sometimes get in clothes and I should shake mine out better.

I don't even like to say their name the whole way..

I got really bad phobia looking up on them to see how to get rid of them years ago.. I start to read you post but had to stop.. I will trigger cluse phobia again..

I mean I had it really bad especially when I was pregnant with my first baby.. There is nesting and there there is what I was doing which was, never feeling things were clean enough.. I would constantly reclean cabinets up top and below.. Wash walls all the time and vacuuming every inch of the house and every noock and cranny  at 2am.

shake beds down every day and always washing sheets and pillow cases..  Always pounding the hell out of shoes and boots before putting them on..

I remember tearing apart a desk on time because one ran under it and could not find it..  My husband was pissed about that for sure.. it  took me a good bit to get it apart.. but when he came home it was out front tore apart in the yard..

It was too big anyways.. hehehe

I have every speck memorized throughout the whole house.. If something is new Ican spot it out across the room and nothing else matters in the world.. I get one of my shoes and go see what it is..

I know exactly  what they are capable of..

I have to stop talking about this..  Didn't we just talk about this like last month too?  hehehehe

omg I'm getting the Jeebeez!!

Ya, I know them way too well hehehehe

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Agreed! 👍 It's wasps that freak me out...

My husband had to stay away from a job site one time for a few days.

A guardian Red Wasp stung him one time.. Every time he would go back, as soon as he start to walk away from the truck he would start getting stung..

That guardian Red Wasp tagged him with their pheromone, so he had to wait for it to wear off before he could go back because he was targeted by the nest..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My husband had to stay away from a job site one time for a few days.

A guardian Red Wasp stung him one time.. Every time he would go back, as soon as he start to walk away from the truck he would start getting stung..

That guardian Red Wasp tagged him with their pheromone, so he had to wait for it to wear off before he could go back because he was targeted by the nest..

Yes, they act like a gang, and can recognise individuals 😬 I like bees but I'd be happy to see wasps made extinct, as I can't think of one useful purpose or contribution they make to the eco system? :S

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Yes, they act like a gang, and can recognise individuals 😬 I like bees but I'd be happy to see wasps made extinct, as I can't think of one useful purpose or contribution they make to the eco system? :S

The murder wasps or whatever they are called are the ones need to really be put down.. They wear out bee population..

Wasps probably are some sort of population control.. We would probably be over run with bee's if they weren't around, I'm guessing..

But those really Big Murder Wasps can kill you pretty easy from what I hear and  just wreak havoc on bees way too hard.

• Like 2

1) Paying more than $0L for a demo.

2) People who call this shirt size Maitreya "Flat"...

YUyd0C5.png

What a joke.

3) People who have no understanding of variation in human bodies. Those who refuse to understand what flat means. Flat chest means NO bewbies. No degree of hanging meatsacks off the chest. No curves. No curvatures. None. At. All.  Stop insisting on curvatures on a female flat chest, and stop perpetuate the idea of a certain female standard you disgusting obstinate bull-headed misogynists!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It was too hot for June bugs here this year, only saw a very few. Usually, they make a mess in the pool with their corpses.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, CatfishChef said:

1) Paying more than $0L for a demo.

2) People who call this shirt size Maitreya "Flat"...

YUyd0C5.png

What a joke.

3) People who have no understanding of variation in human bodies. Those who refuse to understand what flat means. Flat chest means NO bewbies. No degree of hanging meatsacks off the chest. No curves. No curvatures. None. At. All.  Stop insisting on curvatures on a female flat chest, and stop perpetuate the idea of a certain female standard you disgusting obstinate bull-headed misogynists!

I think I’m more annoyed with the bulge in the back which prevent you from even trying to pair the top with a jacket, blazer, open sweater or whatever. I know some creators foresee this and  set a separate face for the back that allows you to make it transparent. Not very many. Then you have the no-mod “artists” who act like they invented the colors red, blue, green, yellow, black and white….

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

They actually eat other bugs that can become problematic, for example June bugs but also insects that can attack crops. They are actually really important in a healthy ecosystem 🐝

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1