How to report sex ag* play

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I was at a store in sl and was dissapointed to see this happening. I looked at the profile of the female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen and it stated  "despite looking short, I am 18 years old.". Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?  They weren't talking in open chat.

Anyone know what you need to do to report this? I guess pictures and any text exchanges? Is that enough? Not sure what to do in cases like this and I've been seeing it more lately. 

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Yesterday I was at a store in sl and was dissapointed to see this happening. I looked at the profile of the female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen and it stated  "despite looking short, I am 18 years old.". Is that enough to protect this person from being reported by me or warned by LL?  They weren't talking in open chat.

Anyone know what you need to do to report this? I guess pictures and any text exchanges? Is that enough? Not sure what to do in cases like this and I've been seeing it more lately. 

I would AR it anyway, especially if you have pics of them "in the act". Even if you couldn't see what they were saying in IM, the Governance team can look at the chatlogs and make their decision accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think it would be more a matter of whether the avatar actually looks like a child, rather than just a height thing.

Ingrid did say this...

20 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

female avatar that looked pre-teen or young teen

• Like 1

My alt account is very short and has no breasts. She isn't a child or teen she's transgender. Like a femboy but I use her to dress up and visit moderate or General sims to take pictures. If you catch someone in the act, then you should report no doubt, but my alt looks short because in RL I am about the same height and look the same way she does. I'm going to show some pictures of my alt. She has no top because she had top surgery that nonbinary people like myself plan to get. I feel uncomfortable with breasts but i like using her to dress up. 

Snapshot_011.jpg

Snapshot_010.jpg

Edited by xxVi3perxx
added info.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

While trying to find an androgynous male shape/body I looked at all the teen and child avatars thinking i might make it 5ft + tall , fatten them up a bit and i'd obviously be using an adult head .

Its not an option , they can't be made tall enough so you probably seen a maitreya avatar who's shape slider tells them they are over 5ft tall which seems kinda average for a rl woman to me . Your idea of childish is likely his/her idea of cute .

My entire SL took place in the adult zones only and i never came across ***** while people wanting to be called mommy or daddy by sexual partners is so common its normal .

Who doesn't wish they were younger ?

Edited by cunomar

46 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Perhaps include the names of the offending avatars in your AR?

Edit: Not HERE, I meant in your "Report".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I have a Lelutka Kaya head, which looks young right out of the box. Other than the apparent activity in an inappropriate place, it seems like a stretch to further criminalize them for the simple act of looking young.

There's a difference between young and teen or pre teen. And I'm not criminalizing anyone, as someone else pointed out, that is up to an ll employee, and it's their TOS 

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

There's a difference between young and teen or pre teen. And I'm not criminalizing anyone, as someone else pointed out, that is up to an ll employee, and it's their TOS 

Looking pre-teen is speculative. I had classmates in junior high who were 14 and sporting full beards. Ariana Grande is 29 but could still easily pass for 15 based on wardrobe and make up. I'm willing to bet a lifetime of $L that they've been swamped with reports of underage sex play over the years that turned out to be completely false. The fact that the appearance concerned you is reasonably good enough to file a report, but bringing it here serves no apparent purpose but to fan the flames of speculation. The SL forums are quickly turning into Facebook.  Toodles!

Just now, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Looking pre-teen is speculative. I had classmates in junior high who were 14 and sporting full beards. 

I understand that bringing it up would ruffle the feathers of a few people given what goes on in sl but I felt it was important to ask anyway.

As I pointed out, I don't make the rules. And I don't see the appeal of sl for someone who doesn't agree with them frankly. 

20 minutes ago, cunomar said:

While trying to find an androgynous male shape/body I looked at all the teen and child avatars thinking i might make it 5ft + tall , fatten them up a bit and i'd obviously be using an adult head .

Its not an option , they can't be made tall enough so you probably seen a maitreya avatar who's shape slider tells them they are over 5ft tall which seems kinda average for a rl woman to me . Your idea of childish is likely his/her idea of cute .

My entire SL took place in the adult zones only and i never came across ***** while people wanting to be called mommy or daddy by sexual partners is so common its normal .

Who doesn't wish they were younger ?

I hate to disappoint but my best friend in RL is actually 4ft 11 and I'm like 5ft - 5ft 2. We are both short LOL. As for D/S that's a different thing. I don't wish i was younger (Even though my RL body is like falling apart). This is virtual not real life in anyway, but some people like to put their RL out into virtual when creating avatars. 

• Like 1

Report if you think it is needed.
And then it is up to the Lab.
It is as simple as that, we can discuss it from here to the moon and back for the x-tiest time, but in the end it is up to the Lab.
They rule our world, upcoming elections or not.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Shrugs , i'm over 6ft in rl and my avatar was always based on rl me for connection while escapism had me crossdressing just for fun  .

Connection is lost to me so it doesn't really matter any more but still i'm a guy and i don't pretend to be anything else , boredom had me experimenting and my flat chest maitreya now lives forgotten in my inventory because its not me .

26 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I understand that bringing it up would ruffle the feathers of a few people given what goes on in sl but I felt it was important to ask anyway.

As I pointed out, I don't make the rules. And I don't see the appeal of sl for someone who doesn't agree with them frankly. 

They weren't doing anything except shopping?  What a.g.e..p.l.a.y. was going on?   Looking young and stating in your profile that you are 18+ doesn't constitute that offense although I do notice quite a few use that in their profile when they are in an adult venue.  Shopping?  Not really reportable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I don't post too much but I'm a bit surprised at some of the strong reactions here. I asked a question about reporting something that is against the TOS, which presumably everyone is aware of. 

Because we're leery of the digital equivalent of cop-calling Karens. If you're in a shop, someone else is, and you're both minding your business and trying on demos, just keep on keepin' on. Someone not meeting your particular aesthetic guidelines isn't grounds to report. If there's more to the story, then there's more to the story - and probably more appropriate for your AR.

• Thanks 1

Ok, hold the phone for just a hot second here. There is not a lot of context here. Other then OP saying they were in "a store" and "looked at a profile" of a short looking female avatar... What am i missing? Oh yeah, context.. What store was it? Was the avatar doing the pixel boom boom, was is dressed in a provocatieve manner?

Before you do anything you should know for a fact any of the previously mentioned things happened. A young/short looking avatar where it's owner claims to be 18 or over gives you nothing to go by. I have a friend who has a short avatar and is 20+ RL, her reasoning is that SL avatars on average are way too tall, and she's right. You could not report her based on just that.

This is not to say i'm defending underage pixel boom boom or pixel boom boom with animals. Funny enough this forum censors the word for that but you can find a lot of just that inworld and on MP... So LL, what's the deal with that? Hm?

Just make sure you have tangible facts before you do anything. If you bumped into a short avatar in a respectable clothing store, read the profile and saw the user behind it claims to be 18 does not give you the moral right to try and have (unfair) action taken on that account. In my opinion you're treading on thin ice with that one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Just make sure you have tangible facts before you do anything. If you bumped into a short avatar in a respectable clothing store, read the profile and saw the user behind it claims to be 18 does not give you the moral right to try and have (unfair) action taken on that account. In my opinion you're treading on thin ice with that one.

Just here to say I can relate to this. Most of my female avis (including myself) are fairly short. We top off at about 5.5 feet or less on average. I can hardly reach most steering wheels or handle bars lol, that's the price I pay for being short!

I rarely go around trying to look like a teen, though I have a few looks that might pass as a teenager with the Kaya head + Heaux Dreamy body shape.

• Like 2

I'm assuming they were using adult furniture in the shop? Because that's pretty much the only thing that would be AR'able. Even if they're saying adult stuff in local chat, they've stated in their profile that they're not roleplaying as a child and are 18+ IRL. There is nothing in the ToS to state that you need to speak in a manner in keeping with your avatar appearance, or we wouldn't have any talking cats.

(And if they're stupid enough to get jiggy in shops they've probably been reported multiple times already.)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Ok, hold the phone for just a hot second here. There is not a lot of context here. Other then OP saying they were in "a store" and "looked at a profile" of a short looking female avatar... What am i missing? Oh yeah, context.. What store was it? Was the avatar doing the pixel boom boom, was is dressed in a provocatieve manner?

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Like I said the avatar looked like a pre teen or teen, I'll spare everyone the details of what they were doing.

The implication seems to be that what they were doing would be against TOS if said avatar is meant to be a representation of a pre-teen or young teen.  Sharing the exact details of the incident or the location at which it occurred probably isn't necessary.

I think the OP is simply asking how to report such incidents, rather than asking for opinions on whether any rules were actually violated (after all that's for LL to decide, not us).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.