If y not a bot

Teomi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. For the first time in 9 years of my stay in the second life, at one location my live main avatar (not a bot) received an exile from such * Anti bot security orb*. Has anyone experienced similar injustice? What does it mean? How can I prove that I'm not a bot?

image.png.39acd956a47cb59b5631e18a9b490d47.png

https://gyazo.com/5d7e002025357feaf0cef250ff80bb1f

Edited by Teomi

That's a ridiculous message. The owner of that orb has bought something that probably claims things it can't actually do.

You could IM the parcel owner, but it's not likely they'll take your word...after all, their wonderful security system has identified you as a "malicious bot".

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You could IM the parcel owner, but it's not likely they'll take your word...after all, their wonderful security system has identified you as a "malicious bot".

Yes you are right. The conversation with the owner of the location is exactly the same as with their security orb. In addition, after this conversation, I got the impression that this location collects data of your device that you do not know, possibly confidential - isn't that a breach of privacy?  It looks like their locations live them and your device and not people...

Fragments of a conversation with the location owner who identified me as a bot:
[2022/08/28 20:39:39] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): HI. I FLEW TO YOUR EVENT. BUT YOUR ORB GOT ME OUT. HE WROTE THAT I AM A BOT. WHY?
[2022/08/28 20:41:11 owner: We have to check it. It happens when you behave like a bot or you have bot software in any way loaded
[2022/08/28 20:45:54] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): I don't understand what you are talking about. already on the appearance on your land I was immediately kicked out. I don't have any programs. it's so embarrassing. I participate in all events. my viewer is the latest version
[2022/08/28 20:48:14] owner: Well, *** is the first bot and stalker free area. We are different. We pay a lot attention to all security aspects. More than what any other SIM place does. Sorry, again the team behind the *** will check it.
[2022/08/28 20:49:59] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): im not bot or stalker, my avi is main avi .
[2022/08/28 20:50:18] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): but now in not want come in your place
[2022/08/28 20:52:48] owner: This might be true, but again, the security is analyzing the data you stream to our place. And if anything is harmful, virus, malware etc, you will get kicked.
[2022/08/28 20:58:46] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): I first encountered such statements that I don’t know who I am or I am a virus or a bot. this is very offensive.. i've been here for 9 years and never have a problem other than your land. be happy there with your orbs. I was very offended
[2022/08/28 21:00:24] owner: Again is ***is different. We are THE ONLY PLACE IN SL WHO CARE FOR THE SECURITY AND OF ITS MEMBERS. 
[2022/08/28 21:07:31] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): I just want to know why you call me a bot. This is a very offensive and false statement. Perhaps I should thank you that you protected your land from me, a living inhabitant of the sl!?
[2022/08/28 21:12:57]owner: One more time, YOUR VIEWER, YOUR PC, LAPTOP IS SENDING HARMFUL DATA. It's not about the human behind it. 

Edited by Teomi

7 minutes ago, Teomi said:

Yes you are right. The conversation with the owner of the location is exactly the same as with their security orb. In addition, after this conversation, I got the impression that this location collects data of your device that you do not know, possibly confidential - isn't that a breach of privacy?  It looks like their locations live them and your device and not people...

Fragments of a conversation with the location owner who identified me as a bot:
[2022/08/28 20:39:39] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): HI. I FLEW TO YOUR EVENT. BUT YOUR ORB GOT ME OUT. HE WROTE THAT I AM A BOT. WHY?
[2022/08/28 20:41:11 owner: We have to check it. It happens when you behave like a bot or you have bot software in any way loaded
[2022/08/28 20:45:54] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): I don't understand what you are talking about. already on the appearance on your land I was immediately kicked out. I don't have any programs. it's so embarrassing. I participate in all events. my viewer is the latest version
[2022/08/28 20:48:14] owner: Well, *** is the first bot and stalker free area. We are different. We pay a lot attention to all security aspects. More than what any other SIM place does. Sorry, again the team behind the *** will check it.
[2022/08/28 20:49:59] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): im not bot or stalker, my avi is main avi .
[2022/08/28 20:50:18] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): but now in not want come in your place
[2022/08/28 20:52:48] owner: This might be true, but again, the security is analyzing the data you stream to our place. And if anything is harmful, virus, malware etc, you will get kicked.
[2022/08/28 20:58:46] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): I first encountered such statements that I don’t know who I am or I am a virus or a bot. this is very offensive.. i've been here for 9 years and never have a problem other than your land. be happy there with your orbs. I was very offended
[2022/08/28 21:00:24] owner: Again is ***is different. We are THE ONLY PLACE IN SL WHO CARE FOR THE SECURITY AND OF ITS MEMBERS. 
[2022/08/28 21:07:31] ღ Ƭєσℳɪ ღ (teomi): I just want to know why you call me a bot. This is a very offensive and false statement. Perhaps I should thank you that you protected your land from me, a living inhabitant of the sl!?
[2022/08/28 21:12:57]owner: One more time, YOUR VIEWER, YOUR PC, LAPTOP IS SENDING HARMFUL DATA. It's not about the human behind it. 

This entire interaction is pure bollocks. From what I know of SL a 'security bot' would be unable to view the processes on your PC. Whoever owns this bot and runs this event isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Like 5

the viewer is not able to view information on that level,  scare tactics and people whom think they know the system not really knowing the system. 

The viewer sends out very little information and most of that is to the simulator it's self,  the viewer gets data position and a few other items about avatar location builds and such.  but backend data, there is nothing they can gather along those lines.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, PekeNL said:

This entire interaction is pure bollocks. From what I know of SL a 'security bot' would be unable to view the processes on your PC. Whoever owns this bot and runs this event isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

33 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

the viewer is not able to view information on that level,  scare tactics and people whom think they know the system not really knowing the system. 

The viewer sends out very little information and most of that is to the simulator it's self,  the viewer gets data position and a few other items about avatar location builds and such.  but backend data, there is nothing they can gather along those lines.

However, this orb identified me as a bot. how can it be? What kind of our data do they use to determine this, what criteria are programmed there for this? This is absurdity and permissiveness of this device, it is outrageous. Can you be sure that such a definition of you as a bot will not have consequences for the sl?

24 minutes ago, Teomi said:

However, this orb identified me as a bot. how can it be? What kind of our data do they use to determine this, what criteria are programmed there for this? This is absurdity and permissiveness of this device, it is outrageous. Can you be sure that such a definition of you as a bot will not have consequences for the sl?

Whoever you had this interaction with has no clue what security bots do nor did it actually verify you as such. It's just a scare tactic. If you honestly still want to go to a place that falls for these things, be my guest and find a anwser, otherwise just ignore and move on.

Stupidity only deserves to be left alone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most likely explanation: the owner is using some standard "ban people for reasons" (complexity, attachments, already on some ban list) system that lets the owner customize the message.

Uninformed / troll owner sets a bogus message, convinces themselves why you should be banned (regardless of why the system banned you), and won't budge from their bogus reason.

Because people are easily confused. The banning system probably has listed among the many benefits, "ban bots / malicious software users" and the owner confused that "feature" / system benefit with the "reason why it bans people".

ETA: "The system must be right, because banned people don't come back!"

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, PekeNL said:

If you honestly still want to go to a place that falls for these things, be my guest and find a anwser, otherwise just ignore and move on.

No no. I don't want to go to that land 🙂. After such an incident, I feel very uncomfortable. Worried about the consequences for me after being identified as a bot. Just regarded it as humiliation and discrimination🤯😳

58 minutes ago, Teomi said:

we can not even identify scripted agent status that we've set our own bot to use, so if we can not detect them nor other bots in SL, then there's all the proof you need.

• Like 3

"streaming malicious code" is just the creator's BS marketing lingo which really translates to "I used a simple, but error prone detection method that results in a small, but concerning chunk of people being labeled as bots when they're not, but I'm willing to let my end-users deal with the complaints instead of me so I can make a buck while also feeling my invention is the best thing since sliced bread. Don't you wish your ban orb was hot like mine?"

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

This is almost certainly bunk, but theoretically a venue could use a bot to analyze incoming chat, Media-on-a-Prim attachment links, llLoadURL offerings, etc., to identify known spam/phishing links. Maybe "bot" would be a generous way to describe such a source, with the "benefit of the doubt" that the user's viewer somehow was compromised without their knowledge to emit such stuff without a trace that the user could see themselves.

But yeah, it's almost certainly bunk, packaged for profit.

• Like 4

I suspect it might be this orb: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aniti-Bot-Security-Orb/828703, especially given the most recent review  ;)

Looks like a very old product, given the xstreetsl links & 2009 Copyright.

= Old viewer or OnRez viewer =
Anti bot avatar security orb test avatars viewer.
But old viewer (before 2008) and OnRez viewer must judge bot.

= Using old viewer and OnRez =
Please recommend update to new viewer. OnRez too.
If they want to continue old viewer or OnRez,
you must set avatar name in allow notecard in Anti bot security orb

I'm curious how a script can detect a users viewer.
Very VERY old versions of Firestorm (or Phoenix) that had the Firestorm LSL bridge attached to the avatar rather then a HUD point could be detected I guess.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I suspect it might be this orb: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aniti-Bot-Security-Orb/828703 , especially given the most recent review  ;)

Very VERY old versions of Firestorm (or Phoenix) that had the Firestorm LSL bridge attached to the avatar rather then a HUD point could be detected I guess.

I remember LL disabled the ability for other viewer to determine what the other viewer was running too.

• Like 4

Not going to reiterate much of what has already been said here - it's been covered.

That aside? There are no consequences - an individual user has used a device that could never even really do what it claimed to be able to do in the first place to "secure" their parcel from "bots". Being banned from that parcel and "labeled" as a Bot by that parcel owner ... is trivial in the scope of the wider Grid.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I suspect it might be this orb: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aniti-Bot-Security-Orb/828703, especially given the most recent review  ;)

= Old viewer or OnRez viewer =
Anti bot avatar security orb test avatars viewer.
But old viewer (before 2008) and OnRez viewer must judge bot.

= Using old viewer and OnRez =
Please recommend update to new viewer. OnRez too.
If they want to continue old viewer or OnRez,
you must set avatar name in allow notecard in Anti bot security orb

There are those people and places that will ban you if they find out you are using FS. Due to all the nasty rumors some years back about FS being used for things it wasn't meant for and wasn't actually used for.

Remember when everyone could see what viewer everyone else was using and then LL said no more because griefing? Yeah.

🤐

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Teomi said:

Hi everyone. For the first time in 9 years of my stay in the second life, at one location my live main avatar (not a bot) received an exile from such * Anti bot security orb*. Has anyone experienced similar injustice? What does it mean? How can I prove that I'm not a bot?

image.png.39acd956a47cb59b5631e18a9b490d47.png

https://gyazo.com/5d7e002025357feaf0cef250ff80bb1f

By the way, the SmoothDance is their Voodoo dance system which means they probably have the 'alt' detector enabled in it.   It's a system most decent region owners avoid like the plague.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

By the way, the SmoothDance is their Voodoo dance system which means they probably have the 'alt' detector enabled in it.   It's a system most decent region owners avoid like the plague.  

Check the reviews for the linked MP hud… The most recent one, which is 12 years after the previous review…. iow it seems the name shown above isn't the name of a product... But a name of...

Edited by Finite
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Finite said:

Check the reviews for the linked MP hud… The most recent one, which is 12 years after the previous review…. iow it seems the name shown above isn't the name of a product... But a name of...

When I was there, the dance system I saw had a hover text that said Voodoo Smooth Dance.  Not sure if that's how it was exactly but I saw Voodoo and I saw Smooth Dance

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When I was there, the dance system I saw had a hover text that said Voodoo Smooth Dance.  Not sure if that's how it was exactly but I saw Voodoo and I saw Smooth Dance

I believe its showing the name of the owner (basing this off of the name of the last person to leave a review on the product) or possibly the last person to use it. As far as I know voodoo doesn't have a Smooth Dance. Only thing close to that I can find on MP is Smooth Dancer created by someone else.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Finite said:

I believe its showing the name of the owner or possibly the last person to use it. As far as I know voodoo doesn't have a Smooth Dance. Only thing close to that I can find on MP is Smooth Dancer created by someone else.

Yes, it's Smooth Dance's Voodoo Dance Bonus.  My mistake.  That's what the pop up on the dance thingy says.  They do also have the Voodoo sploder which is set to anti bot, verify, group and anti afk.  I didn't look around to see if they have the actual security system but one might conclude that if you have two products, you probably have them all.   

Gotta keep that crypto safe!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, it's Smooth Dance's Voodoo Dance Bonus.  My mistake.  That's what the pop up on the dance thingy says.  They do also have the Voodoo sploder which is set to anti bot, verify, group and anti afk.  I didn't look around to see if they have the actual security system but one might conclude that if you have two products, you probably have them all.   

Gotta keep that crypto safe!

I can pop over there and tell you real quick if they have the security.. it'll kick me right away if it does.. hehehehe

It'll be only the third time since 2011 that it's happened if it does too.. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.