How does one designer get away without redelivery? And doesnt respond to multiple notecards?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm gonna message the daylights out of you for the hell of it, now that you told me not to!!\o/:P

Oh no, what have I done!  😁

I'm going to get all these messages now:

Luna, I'm in your store.

I'm going to buy the deep blue flower.

Are you ready, in case it doesn't go through?

Luna?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh no, what have I done!  😁

I'm going to get all these messages now:

Luna, I'm in your store.

I'm going to buy the deep blue flower.

Are you ready, in case it doesn't go through?

Luna?

But the phone is gonna ring  just before i click and I'mma brb you about 10 times.. hehehehe

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's pretty much a giveaway as to who was meant.

Yeah, I had this very thing happen to me earlier this week. Fortunately the store in question did have a redelivery terminal right there, so I was able to get my items.

I think, again, that we sometimes confuse "what SL allows you to get away with," with "what you shouldn't do even if you can, because it's a crappy way to treat people." The fact that a merchant can ignore a customer request for assistance does not imply that they should.

I'd also have thought it was pretty poor business practice. The store in question already has a poor reputation for its treatment of customers and other creators: one would have thought they'd want to address that.

Apparently not.

I really wish they gave us a way to pull stores out of our searches, like an unfavored store..just the store and their links.. Not things like other stores selling things rigged for them..

Imagine how clean the MP searches would be then.. then we can fix our own searches and stop having to use the existing gamed to death system. Then when we run across one of these shady stores, axe them.  Each one of our searches would be cleaned up to our liking.

A store takes advantage of me, I can add them to the list and never have to think about them again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

A quick way to check before entering a store in world is, when you land and move out of the landing zone,  Open area search, then type Redeliver.

How to check on the MP:  Get a demo, then after it's delivered check your MP account order history to see if the item can be redelivered..

Oh. Em. Gee. 13+ years and I'm SUCH a newbie! I have never thought to do this. DUH!

You're a goddess.

On the other hand, I've never run into a place (other than the gatcha resellers which don't count) that does not have a redeliver, to my knowledge, anyways.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

On the other hand, I've never run into a place (other than the gatcha resellers which don't count) that does not have a redeliver, to my knowledge, anyways.

I don't have an auto system, because I sell things in boxes the old fashioned way rather than using scripted vendors. I've never had someone contact to say the item didn't appear in their inventory. The volume of people who need redeliveries years later is small enough to handle manually.

The marketplace is a different issue. That used to regularly decide to not deliver items and there wasn't an automatic method. I'm really glad that redeliveries are possible there now, as that stopped/solved the majority of customer queries.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's what it sounds like whenever someone refers to those 3 letters.

I can't think of which one it would be that is still around.. the only one that I can think of, gets mistaken( my way of being vague) for the old three letter one and has a redeliver system.. If it's the one I'm thinking about..

It's just media hud based or inworld group.   So if someone has that off it won't work from the hud version.

I may be thinking of the wrong one though, but it's the only one that comes to mind.  hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Well my bad about posting the name that was redacted... i thought the name was irrelevant since they were no longer in buisness... I get it though buyer beware... in a way its all our own fault. Some of the sales and giveaways are so outlandishy low we cant help ourselves then the stuff you pay for full price are usually where at least I got screwed lol... I guess I was just ranting letting off steam. Thanks for your input

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeeVious Dagger said:

Well my bad about posting the name that was redacted... i thought the name was irrelevant since they were no longer in buisness... I get it though buyer beware... in a way its all our own fault. Some of the sales and giveaways are so outlandishy low we cant help ourselves then the stuff you pay for full price are usually where at least I got screwed lol... I guess I was just ranting letting off steam. Thanks for your input

The store I posted and was redacted isnt the store I am so frustrated with I was just using them as a reference .

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they don't have a redelivery system, that's just playing with risky business.

a good way to find out if they use the system but just don't have the terminal out for some reason.. you can check most any redelivery terminals and see your stuff..

Honestly, if they are too lazy to get with the times or feel shady, just don't do business with them.

This is a double edged sword.

Like someone else said, many of us don't want to rely on a third party solution. We remember HippoVend, and developing an entire vendor/redelivery system with off site servers that would even make it worth doing is way too much work (or simply not even possible) for a lot of merchants.

All my in world sales are direct boxes, not scripted, and all my updates go out through my own servers via calls built into the scripts themselves (which means less random scripts dumped in the product). I've never seen a direct sale fail like the scripted vendor ones often do.

Redelivery terminals are a solution for a problem that creators make themselves. Don't use scripts you can't fix yourself, make your items copy and mod, and include a backup copy. Sell the contents of a wall ad directly (bonus is that way customers can see exactly what they're getting in the box), and you won't need a redelivery terminal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

This is a double edged sword.

Like someone else said, many of us don't want to rely on a third party solution. We remember HippoVend, and developing an entire vendor/redelivery system with off site servers that would even make it worth doing is way too much work (or simply not even possible) for a lot of merchants.

All my in world sales are direct boxes, not scripted, and all my updates go out through my own servers via calls built into the scripts themselves (which means less random scripts dumped in the product). I've never seen a direct sale fail like the scripted vendor ones often do.

Redelivery terminals are a solution for a problem that creators make themselves. Don't use scripts you can't fix yourself, make your items copy and mod, and include a backup copy. Sell the contents of a wall ad directly (bonus is that way customers can see exactly what they're getting in the box), and you won't need a redelivery terminal.

Bad delivery is not the reason I prefer a store using redelivery.. Honestly I can't for the life of me remember when I ever had something not delivered..

The MP we don't have to worry about something not getting delivered, because if it's not delivered by a certain time, the MP sends us our money back..

Anyways, Without redelivery, I have to send a note card, hope they are in world or still active in world, wait for a response which may or may not come.. Rather than click redelivery and be on my way.

The only note cards I have had to send in the last 5 years since redelivery has become so popular is, because of something either not in the box or something wrong with the product itself or a mislabeling where they put the wrong product in the wrong vendor..

This is from shopping like a shopaholic, which I really don't shop like that anymore. hehehe

But for me, them having a redelivery terminal gives me a bit more secure feeling in doing business with them.. If I'm spending 20k  for an item and one guy has a redelivery and the other doesn't.. I'm gonna choose the one with the built in system, rather than the one hoping I trust that they will be around if something goes wrong.

Do i want to get it now or maybe have wait around in limbo for two weeks to never for a response?

I probably should not have used the words I did saying Shady or Lazy, because so far I've been fortunate with most of the creators and sending note cards.. sometimes I shouldn't post when having a bad day I guess..

But it doesn't change my preference  for a better all around customer experience..

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Hexem said:

Redelivery won't fix bugs or poor decisions.

Oh, I just majorly cracked up at that. Yes, I know you were speaking of serious things, but but but

omg. I want THAT redelivery feature! Think of my life now if that feature were only possible!  Please!  I want a redelivery system for "decisions" so we get re-dos!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh, I just majorly cracked up at that. Yes, I know you were speaking of serious things, but but but

omg. I want THAT redelivery feature! Think of my life now if that feature were only possible!  Please!  I want a redelivery system for "decisions" so we get re-dos!

As in yes, it still makes your head look fat no matter how many times you redeliver it?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Other than breaking it yourself, what else besides what I mentioned is redelivery good for?

True, it won't fix bugs and poor decisions but it does fix the "SL ate it from my inventory" problem.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

True, it won't fix bugs and poor decisions but it does fix the "SL ate it from my inventory" problem.

It's also good for clothing if you've deleted certain sizes previously and are now using one of those bodies whose size you deleted.  I rarely kept the original box although I'm doing so more often now since unpacking just one size is an option.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Other than breaking it yourself, what else besides what I mentioned is redelivery good for?

Losing  whole inventory, which also happened to me..  I got most of my stuff back, but not everything. It helped out a lot then.

I'd a spent who knows how long typing up note cards and who knows how long waiting.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Right, but you generally only see that with no copy items anyway. 

I've learned never buy no-copy stuff again after a couple poofed into thin air. The only exception I'd allow is when the price is super cheap, like under $15L. Even redelivery wouldn't help as they are shown as "Can't redeliver - No Copy"

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.