How does one designer get away without redelivery? And doesnt respond to multiple notecards?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is one designers A BIG BRAND who does not have any form of redelivery and will not answer any notecards from ANYONE. Its a huge problem. If you dont get your item your basically screwed. We have all talked in their group and many have contacted Linden Labs but nothing is done. I dont understand why? There are hundreds of people they have basically stole from.

• Sad 3

Re-delivery is a service, not mandatory. Same with customer care or service.
Nobody is ripped of if a merchant doesn't re-deliver or chooses not to respond.
So, LL has totally no part in this.

Just like in RL. best make it a habit to investigate a bit before you decide to buy from someone.
Don't buy based on assumptions but based on facts.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Added the last two lines.
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Maybe.

If the person is wanting a redelivery because the vendor never delivered the product in the first place, then it is really a request for actual delivery of something purchased. 

If the merchant is using vendors that sometimes don't deliver (glitches happen in SL all the time) and refuses to have a redelivery machine and they also don't want to be bothered answering any contact, then yes, the customer has been ripped off.

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Your word seems final..? No merchant would advertise "We ignore any and all contact!". To ignore any contact that states purchased but never received is a willful act and thus, is, in fact, a rip off. With LL staying out of it, we're left to our own devices (nasty reviews tend to get quick response from the vendor, but not all will respond). Pre purchase investigation isn't always feasible, as the only available place one can really investigate is the MP. If I see no demos coupled with "All sales final" then they don't get my business. Some vendors proudly display that at an in-world store, but many of them know it costs business.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Re-delivery is a service, not mandatory. Same with customer care or service.
So, LL has totally no part in this.

Just like in RL. best make it a habit to investigate a bit before you decide to buy from someone.
Don't buy based on assumptions but based on facts.

Caveat emptor is always good policy but...

I don't know how many people really think about stuff like that on a normal day of SL shopping. Maybe I'm atypical (maybe???). I don't consider "getting ripped off" when I shop unless the store is not offering some kind of demo, or in case of furniture or larger items, the ability to see it inworld. I just click, buy. Yay!

It isn't quite true that nobody gets ripped off. Any number of times I've clicked buy and.. SL hiccups. I never get the item. Without redelivery it is absolutely getting ripped off, but by whom?

Of course this OP is making me hop up and down and go "WHO? Who is it?" sigh. Stupid rules.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DeeVious Dagger said:

but then again they let xxx to get away with ripping off thousands of people... sigh...

if you rant, don't bring your own reputation in danger. Naming isn't allowed, never.

All sales are buyer be aware. There are no rules for how to run your business except the TOS and guidelines that are for everybody.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's clearly named, however by their old name, but therefor most likely already reported.

Unless I missed something, all I see is BIG BRAND (of what?) and the rules don't allow name and shame posts. 

ETA: Hm. I read that 3 letter acronym as The Market Place but... thinking "not" (but why doesn't that store ring a bell?)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe.

If the person is wanting a redelivery because the vendor never delivered the product in the first place, then it is really a request for actual delivery of something purchased. 

If the merchant is using vendors that sometimes don't deliver (glitches happen in SL all the time) and refuses to have a redelivery machine and they also don't want to be bothered answering any contact, then yes, the customer has been ripped off.

I think that re-delivery is something else than delivery.
When you buy something you have a right to get the item delivered.

Re-delivery is 99% of the time someone who has a terrible chaotic inventory or someone who could not be bothered to make a copy first before starting to edit what they have bought.

Now a good merchant uses the re-delivery option on the marketplace and their inworld vendors, when the goods have copy and no trans permissions.
Why bother yourself personally if it can be automated?

But sadly,  SL comes often with a dash of drama and a pinch of self importance.
Merchants and customers are sadly not excluded from this SL rule of thumb. No shortage of drama llamas in SL.
Hence my advice: don't buy based on assumptions but always check things out first.

That said, I'm over 15 years in SL now and as a customer I only had once a delivery problem inworld, never on the market place.

As a merchant, during the time I had an inworld shop,  I only had one clear scammer trying to get my product for free.
Nowadays I only sell on the MP, with the re-delivery option switched on. Only a small group of customers is using that option regularly (so I guess they have a hugely messed up inventory).

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think that re-delivery is something else than delivery.
When you buy something you have a right to get the item delivered.

Totally true, but when a vender fails to deliver, most people use a redelivery terminal to get the item -- and many merchants actually point people to the redelivery terminals for that.  Thus many people use the 'redelivery' term even when they are talking about an actual delivery of something that failed to deliver initially.

Since the OP stated "If you dont get your item your basically screwed", I assumed that her redelivery desire was because of a failed original delivery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Re-delivery is 99% of the time someone who has a terrible chaotic inventory or someone who could not be bothered to make a copy first before starting to edit what they have bought.

That said, I'm over 15 years in SL now and as a customer I only had once a delivery problem inworld, never on the market place.

Not picking a fight with you, btw... :)

Your experiences and mine are vastly different. I've used redelivery many times and it is not because of my inventory (which IS chaotic, but organized chaos) and maybe once or twice because I didn't make a copy before I edited.

The rest of the time (13+ years for me), it is because something got borked. Maybe I had a scripted item that out of the blue stopped working, no matter what I did. Delete it. Get a new one delivered. Now it works.  SL hiccups and nothing gets delivered (MANY variations of that.) The only time Marketplace didn't send my item is once or twice for a gatcha reseller, and of course no "redelivery" option on that.

I'm not a merchant. But I do think your estimation of "99% re-delivery is due to..." is unscientific and heavily biased. I could be wrong. My statistical analysis is still in development.

Edited by Seicher Rae
noun/verb agreement = haaaaard
  • Like 5

If they don't have a redelivery system, that's just playing with risky business.

a good way to find out if they use the system but just don't have the terminal out for some reason.. you can check most any redelivery terminals and see your stuff..

Honestly, if they are too lazy to get with the times or feel shady, just don't do business with them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Not picking a fight with you, btw... :)

Your experiences and mine are vastly different. I've used redelivery many times and it is not because of my inventory (which IS chaotic, but organized chaos) and maybe once or twice because I didn't make a copy before I edited.

The rest of the time (13+ years for me), it is because something got borked. Maybe I had a scripted item that out of the blue stopped working, no matter what I did. Delete it. Get a new one delivered. Now it works.  SL hiccups and nothing gets delivered (MANY variations of that.) The only time Marketplace didn't send my item is once or twice for a gatcha reseller, and of course no "redelivery" option on that.

I'm not a merchant. But I do think your estimation of "99% re-delivery is due to..." is unscientific and heavily biased. I could be wrong. My statistical analysis is still in development.

Of course mileages do vary.
My thoughts are of course based on my experiences in SL and your thoughts on yours.
Just like the OP who somehow comes to the conclusion that thousands are scammed and LL should do something about it.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they don't have a redelivery system, that's just playing with risky business.

a good way to find out if they use the system but just don't have the terminal out for some reason.. you can check most any redelivery terminals and see your stuff..

Honestly, if they are too lazy to get with the times or feel shady, just don't do business with them.

I'm far too lazy to put every damm plant and box into a vendor. Good god that is annoyingly time-consuming and boring. I'd rather be creating something new.

If you want a replacement just message me (not YOU Ceka -- I'm talking to anyone) because I check my email daily.  Or ask me before buying and I'll message back to tell you I am waiting breathlessly at my computer in case the delivery didn't go through.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Unless I missed something, all I see is BIG BRAND (of what?) and the rules don't allow name and shame posts. 

ETA: Hm. I read that 3 letter acronym as The Market Place but... thinking "not" (but why doesn't that store ring a bell?)

the 3 letter means a store, Marketplace on the forums is, mostly, MP, no T .. if people use abbreviations that are less used it's quite usefull to be clear what is meant to prevent this confusion.

• Like 2

A quick way to check before entering a store in world is, when you land and move out of the landing zone,  Open area search, then type Redeliver.

How to check on the MP:  Get a demo, then after it's delivered check your MP account order history to see if the item can be redelivered..

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the 3 letter means a store, Marketplace on the forums is, mostly, MP, no T .. if people use abbreviations that are less used it's quite usefull to be clear what is meant to prevent this confusion.

Well, that's pretty much a giveaway as to who was meant.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe.

Yeah, I had this very thing happen to me earlier this week. Fortunately the store in question did have a redelivery terminal right there, so I was able to get my items.

I think, again, that we sometimes confuse "what SL allows you to get away with," with "what you shouldn't do even if you can, because it's a crappy way to treat people." The fact that a merchant can ignore a customer request for assistance does not imply that they should.

I'd also have thought it was pretty poor business practice. The store in question already has a poor reputation for its treatment of customers and other creators: one would have thought they'd want to address that.

Apparently not.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm far too lazy to put every damm plant and box into a vendor. Good god that is annoyingly time-consuming and boring. I'd rather be creating something new.

If you want a replacement just message me (not YOU Ceka -- I'm talking to anyone) because I check my email daily.  Or ask me before buying and I'll message back to tell you I am waiting breathlessly at my computer in case the delivery didn't go through.

I'm gonna message the daylights out of you for the hell of it, now that you told me not to!!\o/:P

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.