People who should come back

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I don't know if I'm being misunderstood, or joked with or... It is late, I'm tired and I get really stupider when tired, so in case this was me being misunderstood (again), in my original post I pointed to @Qie Niangao 's response because Qie was one of the people on several people's lists, so I was flagging "here! present! accounted for."  But I could have been misunderstanding getting goofed around with, too. So...  I think I need to go ni ni now.

Misunderstood, saw the sentence then the red arrow, put two & two together and made 2.0 obvs.

I've been lurking too long. 

• Like 3

Thank you for the mention, @Scylla Rhiadra, and what a fun list that was for me to read and reminisce over! At one point, most of the folks on that list were in world friends of mine, and I remember those days at the Cartel hangout and in the old forums fondly. 

I'm still around a bit in the forums, just mostly in the Land sections because as it turned out, I developed a real love for Mainland and exploring. My first lessons regarding buying and owning land came from @Chris Norseand @Lindal Kidd, and it's turned into quite the hobby (I am not a land seller, I just move around a lot).

All that money I used to spend on hairs and shoes now goes to decorating new parcels. It mostly keeps me out of trouble. 😛 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
left out a word, d'oh!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You have 10k+ reputation and won the day last week..definitely not a lurker!

Actually... I just posted nearly the same thing in the "lurker" thread, before reading your banter.  I do not lurk. I'm either gone or I post.

And who.t.f. looks at the "won the day" stuff (without cringing)?  *ETA: Ooooh. I "won" on 8/12. What do I get? (besides a lot of facepalms?)

10K+, of which about 7.9K is from three "fans" who scorn-laugh. :)

Edited by Seicher Rae

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

And who.t.f. looks at the "won the day" stuff (without cringing)?

What?

I was told this was a rewards programme! Collect 100,000 and win an all-expenses-paid weekend with your +1 in Ahern!!!

😞

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's front and center in your profile.

Sorry, thought you said you had at one time lurked.

Well who tf looks at their profile? :)

Actually, I just did. But I don't, usually. Unless someone makes me.

Just bantering back and forth, Love, don't need to be all serious with the "Sorry" etc. :) ♥

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Actually... I just posted nearly the same thing in the "lurker" thread, before reading your banter.  I do not lurk. I'm either gone or I post.

And who.t.f. looks at the "won the day" stuff (without cringing)?  *ETA: Ooooh. I "won" on 8/12. What do I get? (besides a lot of facepalms?)

I'll have you know that I check my forum standing every hour, on the hour. I will never recover from the shift in point assignment from Answers to everything, which caused photography to become everyone's best path to fame and fortune. A picture is worth a thousand likes. That left me (and Rolig, Lindal, Qie, Quistess, and many unnamed other helpful people) starving for adulation. My scant participation there now is entirely due to dopamine seeking.

Ooooh, that felt good.

All your scorn laughter are gonna belong to meeeeeeee!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I will never recover from the shift in point assignment from Answers to everything, which caused photography to become everyone's best path to fame and fortune. A picture is worth a thousand likes. That left me (and Rolig, Lindal, Qie, Quistess, and many unnamed other helpful people) starving for adulation.

*whine whine moan moan*

I will shortly be posting a picture of the world's smallest mesh violin, playing just for you.

And it will receive 30+ likes.

🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Treasure Ballinger said:

Really enjoying this thread and seeing 'all y'all' from back in the day.  My rez day was April of 2007.  I'm still here, still managing Cape Able for Virtual Ability.  Not inworld a lot, but still around.  

I was going to ask you this! I'm occasionally still sending people there. it's so great that you are still doing this: it's such a worthwhile SL institution.

Is Gentle Heron still around at all?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

All your scorn laughter are gonna belong to meeeeeeee!!!

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*whine whine moan moan*

I will shortly be posting a picture of the world's smallest mesh violin, playing just for you.

And it will receive 30+ likes.

🙄

2008070921_ScreenShot2022-08-14at12_56_07PM.thumb.jpg.5a506663ca92976d73e9ac380e9ae666.jpg

Where's my damned scorn laugh, Scylla?

Thank you, Arielle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If Seicher leaves, I can has her skorn laffs? Uffda!

Granted. Mine, as you know, have a special dispensation that give them powers that let me get away with stuff other posters cannot. Use them wisely.

(I actually rarely scorn laugh. Or frown. But use the sad face as an overly-dramatic quip at times. But when I truly scorn laugh, those suckers have POWER.)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

Just now, kali Wylder said:

Ishtara something that began with an R I think

Dresden Ceriano

Griffin something.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose memory does this. "You know the guy? Who had the profile pic? Who used to type that thing, that schtick, that was so funny? You know! Oh, ffs... His name started with a D? or maybe F? Oh, you know!"

And funny, I know exactly to whom you are referring, and agree. Wasn't is Griffen Ceewallen? 

There was this woman...for the life of me can't remember her name or her partner (typical that I can't remember their names but remember so much about them).

I didn't see one of them post a whole lot outside some of the word games in General, but she seemed pretty serious/deep. Her partner posted mostly outside General and said she was very upset when her partner who posted in General left SL. Her last post said she had Parkinson's and I haven't seen any subsequent posts.

What were their names?  😖

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.