[SOLVED] I Landed a VooDoo ban for some reason (Possibly VPN), What's My Best Recourse?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Now if only LL would ban 3rd party "security" systems.

This. I have an older account that somehow got added to the old Gemini system and there are so many places I can't go with it because of that. I was surprised at some of the places still using it!  I have no idea why it was added. I have never done anything nefarious in SL that I know of.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Modulated said:

This. I have an older account that somehow got added to the old Gemini system and there are so many places I can't go with it because of that. I was surprised at some of the places still using it!  I have no idea why it was added. I have never done anything nefarious in SL that I know of.

Just make an alt and keep the music and media stream off.. You should be fine to go there with that alt.

5 hours ago, xxSweetMuskxx said:

@Maitimo@Ceka Cianci@Love Zhaoying @Cinos Field @Karl Herber

I was able to get unbanned by following the instructions here: https://voodoo.community/en/help/get-unbanned/

Ya, they are probably feeling a pinch, I wonder when he put that up.. Well I'm glad that worked out for you..:)

It was nice of you to post it up here, but I'm gonna pass on using that site.. hehehe

The bad thing about systems like that is, The creator gets to use it as an abusive system for themselves..

I got put on there because he decided he was going to ban anyone in this certain group if we didn't leave the group by a certain time on a certain day..

I didn't care about getting banned one bit..

I was gonna leave the group soon anyways, because I was only there for  one really bad system called RedZone.. But this guy made a threat to the whole group and I decided, screw this, come at me bro.. hehehe

He posted our names on the web which ended up in an article or two, so we may even be on other lists for all I know.. hehehe

What bothered me is, this guy used a system he sells to many sim and land owners and could at a whim of just him being in a bad mood one day, put someone on a networked ban system banning them from many sims.. Not even owning any of the lands.

In other words,he's corrupted the system and one the big reason these systems are a bad idea. it puts a lot of power into a creators hands.

I'm not even gonna bother trusting his unban site, let alone worry about getting off his list.. It's not a big enough of a threat to me where it may be fore others.

The only time I ever see that name mentioned since the last time I got a boot,which was years ago, is when a thread shows up in here about it every now and then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

Isn't that the guy that added people he personally didn't like to the system, then told his customers that anyone on the list is a griefer?

I think only people he added to the list were called griefers..  It's been so long ago that I can't remember the details.. but ya I remember him calling us that..

I wasn't even involved pretty much after redzone , but it was one of those groups I just took my time leaving in case something showed up again like redzone..

I didn't consider voodoo a redzone or really ever went after it in any way back then..Not until he got personal.

I  came up with the idea to AR him, because he posted our names to his customers and anyone else in his group, in world,  lining my hidden group up with my name. A lot of others on his list he made, decided to do the same.

I don't know if it worked or not, but his online profile went quiet fast.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Which doesn't negate my initial response that they DO use IP addresses to ban.  Newer residents don't always know about what can be collected if they have media on.  What you do is irrelevant to the answer I gave.  

Now, I'm done explaining to you.  Have a lovely day.

But you were wrong, again.

I'm done explaining to you, have a nice day 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Voodoo security is tied in with the Sploders, so I think it's to stop armies of bots going in and collecting all the prize money.

It's a stand alone as well, I believe.. It say's it's protection for Xsploders, Clubs and Shops..

It doesn't say anywhere on the MP page and the instruction there, about needing the Xsploder.

It scans a whole region.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Another thing about sploders...most of 'em violate LL's gambling policy. Apparently, LL has not chosen to go around actively looking for violators, but if someone reports your club's sploder, it's likely to disappear.

If the sploder, both, takes money from users and is not in a Skill Gaming region, then it violates the Skill Gaming policy.

• Like 4

The Voodoo system is abusive and so is the jerk who runs it. It should be removed from SL just like Redzone was. I've been on the Voodoo ban list for a long time (likely permanent) because I told the owner there was no way I was kissing his ass to be unbanned from a system that shouldn't be allowed on the grid in the first place. I've gotten people to stop using their products after letting them know the ugly side of doing so. Those who insist on keeping them, I simply don't associate with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

The Voodoo system is abusive and so is the jerk who runs it. It should be removed from SL just like Redzone was. I've been on the Voodoo ban list for a long time (likely permanent) because I told the owner there was no way I was kissing his ass to be unbanned from a system that shouldn't be allowed on the grid in the first place. I've gotten people to stop using their products after letting them know the ugly side of doing so. Those who insist on keeping them, I simply don't associate with.

And it's attitudes like that, why a lot of venue owners seem to use it 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 11:57 PM, belindacarson said:

And it's attitudes like that, why a lot of venue owners seem to use it 🙂

What? That I shouldn't have to beg to be taken off a list that was abusive to put people on in the first place? If you get nailed by one of their orbs (no matter how short a time it's set for), then you're banned at all places that have VooDoo, Can't use their venue vote system (a downside to venue owners), or use their possibly against ToS sploders at said venues. It was inadvertently flying over a parcel with one of the orbs set to 0 seconds that got me on the list in the first place. I don't think venue owners who use Voodoo crap even know how easy it is to get on the list. There's no reason anyone should have to go to a sim (boosting it's traffic) to get a stupid code to use on a website (that no doubt records your IP address) to get off the list. There shouldn't be a master list at all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

What? That I shouldn't have to beg to be taken off a list that was abusive to put people on in the first place? If you get nailed by one of their orbs (no matter how short a time it's set for), then you're banned at all places that have VooDoo, Can't use their venue vote system (a downside to venue owners), or use their possibly against ToS sploders at said venues. It was inadvertently flying over a parcel with one of the orbs set to 0 seconds that got me on the list in the first place. I don't think venue owners who use Voodoo crap even know how easy it is to get on the list. There's no reason anyone should have to go to a sim (boosting it's traffic) to get a stupid code to use on a website (that no doubt records your IP address) to get off the list. There shouldn't be a master list at all.

If you're going to argue, please keep it factual.  The voodoo security no fly setting doesn't operate on zero seconds.  And when it does teleport you home you get a message "you were ejected for flying, you can return as long as you don't fly" and that option has to be enabled by the land owner.  That doesn't get you added to the list automatically.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:14 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

About the only thing you can do is make an alt, And never turn on media or music streaming with that alt..

Typically I'll just stream audio through VLC regardless, for some reason, the viewers I have used tend to lag a bit when I play music through them anyway and often disconnect entirely from the stream.  The benefit of doing so, I would imagine, is that it is less likely that your avatar would be attached to the IP you are streaming through.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:14 AM, belindacarson said:

If you're going to argue, please keep it factual.  The voodoo security no fly setting doesn't operate on zero seconds.  And when it does teleport you home you get a message "you were ejected for flying, you can return as long as you don't fly" and that option has to be enabled by the land owner.  That doesn't get you added to the list automatically.

It did at one time. If it's been changed then great. It wasn't a no-fly. I was in an aircraft and hit a security orb. It's annoying enough when those are set to a short time if not 0, but then to end up on the ban list? No, I'm not begging anybody to be removed from it and I'm perfectly happy to call out vendors and venues using it. THis is the last I'll say on PooDoo.

9 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

It did at one time. If it's been changed then great. It wasn't a no-fly. I was in an aircraft and hit a security orb. It's annoying enough when those are set to a short time if not 0, but then to end up on the ban list? No, I'm not begging anybody to be removed from it and I'm perfectly happy to call out vendors and venues using it. THis is the last I'll say on PooDoo.

Sounds like you got zapped by a normal orb with a zero second timer which is 100% legal.

The no fly in voodoo has to be set active by the landowner, and it doesn't ban you.  You get teleported home and a message "you were sent home for flying you can go back if you don't fly".  Only time it would ban you is if you were already voodoo banned. And it doesn't collect your IP address

Just pointing out the correct facts so to avoid anyone having a jackanory moment

Edited by belindacarson
jackanory - an old tv program for telling stories

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, daisy Sidek said:

VOODOO totally SUCKS. I have been ban for y YEARS with NO explanation thats not even fair. LL should do something about these assholes

Just look at it as a perk.. if you ever come across a place that's using it. it's not a place you want to be anyways.. hehehehe

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.