So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am eager to see what changes after the "Introductory" price period for Premium Plus.

I was reminded about this again just now in the Official Post that dropped an hour or so ago.

Best case scenario: Sign up early, get Grandfathered forever!

Not as nice: It goes up another $20-$30 later for everyone - we'll let you know when we decide how much, and when!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chris Corvinus said:

It shouldnt be in a faq that no one knows where it is since nothing links to it. Or a forum post where new people arent gonna know where to look. It should be front and freaking center on the account page in the upgrade area that lists the available upgrades and what they offer.

No need to snark at me it's not like I am the one who is to blame XD , if you would have read my answer you would get that I think the same about it, since my remarks about panic mode...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

The other thread was locked while I was trying to post - so I will try to put my thoughts here.

My biggest disappointment with the Plus membership is the way that the Stipend increase is being handled for us older accounts with grandfathered stipends.  While other members are getting more than double the stipend for switching to Plus, I would end up getting about 30% increase and be paying more than twice a year than I am for my regular premium account. I can't work out how this would make financial sense in my situation.

If I was a creator that did a lot of uploading on a regular basis, then I could see it may be worth the increase. If I needed 140 groups ... maybe, but I have enough trouble keeping track of 70.  

For me, I would be better off financially with another Premium Alt.  

I feel this way also,  disappointed, annoyed and aggravated. I am one of LL's biggest cheerleaders, and always telling people to get premium and support the platform. I have kept multiple premium accounts for 16 years, since they started the new LH's I have acquired several more non GF premium accounts as the new themes came on board. I have 0 need for any Linden houses, as I hold some prime mainland in Horizons, a 1/4 sim on a private estate and share another sim with a friend. 

I love SL, and have loved the new LH, but it is unfair to give everyone else an increase of 350, and the GF accounts are not. It is a price increase, I was prepared to pay it, but this has aggravated me now. If I take a GF account and a non GF account and combine them I end with 650 L weekly instead of 800 I get for both, which cost me less, and I end up paying more annually for 1 account.  If I was uploading $80 US a year in textures, then maybe, but atm there are no 2048 parcels, no discounts for mesh uploads, and I am not uploading enough to offset it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chris Corvinus said:

Im not being snarky at you. I'm frustrated at how LL is handling this circus show of a Premium Plus launch. No other company does this.

Let me give you a virtual squishyhug (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ until you are little less frustrated ...or have some dents from me squishing to hard XD 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chris Corvinus said:

Im not being snarky at you. I'm frustrated at how LL is handling this circus show of a Premium Plus launch. No other company does this.

World of Tank Gaming is worse than SL actually.  Truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Two pricing questions.  

1.  The $24.99/mo price - is that only for this month, or, if you choose that, do you pay $24.99/mo until that price is no longer offered, or does it go on until you change your plan, even if it is no longer being offered?  (Note: 24.99 comes out to $299.88/yr, so you wouldn't want to do it for a long period anyway, since a year of PP is $249).

2.  Is the $L3000 signing bonus only offered today, or in perpetuity, or only this month, or?

My understanding is that only the 1st month of monthly is discounted, and then only if you start within 30 days of the initial offer.

As far as the signing bonus goes, that is for 1st time PP subscribers, regardless of when they decide to subscribe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I'm in favor of Premium Plus, there is something I'm confused about. If you are a regular premium, do you still get live chat support? Or do you have to have Premium Plus? Also, why not let those with Premium Plus own 4096 sq. meters of land, instead of 2048 sq. meters? Those that are charter members can own 4096, and don't have to pay tier. They paid a one time fee, that is less than $500.00. So let those with Premium plus own 4096 sq. meters of land, and let those with regular premium own 2048 sq. meters of land.

Next, lets have minor premium. Minor Premium would be $3..00 a month, or $22.00 a year. With minor premium, you can own 1024 sq. meters of land, but get no stipend, and no live support. Those that get stipend get about $4.00 US a month. And then there's live support.

If this was done, then there would be less abandoned land. More basic accounts would then be signing up. There may need to be some adjustments to the price. It might be a little bit higher than $3.00 a month, and $22.00 a year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frankie Antonioni said:

do you still get live chat support? Or do you have to have Premium Plus?

Yes, regular premiums, as well as Premium Plus, still have Live Chat.  Look at the Premium column:

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/11080-introducing-premium-plus-for-your-second-life/

Premium Plus members ALSO get a dedicated voice phone line to support.

• Like 1

Here's my whole take on this and then I am out.

Why release a membership upgrade page if its incomplete? With no links to the faq page? Having a Faq is very important. Its not something you hide in the support section. Why have multiple support Lindens contradict each other over the signup bonuses? Is it 2k or 3k when upgrading from premium accounts? No one knows. Then they create even more confusion by saying in a blog post that there will be $15 name changes but no where on the upgrade page or the Faq is that even mentioned. People shouldnt have to wander through different parts of a website to gather information about one specific thing. It shouldn't be a quest to pick up pieces.

Maybe sort this all out BEFORE releasing the premium plus tier? Are you guys just tossing stuff in in the backend and updating the pages every so often? That is CRAZY. Its the year 2022, not 2005. Are you guys running on Weebly? Yeah, I'm roasting because its frustrating as someone who is interested in Premium Plus but if you can't even do a basic page update that includes communication, that actually says a lot about how you handle everything else. Its such a simple process.....I've developed sites in the past so this is cringe to me. 20 years and this happens...c'mon LL. This shouldnt happen at all. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chris Corvinus said:

With no links to the faq page? ...

Why have multiple support Lindens contradict each other over the signup bonuses?

Then they create even more confusion by saying in a blog post that there will be $15 name changes but no where on the upgrade page or the Faq is that even mentioned.

Good Lord.

> They have added a link to the FAQ at the bottom of the introduction blog post.  I'm sure they thank you very much for the suggestion :)

> Why are you asking support folks what the signup bonus is?  It's in writing in the blog post, and Patch gave it as well in his SL18B meeting, $L3K.  Period.

> The $15 name change is in the introduction blog post, the last item in the Premium Plus column in the table. I believe that was there when it was first posted, I remember noticing it. Why do you need more verification?  The FAQ addresses the process for getting a name change at that price.

I don't think it makes sense at this time to spread the list of PP benefits all over the website, because Patch made it clear that they may be adding more as time goes on.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

Looks like the upload cost for free users is going up too, as the first package mentions L$10 for uploads.

as per https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/uploading-assets-r75/#Section__2_1

Basic accounts: L$25 per upload
Premium accounts: L$10 per upload
Premium Plus accounts: L$0 per upload

update:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/488072-so-what-do-you-all-think-to-the-premium-plus-package/?do=findComment&comment=2470454

it was a 'typo'

Edited by OldVamp
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, OldVamp said:

Looks like the upload cost for free users is going up too, as the first package mentions L$10 for uploads.

as per

Well that is new and a big surprise.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Good Lord.

> They have added a link to the FAQ at the bottom of the introduction blog post.  I'm sure they thank you very much for the suggestion :)

> Why are you asking support folks what the signup bonus is?  It's in writing in the blog post, and Patch gave it as well in his SL18B meeting, $L3K.  Period.

> The $15 name change is in the introduction blog post, the last item in the Premium Plus column in the table. I believe that was there when it was first posted, I remember noticing it. Why do you need more verification?  The FAQ addresses the process for getting a name change at that price.

I don't think it makes sense at this time to spread the list of PP benefits all over the website, because Patch made it clear that they may be adding more as time goes on.

Yeah, good lord.

No one cares about the blog post except forum people. It should be in the actual account upgrade area. That is where the link should be. Because that is where it is most visible and where people go to actually upgrade. Its common sense.

The $15 name change is NOT mentioned anywhere in the account upgrade area where it SHOULD be, not in a blog post. Because, you know, that is where people go to actually upgrade.

If they release the tier, they should add the benefits. All current ones. Its common sense. If the tier is incomplete, they should not release it. Period. Its common sense.

I have been talking to people who have gyazo proof that some support lindens have said they would get 2k as an upgrade bonus from premium since they already got 1k from being premium.

Also, the FAQ should be visible from the account page and not hidden somewhere in the support section. Imagine a new person trying to find out more info and not knowing where the FAQ was when every other site has their FAQ and information front and center. Why LL tends to bury all useful info is beyond me.

Edited by Chris Corvinus
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Mousy Littlepaws said:

Can we @ @Patch Linden (sorry sorry sorry!) and ask about Quarterly? I'm curious why it was removed and will it return? You'll have happier customers 😁

pls.jpg

I went to the knowledge base and looked it up. They also have premium plus information in there.. But this is what it say's about upgrading to premium.

Looks like Quarterly is gone. 🤬

Upgrading to a Premium account

To upgrade from Basic to Premium membership:

1. Log into the Second Life website.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click Premium Membership.
  3. Click Change Membership Plan to display a chart of Membership plans and prices.
  4. Select Premium (choose from Monthly or Annual billing options)
  5. Review the upgrade fees and other changes to your account to confirm your choice
  6. Click Continue to checkout and check out via the Tilia Second Life Cashier
Note
As a Premium member, you get a one-time bonus of L$1000 and receive a weekly stipend of $L300 and a 1024 square meter premium tier bonus. You may only receive the L$1000 upgrade bonus once per account.
Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OldVamp said:

as per

Where did you find this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldVamp said:

as per

According to that it looks like bulk uploads will stay at $10L for basic accounts.. Which is a good thing as thats how I upload textures. Rather a crap thing to do to basic account holders that are merchants as well. Pay to upload, Pay a fee to sell on the MP, now pay more to upload? Not cool LL. Not cool.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.