Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Jamie Marques said:

Thanks, but I understood that people can choose to hide their profile, so it would not appear here? It is under the privacy options.

Even if they hide it, something will still show. 

If the name is free, it will show a message "The page you were looking for doesn't exist".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You would lose it if you had one of the promised 2048 houses because you'd be over the allowed land limit for a premium account. I wouldn't think you would lose the one you requested if you have a 1024 or 515 if you downgrade. 

Yes, in the instance I totally agree you should lose it because it is a PP only benefit, but a regular house it not.

10 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

WOW! Really? If I hadn't been on the forum I never would have even known it was available at that price to begin with. Running a promotion for a special price for a mere days is insane.

10 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I have read that thread and I think they are just seeing VAT or some other taxes being applied to the discounts.  In some countries there is a law that prices aimed at general consumers must be shown inclusive of taxes.

Yes, the prices shown there is with VAT. I would have to pay 31.24 US for the introduction month, and that is because a VAT of 25% is added to it. Damn those EU bureaucrats! 😡

So if somebody posts a screenshot, always ask if that's VAT or not.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Aria Aurelia said:

''Becomes a problem'' in this case is if anyone is seen to be abusing the system, the Lindens at anytime under discretion will then halt said system, thereby making people who shelled out several hundred dollars for the new shiny thing angry as well.   Hence they are now selling a product that is now having caveats added to it less than 36 hours after the purchase.  Therefore anyone reading this you've now been warned ''buyer beware.'' 

Speaking of exploits they should take the time to fix the known exploit that exists on the website land page where you can pass houses back and forth between people if you know how to do it.  Time to report that bug to the JIRA as well since no one seems to have ever bothered.  That particular loophole should be fixed as well therefore making all roads to Linden Home acquisition fair and happy.

I can halt the system as narrowly or broadly as necessary.  In other words, I could target one particular case of abuse or many, or all.  I'm not saying that is what it will come to, and hopefully it will not.  It's tough to predict the future. 

Someone needs to tell us if there is an exploit, otherwise I suspect it doesn't actually exist if there is no proof to be handed over and no one is willing to tell us (or even me directly) how you do it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

''Becomes a problem'' in this case is if anyone is seen to be abusing the system, the Lindens at anytime under discretion will then halt said system, thereby making people who shelled out several hundred dollars for the new shiny thing angry as well.   Hence they are now selling a product that is now having caveats added to it less than 36 hours after the purchase.  Therefore anyone reading this you've now been warned ''buyer beware.'' 

Speaking of exploits they should take the time to fix the known exploit that exists on the website land page where you can pass houses back and forth between people if you know how to do it.  Time to report that bug to the JIRA as well since no one seems to have ever bothered.  That particular loophole should be fixed as well therefore making all roads to Linden Home acquisition fair and happy.

how do you know about this? that this happens? have you ever done it yourself

• Haha 4

It's been filed on JIRA by Soft Linden, the issue is not public though.

@Patch Linden  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231087

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:
13 hours ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Expand  

It's been filed on JIRA by Soft Linden, the issue is not public though.

@Patch Linden  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231087

Irony: complaining about an exploit, boss reads your complaint. Experts: "We're on it!"

I dont think it is an exploit, or a secret. It works best when there are very few of the given house type (trad or camper, etc) in the Queue.

The "secret" (if you will) is coordination. if you know exactly when someone is abandoning a place (because they tell you in IM ), then you know the "best time" try for it and have relatively better odds of collecting it than if you are just trying the LP at random times. Even with that, there are no guarantees.

Lets hope that no one suggests that IMs and/or Local Chat be disabled because someone might coordinate with a friend when they abandon a property!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

The "secret" (if you will) is coordination

Yes and no.  There is more to doing this successfully than just coordinating times.  This will be the 3rd time that I'm documenting this in the forums.  I believe Fay documented it once as well.  I have no idea if this is what Whirly and Aria are referring to, but I rather doubt it.

Say there is 1 desirable trad that you want to move to a different avatar.  Set up 3 avatars:  

• Catcher - the avatar who you want to have claim the trad.
  • Tosser - the avatar who now has the trad.
  • Spare - an avatar who owns a completely different trad that nobody particularly wants.

Sometime when the land page is only occasionally showing trads, do this:

Catcher - Sees a trad on the land page, puts in a name, goes to the 2nd page, clicks the Terms and Conditions box, and waits, letting someone else claim that trad.  At this point, whenever Catcher clicks the accept box, they will immediately get whatever trad is on the page.

Tosser abandons the desirable trad, then immediately begins refreshing, waiting until a trad shows up on the land page.  If it never does, then this piece of knowledge comes into play:  If the land page is low on a specific theme, often there actually have to be 2 of that theme abandoned for that theme to show up on the land page.  So, after minutes pass, Spare should abandon their home.  

Almost certainly, after the 2nd trad is abandoned, Tosser will see a trad on the land page, and tell Catcher to click the Accept box NAOW!

Catcher does so.  Most of the time, the desirable trad will be the one Catcher gets.  But if Catcher gets the wrong home, 2 were released at the same time, and the RIGHT home is probably still available to be claimed.  Tosser can pick it up immediately if you're concerned that some other person will get it, and you can try the whole thing again later.

OR Catcher can abandon and claim again, hoping to get the correct trad.  I've actually had this work fine during slower times in SL.  I usually have Catcher inworld near the Spare parcel, because if Catcher gets the wrong trad, Spare will probably be the one Catcher got.

------

I don't regard this as a loophole or exploit, it's just knowing how the land page works and coordination.  It's easiest to do with 2 typists, but I've done this single-handedly several times using only one computer and 2 different browsers, to move homes between alts.  It helps to have someone inworld with the desirable parcel in their teleport history so they can quickly check if someone else has claimed it, but it's not necessary.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I became a premium plus member and follow this

I heard that Premium Plus members can request specific Linden Homes for themselves. Is this true?

Yes, it is! Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied and they do not currently have another Linden Home. To do so, Premium Plus members can request a Linden Home by submitting a support ticket (click Submit A Ticket on the top right of this page!) and choose the Issue Type of Land & Region with the subtype of Linden Homes.

So I did this and none of the options said here are available on the support ticket drop down. All they ofer is account issue options.

I so wish I did not pay for premium plus.

20 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yes and no.  There is more to doing this successfully than just coordinating times.  This will be the 3rd time that I'm documenting this in the forums.  I believe Fay documented it once as well.  I have no idea if this is what Whirly and Aria are referring to, but I rather doubt it.

Say there is 1 desirable trad that you want to move to a different avatar.  Set up 3 avatars:  

• Catcher - the avatar who you want to have claim the trad.
  • Tosser - the avatar who now has the trad.
  • Spare - an avatar who owns a completely different trad that nobody particularly wants.

Sometime when the land page is only occasionally showing trads, do this:

Catcher - Sees a trad on the land page, puts in a name, goes to the 2nd page, clicks the Terms and Conditions box, and waits, letting someone else claim that trad.  At this point, whenever Catcher clicks the accept box, they will immediately get whatever trad is on the page.

Tosser abandons the desirable trad, then immediately begins refreshing, waiting until a trad shows up on the land page.  If it never does, then this piece of knowledge comes into play:  If the land page is low on a specific theme, often there actually have to be 2 of that theme abandoned for that theme to show up on the land page.  So, after minutes pass, Spare should abandon their home.  

Almost certainly, after the 2nd trad is abandoned, Tosser will see a trad on the land page, and tell Catcher to click the Accept box NAOW!

Catcher does so.  Most of the time, the desirable trad will be the one Catcher gets.  But if Catcher gets the wrong home, 2 were released at the same time, and the RIGHT home is probably still available to be claimed.  Tosser can pick it up immediately if you're concerned that some other person will get it, and you can try the whole thing again later.

OR Catcher can abandon and claim again, hoping to get the correct trad.  I've actually had this work fine during slower times in SL.

------

I don't regard this as a loophole or exploit, it's just knowing how the land page works and coordination.  It's easiest to do with 2 typists, but I've done this single-handedly several times using only one computer and 2 different browsers, to move homes between alts.  It helps to have someone inworld with the desirable parcel in their teleport history so they can quickly check if someone else has claimed it, but it's not necessary.

To add to this, and this may be the exploit in question: You can pull this off even when there are homes of the theme you want on the land page with a bit of luck and some fast reflexes. This is not the ideal way to do this, as there is more risk of failure involved, but it can work.

It's been observed that when a home is abandoned, it seems to momentarily fly to the TOP of the queue to be claimed. It's like the home goes into a little limbo area in front of the queue for a few seconds before being shuffled off to the bottom of the queue. If the catcher has a trad page loaded, and there is a trad showing on the Land Page, the other person (I have trouble typing "tosser" without laughing) can still toss their trad. If the catcher immediately clicks "accept", success can be had. There is no guarantee, but if you've done this enough times, you get good enough that you can have a pretty high success rate. 

I do think some of the folks in this discussion know more about this than they are letting on, so it's kind of amusing to read. I'm glad a few are willing to be honest and openly share what they know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Olivier Marques said:

I heard that Premium Plus members can request specific Linden Homes for themselves. Is this true?

Yes, it is! Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied and they do not currently have another Linden Home. To do so, Premium Plus members can request a Linden Home by submitting a support ticket (click Submit A Ticket on the top right of this page!) and choose the Issue Type of Land & Region with the subtype of Linden Homes.

So I did this and none of the options said here are available on the support ticket drop down. All they ofer is account issue options.

If you don't see this, contact Live Chat.

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 9.55.49 AM.png

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Olivier Marques said:

The same happened to me.... Log into your account on the web page.... under the help drop down choose support history. I'm usually asked to log in again. From the next page after the log in submit a ticket and the other options should be there.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Olivier Marques said:

Once you've upgraded to Premium Plus (P+), you need to relog so that all P+ options are fully loaded so to speak. At least that's what I've heard from various people who have already upgraded.

• Thanks 2

I've been rolling for a west rear facing stilt without other houses directly behind it for ages with no luck.... upgraded to + and put in a ticket last night before going to sleep. This morning I owned my new stilt. So much better than rolling for one and often getting the same unwanted one over and over..... So So much better....575128665_TheGoodPlace.thumb.png.8f1ed18d117f1c4bdeeb0033e73b91f6.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Avery Evergarden said:

I've been rolling for a west rear facing stilt without other houses directly behind it for ages with no luck.... upgraded to + and put in a ticket last night before going to sleep. This morning I owned my new stilt. So much better than rolling for one and often getting the same unwanted one over and over..... So So much better....575128665_TheGoodPlace.thumb.png.8f1ed18d117f1c4bdeeb0033e73b91f6.png

beautiful spot Avery! and lovely photography too. Congrats on your new home! I hope you get tons of pleasure from it

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.