Have you been to a Second Life Wedding?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Yup. She also got sick on the trip because her doctor had prescribe medication that interacted with another she was taking, so she was pretty miserable the whole trip.

Needless to say, she unpartnered and blocked him after he told her. 

That's so awful I just can't.

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's so awful I just can't.

I'm just floored, I really hope this hasn't damaged her trust, but then how can it not .. I don't even know how I could handle that, I honestly don't think I could have, just been utterly destroyed. The only saving part is she had someone else to see there and someone back home.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I'm just floored, I really hope this hasn't damaged her trust, but then how can it not .. I don't even know how I could handle that, I honestly don't think I could have, just been utterly destroyed. The only saving part is she had someone else to see there and someone back home.

I think that was the only time she partnered with someone in SL. It was heart-breaking and of course it hurt her ability to trust guys in SL. She has many good friends in SL though, and hearts heal after a time. Last I heard she had a new boyfriend in SL.  ❤️

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yeah, that's so far beyond devastating. I traveled a few places (some quite far) to meet men I was involved in LDRs with when I was younger, and sure, when you invest in a trip and it doesn't work out it sucks. That's enough of a punch to the gut on its own, even when the breakup is entirely mutual and you're friendly about it. But having to deal with that level of cruelty on top of it all is an entirely different level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah, that's so far beyond devastating. I traveled a few places (some quite far) to meet men I was involved in LDRs with when I was younger, and sure, when you invest in a trip and it doesn't work out it sucks. 

I've travelled a LOT meet up with SL peeps, easily over 40k miles all over the place, I'd barely travelled my home country before SL. General anxiety really meant I had to put a lot of the preparation and details in the hands of people I was meeting, I have no idea what would have happened if it had gone pear shaped. it only got weird once, but that was thankfully only a day trip while I was staying with someone else.

• Like 2

I've never been to an SL wedding myself, but I did go to a "birthing" once and it was a pretty traumatic experience.

My friend insisted that I come and watch, but when she TPd me nothing was rezzing, I was standing in the spot and turning around waiting for things to rez and when they eventually did I realized my friend had been standing in front of the mother-to-be when she sent the TP, so of course I'd landed on top of her as she was laying on the delivery table and, thanks to my AO, had been stomping on her as my avatar was turning around.  Her partner and family were all present and understandably horrified by what they'd just witnessed and I spent the rest of the time standing in the corner trying to be inconspicuous. 😶

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I've never been to an SL wedding myself, but I did go to a "birthing" once and it was a pretty traumatic experience.

My friend insisted that I come and watch, but when she TPd me nothing was rezzing, I was standing in the spot and turning around waiting for things to rez and when they eventually did I realized my friend had been standing in front of the mother-to-be when she sent the TP, so of course I'd landed on top of her as she was laying on the delivery table and, thanks to my AO, had been stomping on her as my avatar was turning around.  Her partner and family were all present and understandably horrified by what they'd just witnessed and I spent the rest of the time standing in the corner trying to be inconspicuous. 😶

Fluffy, if I ever give birth to another 23 octopi, you’re more than welcome to TP over and stomp on me. Killing them right then and there has got to be better than trying to keep them from eating each other.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Long long ago .. I had a xxxHolic themed wedding. I dressed as Yuuko Ichihara, my "fiance" dressed as Watanuki and another friend was Domeki, who performed the ceremony (and made the outfits). In the end Watanuki ran off with Domeki and I got drunk on sake.  😏

image.jpeg.5662523a1bd12dddfee90d14b8e80369.jpeg

• Like 1

I've been to two weddings. One I was in as a bridesmaid. Neither people are together today but they totally believed they were in love at the time.

I've never been partnered in SL but if I were I would want to do a wedding mainly because I never had one in RL and it would be fun to plan and dress up in a real wedding dress. 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Would I go again? Depends on the person asking but preferably not.

As an attendee, or the main attraction? ^_^

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

As an attendee, or the main attraction? ^_^

If it was my own wedding I would grudgingly attend, if it was someone else's I'd grudgingly attend and poof the second I can. I'm really not made for big social gatherings of any kind x3

• Like 1

Yes, I went to a SL wedding twice.
Both were total disasters.

The first one I ended up at the wrong wedding, because they swapped time slots with another couple and I missed that message somehow.
It was halfway trough the wedding before I noticed, because lets be honest, when you're not one of the main characters in the show, weddings are a bit boring and most important is that one shows up to fill the room.

The second one, I was hired as the photographer.
The 'reverent' did not show up, neither did the bride. So.... that was my first and last wedding shoot in SL.

Ah well, all that partnering is a good L$ sink for LL.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

been to 3 sl weddings and im not allowed to go to any ever again im a jinx ;) first one they lasted 2 weeks after the wedding, 2nd one 3 days after the wedding they split....3rd one the bride went MIA after the ceremony never to be seen in sl again  :)  weddings are usually a pain of ppl, mostly bride groom or wedding party crashing when they shouldnt and lots of lag cos all the bling and heavy gowns ;) 

• Like 2

I've been to loads! One of my friends was always getting married, she had a new SL husband every couple of weeks xD She was always borrowing money for un-partnering fees...

One was a vampire wedding on a sim made to look like the surface of the Moon, and there was a reception afterwards on a space station where we actually sat around eating prims and talking while a DJ played. I remember another vampire wedding where a horse furry IM'd me and said "Can you see, or is my head in the way?" 🐴Then the bride came down the aisle lagging, and shot past the priestess and out the back of the castle :o (well, not a priestess...whatever the vampire equivalent is!)

I've also been to a Wiccan wedding in a sim with a stone circle, and a church wedding where I just wandered in while I was exploring 🍰

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Fluffy, if I ever give birth to another 23 octopi, you’re more than welcome to TP over and stomp on me. Killing them right then and there has got to be better than trying to keep them from eating each other.

Stomp on baby ocotpi?  But they're so cute... I could never!

BabyOctopus.thumb.JPG.d829debf38c734b8d317400c16323fb2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only once, and I pretty much was a last minute invite by the groom who was desperate for a few warm bodies so it didn't look like they had no friends, heh. It was underwhelming, and every other gal decided to ignore the dress request from the invite (No white dresses/full lenght gowns, and especially no white full lenght gowns). That was... interesting!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.