Have you been to a Second Life Wedding?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have, in a Resident-owned social hub. It was okay, nothing home to write about. There was nice decor and the wedding itself was decently organized, although the nature of the social hubs made it susceptible to interruption from trolls. There was a pretty cool dance party afterward, too.

• Like 1

I've been to a couple by now. 

Shrugs. Not sure what else to add to that. Never got married myself.

.. Of course, if I did, it would probably look like you'd got the wrong venue and accidentally showed up for a funeral. 

• Haha 4

Never. Early on, I was good friends with someone who designed wedding gowns and she got invited to someone's as a decorator/planner or something. She took me along to help set up and all I remember was tons of unbearable lag and rubber banding and people crashing all over the place (this was in...2006 or 2007 or so). I didn't stay long.

Last year or so, I was invited to one that seemed to happen quite randomly (literally a hey get over here I'm getting married IM). Didn't bother showing up and went back to my shopping. 

• Like 1

I've been to several. The most memorable was when I attended the wedding of my ex-partner to her new partner. I brought along my own two then-partners.

We just stood there silently, like three little Banquo's ghosts at the feast. I trust we made the happy couple less so.

• Haha 1

I've been to two weddings. One a very long time ago and I was the best man - not because we were friends or anything along those lines, but because he didn't know any other male in SL. More recently I went to a friend's wedding, because I was invited and I didn't like to say no.

I never had a wedding, but I did have a partner at one time. It was very brief. I really wasn't ready to settle down - seriously, I wasn't.

56 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm betting the ceremony involves a blood pact?

Of course it does. What. Is there another way?

• Like 2

Yes. My RL housemate/landlady "married" her SL boyfriend. I was a bridesmaid and had to pick out a dress in the color she wanted. The wedding was lovely, but the marriage didn't last. She went to England to visit him and another friend there. He had excuses for why he couldn't see her, then told her when she got back that he was married in RL.   

• Sad 8

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yes. My RL housemate/landlady "married" her SL boyfriend. I was a bridesmaid and had to pick out a dress in the color she wanted. The wedding was lovely, but the marriage didn't last. She went to England to visit him and another friend there. He had excuses for why he couldn't see her, then told her when she got back that he was married in RL.   

Whoa wait...he let her travel all the way there without telling her that?! 😲

lhh-lhhatl.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Whoa wait...he let her travel all the way there without telling her that?! 😲

lhh-lhhatl.gif

Yup. She also got sick on the trip because her doctor had prescribe medication that interacted with another she was taking, so she was pretty miserable the whole trip.

Needless to say, she unpartnered and blocked him after he told her. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.