Why does it matter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There's nothing protective when someone wants to abuse you. It wouldn't matter how you were dressed in that dark alley.

Exactly, that was mistake number 1, number 2 was doing it at midnight and the icing on the cake is number 3 with the bikini. What woman in her right mind would do that?

This conversation is ridiculous.  And this is the end of it.

Almost all women sexually abused were not dressed provocatively. Go read some stats. It's an abuse of power. Violence. Having nothing to do with sexual attraction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cali Souther said:

Be it right or wrong,  there is some truth to this.....   If I go out in a sexy avatar,  the chances of getting hit on for Slex are much higher,  because some people still view it that way  (as an invitation).

And I am glad of it or that dressing up in sexy clothes would have been a waste of time and L$. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well, there might be one way..

Hey Ceka, where you going, we gotta get to the beach before the parking sucks!..

Ceka: I think I seen a cute lil puppy down this alley, BRB!

rule5_girls_with_guns_100.jpg

hehehe

This actually looks like one of my normal SL outfits. Minus the guns. Haven't needed those (I prefer axes).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

This conversation is ridiculous.  And this is the end of it.

Almost all women sexually abused were not dressed provocatively. Go read some stats. It's an abuse of power. Violence. Having nothing to do with sexual attraction.

Didn't comment on all the others, just this one example of the bikini, alley, midnight. If you were a juror in the case, would you not want to know the circumstances of why she was there dressed like that at that time?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

*There is one gender anomaly in my observations. I rarely see women riding lawnmowers in my neighborhood. They're usually digging around in the dirt, planting things. From this I could deduce that men don't like getting their hands dirty.

My Mom was out riding a tractor lawnmower at our ranch house when she was in her 70's. She played at making little vineyards when she was a kid. She was the best in her math classes in high school. She was a bomb fuse inspector in WWII, but could only be a secretary in the Core of Engineers after the war. She was a primary school teacher for most of her adult life, a single mother, a strong and independent woman, and a great role-model for me and for the girls in her classes. 

My Dad was an Engineer and post-retirement law student who treated me as an intelligent, strong-minded person, rather than as an old-fashioned gender role. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

Didn't comment on all the others, just this one example of the bikini, alley, midnight. If you were a juror in the case, would you not want to know the circumstances of why she was there dressed like that at that time?

Honestly, no.  What possible bearing could that have on the acts of the attacker or the crime that was commited?

ETA: Just so it's clear, trials are for judging the accused, not the victim.

Edited by Fluffy Sharkfin
Trials... how do they work?
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This actually looks like one of my normal SL outfits. Minus the guns. Haven't needed those (I prefer axes).

I spend a lot of my SL time in a bikini at the beach nowadays.. I'm always looking at all the different beaches..

As far as weapons in world, I just use the home button.. If somehow they find me there, Then I nuke them.

I would just kick them but I like the pretty cloud.. hehehe

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If you were triaging critically ill Covid-19 patients for placement on a limited supply of ventilators (potentially making you judge, jury and executioner) would you not want to know if they were vaccine deniers or HCQ/Ivermectin promoters?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No. Also a good prosecutor would get those questions struck from the record if they even had a chance to finish asking the question.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I spend a lot of my SL time in a bikini at the beach nowadays.. I'm always looking at all the different beaches..

As far as weapons in world, I just use the home button.. If somehow they find me there, Then I nuke them.

I would just kick them but I like the pretty cloud.. hehehe

It's actually super similar to one of the outfits I put my deer in - her "Wilderness Survival-chic" or "Zombie Apocalypse-fabulous" style. The axes go on her antlers with toilet paper, canned food, a pressure cooker, and other useful tools. 😂

Luckily, nobody seems to find it hot. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Honestly, no.  What possible bearing could that have on the acts of the attacker or the crime that was commited?

ETA: Just so it's clear, trials are for judging the accused, not the victim.

A trial is to discover what happened and why so there is no way they could they judge appropriately if the circumstances are not divulged? If the bikini clad girl was there voluntarily hoping to meet some degenerate for some rough sex, should that not have some bearing on the case? Of itself it would be very curious for a woman to go into a dark alley late at night dressed as she was. I would have to wonder if she was of sound mind to do something like that and question whether she was a danger to herself.

• Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

If the bikini clad girl was there voluntarily hoping to meet some degenerate for some rough sex, should that not have some bearing on the case?

No, it would not. Because wanting "rough sex" doesn't eliminate one's right to say "no" to anyone, at any time in the encounter.

That's why BDSM focuses upon consent, Arielle, and incorporates such features as "safe words," so that consent can be withdrawn at any time.

I would have to wonder if she was of sound mind to do something like that

This is an entirely different question from the first. It has nothing to do with whether or not a rape occurred.

• Like 2

A trial is to discover what happened and why so there is no way they could they judge appropriately if the circumstances are not divulged? If the bikini clad girl was there voluntarily hoping to meet some degenerate for some rough sex, should that not have some bearing on the case? Of itself it would be very curious for a woman to go into a dark alley late at night dressed as she was. I would have to wonder if she was of sound mind to do something like that and question whether she was a danger to herself.

There is no excuse, ever.

This isn't hard or even up for debate.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

If the bikini clad girl was there voluntarily hoping to meet some degenerate for some rough sex, should that not have some bearing on the case?

No, it would not. Because wanting "rough sex" doesn't eliminate one's right to say "no" to anyone, at any time in the encounter.

That's why BDSM focuses upon consent, Arielle, and incorporates such features as "safe words," so that consent can be withdrawn at any time. This is a concept that, once again, you seem to have some difficulties understanding.

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I would have to wonder if she was of sound mind to do something like that

This is an entirely different question from the first. It has nothing to do with whether or not a r*pe occurred.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hey now! Not all people that like rough sex are degenerates. Even so, if she was there to meet whomever and said "I changed my mind, stop" at that point if they don't stop it's considered sexual assault even if she was naked at the time and voluntarily took off her bikini.  See how your argument fails here.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Hey now! Not all people that like rough sex are degenerates. Even so, if she was there to meet whomever and said "I changed my mind, stop" at that point if they don't stop it's considered sexual assault even if she was naked at the time and voluntarily took off her bikini.  See how your argument fails here.  

You didn't actually say whether she had been raped:

So I'm guessing you would also believe that if a woman walks down a dark alley at midnight in her bathing suit she is asking to be sexually assaulted and she's partly to blame? That's what I hear from what you just posted.

So since it is your story, why was she in a dark alley at midnight in a bikini?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Apparently, women need to never leave home and just let the big strong alpha male protect us?    

I'm actually going to have to agree with Luna.  He must be trolling as no one could possibly be that ignorant.

I see that a few more members of the Ungus Bungus Brigade showed up - one even trying to "argue" an absolutely ridiculous scenario ...

To disclose a bit concerning RL: I do not go anywhere without carrying a knife or two. The only exceptions to this are Government buildings and the like. I carry such because I know quite well that I am a favored target of some types ... The joys of being visually ambiguous in presentation and giving off Femme vibes (to say nothing of the sort who will take all of that and assume which way I swing).

"But Solar, why not carry Mace or a firearm?" - If I have to defend myself, I am going to do so with intent (should not need to spell that out). As for a firearm, the only way I can acquire such (eyesight and other issues) is through buying parts and assembling it myself.

Edited by Solar Legion

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

why was she in a dark alley at midnight in a bikini?

"Relevance, your honor!"

Seriously for this to be relevant to her being assaulted you would have to argue that a woman in a dark alley at night wearing a bikini is more deserving of being assaulted and therefore has less rights than a woman wearing a raincoat at a grocery store in broad daylight, and that's just not how rights work.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So since it is your story, why was she in a dark alley at midnight in a bikini?

She was on her way to the talent portion of a midnight fishing rodeo featuring bikini's of the 21st century. She was late and taking a shortcut.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.