Where are the over 40 people?

Riley Brinner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Just go to any sim and mention 90s things, like Guns n Roses, or Pearl Jam, their Gen-X core compells them to react.  Also, look for plaid shirts on top of t-shirts.

Heeey we gave up the plaid in 1996!!! (well, mostly)...

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Gen-X is the 80's. Most of us graduated in the early 90's. The whole grunge thing was the young millennials. Why does everyone keep saying Xers are the 90's? We were born in the late 60's and the 70's. 

Grunge was a maaaaaaassive part of my high school experience (born late 70s, so not one of those Millennial rapscallions - on the cusp, if anything, but they start in what, 81?). If you couldn't name at least 17 top hits that repeated on MTV about a thousand times per day and weren't playing air guitar on your way to class, you were shunned by the masses!

But yes, I did grow up jamming to Al B. Sure and early Madonna and I'm not even ashamed of that. 80s kid/90s teen. Went from Smurf songs on vinyl to Prince on cassette to Alice in Chains on CD. What a time.

And now...I wanna bust out my Spotify grunge playlist. *air guitars her way out*

• Like 5

I am an over 50 rl. I was in sl my first time over 10 years ago. I got busy working, facing family issues, having grandbabies and Yada Yada you know. I missed sl but only so much. I came back around Feb. this year, I lost my rl dad and I just needed to shift my mind to other things to get back to rl. This time around I am absolutely impressed with the ppl I meet, everyone has been very kind ,helpful. And the sl world as well, the creativity, the imagination just blows my mind to be quite honest. This time I went premium. Believe me dancing is a whole new thing in a lag free zone. My avatar is mid 20s 30s she is me recapturing the years when I was raising my kids. I don't go to the adult zones so I am not really too worried about age. I just love meeting ppl learning about them. If the conversation doesn't click, doesn't  really matter the age I won't  pursue the friendship. I think it comes down to personality all ages have good and bad. But ya know I think there a lot of older ppl here, we tick a little bit different,not afraid to take our time.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Gen-X is the 80's. Most of us graduated in the early 90's. The whole grunge thing was the young millennials. Why does everyone keep saying Xers are the 90's? We were born in the late 60's and the 70's. 

I always forget the Gen-X pool is so broad, Im from the late 70s. my post was 100% self referential.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

"Am I the only Millennial in here?", said in the most whiney voice possible whilst munching on avocado toast. 

Rapscallion!!! Shoo shoo! 😂JK. ❤️

Hopefully you're an Elder Millennial, or as I saw it referred to on Twitter the other day - Eldritch Millennial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

"Am I the only Millennial in here?", said in the most whiney voice possible whilst munching on avocado toast. 

To be completely honest, I like avocado toast. Its good. That fru fru crap Starbucks sells is never entering my mouth, however. If I cant walk up to the counter and order a medium regular coffee without getting a dumbfounded look from the elder teen with enough face piercing's to be afraid of going near a CAT scan, I aint giving them my money. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

To be completely honest, I like avocado toast. Its good. That fru fru crap Starbucks sells is never entering my mouth, however. If I cant walk up to the counter and order a medium regular coffee without getting a dumbfounded look from the elder teen with enough face piercing's to be afraid of going near a CAT scan, I aint giving them my money. 

Sure, but where else can people go to get "Christmas" written on a paper cup, in order to make a point in their culture war tik-tok ?

• Haha 2

Approaching 50 .... I know SL'rs of 75, of 18 and all in between. I do found most being 35/55ish.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:07 PM, StarlanderGoods said:

Just go to any sim and mention 90s things, like Guns n Roses, or Pearl Jam, their Gen-X core compells them to react.  Also, look for plaid shirts on top of t-shirts.

Generation_timeline.svg.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

I'll be at The Forum Cartel tonight and every Wednesday from 6 pm SLT - 8 pm SLT ,  to see if people want to hang out there again like we did in the old days.

I'm in the 50 something crowd - so well over 40 :)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/205/39/27

Sadly that time is 2am to 4am here, so.................

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 6:04 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Generation X was technically born between 1965-1980  either way were all over 40 now

langsimple-290px-Generation_timeline.svg.png

3 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

I dunno what avo toast is lol. I will go google it. I'm thinking there must be more to it than slapping some avo on toast?

Ehhhhh, not really.. Make some toast, i prefer oat berry, lightly butter toast, slice an avocado into thin slices and layer it on the toast, enjoy. I sometimes add a poached egg or two if I wanna feel fancy like Applebees.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2022 at 4:27 AM, Bold Burner said:

Approaching 50 .... I know SL'rs of 75, of 18 and all in between. I do found most being 35/55ish.

Generation_timeline.svg.png

Where's the category for people who are not boomers or Gen X? This grouping of generations together so that they overlap far too much is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Every time I see it or hear it mentioned it makes me angry. I don't belong in any of these groupings and I am not alone. So thanks for leaving out a huge portion of the population.  Next thing you know they'll be calling us the Invisible Generation. 🤬

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.