Where are the over 40 people?

Riley Brinner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Winter Dismantled said:

I'm too young to be an X'er and too young to be a true Boomer... they call us Generation Jones.  At least that's what I read on the Internet.  So it must be true.  😜

I read that, too. Still wrong. Keeping up with the Joneses was the 50s. I was barely 3 months old at Christmas 1959. How the hell was I supposed to be keeping up with anyone? 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I read that, too. Still wrong. Keeping up with the Joneses was the 50s. I was barely 3 months old at Christmas 1959. How the hell was I supposed to be keeping up with anyone? 🙄

1959 puts you square in the Boomer generation.. 1946-1964... 

Generation_timeline.svg.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Late December 1963. I have a song named after me - not that one

Never get why you'all ( am I doing that right) feel the need to self label. Will give it a try. I call you'all the 'think a crap cheap cut of meat badly treated and the lowest offcut waste the better cos adverts and corporate'  + fries ( == badly done chips) is food...

Hence dubbed  'the unexplainable'. Covers 1925 to present day.

Label me - the time that music was so good it was so good. And it gets better. This side of the pond natch oh and all over the World

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Never get why you'all ( am I doing that right) feel the need to self label. Will give it a try. I call you'all the 'think a crap cheap cut of meat badly treated and the lowest offcut waste the better cos adverts and corporate'  + fries ( == badly done chips) is food...

Label me - the time that music was so good it was so good. And it gets better. This side of the pond natch oh and all over the World

It´s not an identity,  think of it as a horoscope, you were born in august, you are a Leo, you were born in whatever year you are a goat, you were born between 1946-64, you are boomer.

2 hours ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Y'all... 

24 minutes ago, StarlanderGoods said:

It´s not an identity,  think of it as a horoscope, you were born in august, you are a Leo, you were born in whatever year you are a goat, you were born between 1946-64, you are boomer.

But I don't think I'm a boomer.  😄 I was born in September 1964, so I'm just gonna think of myself as Gen X, 'cuz that fits my personality and friends groups better anyway. 

Btw, when does the Anthropocene epoch start? Maybe I should just say I'm in Gen Anthropocene?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

But I don't think I'm a boomer.  😄 I was born in September 1964, so I'm just gonna think of myself as Gen X, 'cuz that fits my personality and friends groups better anyway. 

Btw, when does the Anthropocene epoch start? Maybe I should just say I'm in Gen Anthropocene?

Born in September of 73.. As a full fledged member of Gen X I gladly give you an honorary Gen X key card. 

791e2d1919312d5133fcbb04e2c53608.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes! I watched MTV when it was actually mostly music videos. My first video game was Simon. My first computer was from Radio Shack, loaded with cassette tapes and played on my TV screen. I learned basic DOS, but never needed to use it. I used AOL dial up. I know how to use a map and a telephone book. I use a cell phone, but it's flip, so I print out directions from Google Maps. This is what a Gen Xer looks like.  😄

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm glad you and all those who laughed are enjoying yourselves at my expense. I don't find it funny one bit.

I never laughed at you. It was light hearted teasing on my part. It doesnt matter what the generation is called, its just the generation you were born into. No one is insulting you. The term "baby boomer" is derived from the boom in births that took place after the return of soldiers from WWII. Its not an insult. Hell, I grew up listening to the oldies station with my parents. I drive my kids nuts by popping on the 50's channel on Sirius XM  in the car when I drive them to school. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I couldn't care less if I'm referred to as a boomer.   People DO use it as an insult but eh, those are usually from millennials or Gen Zs.   Who takes them seriously?  😅

Nobody. You'll be forever in your mid 20's in my eyes Rowan ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm glad you and all those who laughed are enjoying yourselves at my expense. I don't find it funny one bit.

Oh noooo, don't take it like that. It's just a bit of light ribbing. Everyone loves you here that's why he feels comfortable enough to tease you a little ♡

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.