Extremely disappointed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Already was premium before so I wasn't getting it again. This was on an alt. Besides...L$1000 is $5.00 US Dollars. Not really worth paying premium just to get that. 

3 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

So your alt was premium already 2 years ago. You don't make things particularly clear. You clearly missed the point about first time premium users and the bonus. First time premium users get the bonus after 45 days of premium membership, so for a first time premium users to only be premium for one month makes no sense. Now buh bye

Pretty sure that was crystal clear.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

What would be the point of going premium for just one month? Does anyone actually do that?

start next discussion with reading the first post ... OP states clearly she STOPS being premium , so all discussion about keeping, renewing, subscribing is kinda off topic and a total derail about the subject.

15 hours ago, VyoletSugar said:

Cancel my membership for nothin, enjoy my $12 LindenLabs,....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Theresa Tennyson looks at the poster's unacceptably non-Vyolet name.

Theresa Tennyson scratches her head.

It's not the Vyolet part that she's unhappy with.

Vyolet (the name she wishes she had)

Eg

Vyolet (Devin)

Vyolet (Tennyson)

etc.

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Already was premium before so I wasn't getting it again. This was on an alt. Besides...L$1000 is $5.00 US Dollars. Not really worth paying premium just to get that. 

1 hour ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

So your alt was premium already 2 years ago. You don't make things particularly clear. Changing your replies to make it look like you did? You clearly missed the point about first time premium users and the bonus. First time premium users get the bonus after 45 days of premium membership, so for a first time premium users to only be premium for one month makes no sense. Now buh bye

btw, I didn't change my reply to make anything look like other than what I originally typed. I added the bolded part which is why you see "edited" I just don't conform to putting a reason why I edited the post as I see it as a waste of time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VyoletSugar said:

I got excited when I saw that I could actually get a last name and maybe even the first name that I really wanted. But wait! You can't change your name unless you become a "member" Yeah Ok worth it! Then I go to the change name page... But wait!!! On top of paying $12 a month to have a membership, you ALSO have to pay an additional $39.99 to actually change your name.. What a ripoff.

Great big sigh, I could have spent that $12 on lindens and bought a nice outfit.

Cancel my membership for nothin, enjoy my $12 LindenLabs, clearly you need it more than I

Your name is fab as it is, but you can potentially win a year's premium membership plus a last name if you submit a new last name that hasn't been used before and that Linden Lab decides they like enough to bring into the next batch of names.

Worth a go?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEQ2BuIh0BiwZyTYShEkQOkeJLbpVMLmKPTCsXSSRt1XeThw/viewform

Edited by Marigold Devin
Yes I did read a lot of Enid Blyton books as a child.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, VyoletSugar said:

I got excited when I saw that I could actually get a last name and maybe even the first name that I really wanted. But wait! You can't change your name unless you become a "member" Yeah Ok worth it! Then I go to the change name page... But wait!!! On top of paying $12 a month to have a membership, you ALSO have to pay an additional $39.99 to actually change your name.. What a ripoff.

Great big sigh, I could have spent that $12 on lindens and bought a nice outfit.

Cancel my membership for nothin, enjoy my $12 LindenLabs, clearly you need it more than I

While you're Premium be sure to get as much out of it as you can. You can have 70 groups, which don't disappear when you go back down to Basic. Use this bonus to join groups that have group gifts you like, plus a couple where you can rez stuff for free on their land. Also, if you've never been Premium before with this account, you get a $L 1000 bonus after you've been Premium for 45 days.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

While you're Premium be sure to get as much out of it as you can. You can have 70 groups, which don't disappear when you go back down to Basic. Use this bonus to join groups that have group gifts you like, plus a couple where you can rez stuff for free on their land.

And the premium packages at the Linden homes.  At least, the ones currently available.  My alt got all but the fantasy and houseboat packs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, VyoletSugar said:

True but I haven't even gotten that yet, did visit the house will need that $300 to get furniture

Not if you have 70 groups and know where to get good group gifts. Look at Apple Fall, Zerkalo, Trompe Loeil, and most of the nice furniture stores.

p.s.  Rowen is right. You can get a new Linden Home in each of the Linden Neighborhoods, then grab all the free landscaping and textures packs from them.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add p.s.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

If anyone goes premium strictly for the bonus and stipend there's a problem with their math.

about 10 years ago when LL occasionally offered 50% off 3 month plans and third party L$ exchanges were still allowed to operate i did exactly that. Just on stipend alone it worked out i got more L$ over 3 months than spending that same amount buying L$ from the exchange i used to use. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

And... only with the first subscription, if that one ends after a month it's gone

I don't think that's right, Alwin. The $L1,000 bonus is a one-time payment, that is paid after 45 days of continuous membership. So, as I see it, you could sign up for a month, cancel, then sign up again in the future, not cancel, and you'd get the bonus 45 days after you began your second go at Premium.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There is one that will let you into sim events that are packed, where basic accounts have to wait.. It comes in handy at times.

This! \0/
To swan into mega packed events without missing a beat when the horde has trouble even typing in chat, let alone TP-ing in,
reminds me of going RL nightclubbing in stretched limos. lolgif62074390805.gif.1a8a2a513fcb4cf5eae6509501be536d.gif 🥳
(Gfs and I used to share costs doing this a looong time ago because we knew the limo company owner -> cheap/shared rental fees).
Matryoshka doll limo arrives, peeps stumbling out 1/2 tanked, lolling raucously, instant entry and such an hilarious mess of
flying hair & breezy clothing. (tropics - very hot). In stark reality, a smart & safe choice because you're all together and
no one gets left alone or behind. 😉
It's nice when you're a nobody to pretend you're some v.i.p every now and then. ☺️ 
Oh to be 20 something again and living 3000kms from home lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:
20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There is one that will let you into sim events that are packed, where basic accounts have to wait.. It comes in handy at times.

This! \0/
To swan into mega packed events without missing a beat when the horde has trouble even typing in chat, let alone TP-ing in,

I thought it only let 1-2 premium in..for this "perk" (when the "limit" was otherwise met).

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought it only let 1-2 premium in..for this "perk" (when the "limit" was otherwise met).

You're correct.  It gives you priority but if it's already over the extra limit, you still wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought it was 5.. It may be different from sim to sim or something..

Maybe the limit is set by the sim owner or something.. I've been to some sales where basics couldn't get in after 45, but seen the cap at 50..

We were in the Genus group, this was a couple years ago if I remember right and I got in at a Scandalize sale at 49 and said in group, I got in!! \o/ 

Then one of my friends in the group that is premium also said, Ceka!! you took my spot!! hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're correct.  It gives you priority but if it's already over the extra limit, you still wait.

That explains it. Welp. This basic account won't be bothering to even try to get in anymore. Bad enough to be ostracized in RL, I get it in SL, too. Screw that.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.