Can singles also enjoy Valentine's Day? If so, what are some ways?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

All I can think about is eating candy and appreciating the heart-themed decorations....

There's always kick kiss dunk a Linden.

(It used to be kiss a Linden, but I think they objected to all the tongues, and cold sores are a b*gger to get rid of.)

(Photo me and Oskar 2011)

valentines.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
He wore protection - pre-covid masked!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Certainly,  you can do anything you want!   Maybe take a balloon ride?!  

Personally,  I would avoid going out to eat on V day tho...   (and Mother's Day) ... unless you don't live in a very populated area.   

Restaurants around me are --- packed - super packed - insane wait times....   not worth it!  :)

• Like 3

I think Valentine's day is really overrated. I found the best way to spend Valentine's day single is do something that is self care for you. Do something nice for yourself. When I was single I would watch my favorite movie or read a good book, have my favorite snack and a cup of tea. That has always been my self care routine. Why not get a small group together of people you know and all plan a day together of favorite things you all like to do in SL?

Hubby and I never really celebrate Valentine's day. He usually has to work. Since we have been together I have always gotten him something Deadpool themed on Valentine's day. We order take out and watch the Deadpool movies. Don't know why, but we always have connected Valentine's day and Deadpool together. Romantic huh? 😆 We like it though and that is all that matters. Although this year he got me a gift that brought me to tears. I'm deaf and have never been able to afford the hearing aid I need. He got me my first hearing aid and that just was everything. I found that really romantic. :)

Just keep in mind that Valentine's day seems to be geared to make singles and couples alike feel bad if you aren't with someone or can't afford the biggest and best of everything for that someone. It is stupidly ridiculous. Don't get me started on the amount of hearts everywhere. Hubby and I call it heart vomit. The sad thing is I used to love the heart shape, but now cannot stand it.

Just always be nice to yourself and take time for days of self care. Do things that make you happy whether single or with someone.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is always fun !   https://secondlife.com/destination/dunk-and-hug-a-linden-event    

https://secondlife.com/destinations/valentine

You don't have to be in love to have Valentine Day be enjoyable. Hang out with friends explore valentine themed sims and shopping sims, do what you enjoy.

Edited by colleen Criss
to add a link
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hug a Linden?   
You mean a tree?

800px-Tilia_tomentosa.jpg

I'm no huge Tilia fanboy to be honest.

On the other hand here in the province that I live in, Limburg, we have a brewery called lindeboom (Linden tree).
Now, their Saison special brew, is hug worthy to me.

55098-Lindeboom%20Saison%20bier.jpg

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, Nick0678 said:

Find another single person who likes valentines day and enjoy the day together. You don't have to be a couple or think long term, just have fun. Much better than choosing to be alone, unless you don't want to, so this day means absolutely nothing.

Last year for Valentine' Day, my two other single roommates and I had a lovely picnic in a historic cemetery. There were another group of gothic-dressed ladies there doing the same thing. We had fancy pastry, then walked around the graves and laughed at some of the things that were written on the headstones. No guys needed. We had a great time as single women enjoying each other's company.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

This is always fun !   https://secondlife.com/destination/dunk-and-hug-a-linden-event    

https://secondlife.com/destinations/valentine

You don't have to be in love to have Valentine Day be enjoyable. Hang out with friends explore valentine themed sims and shopping sims, do what you enjoy.

If you're not in the mood for traditional Valentine's Day stuff, there are probably some anti-Valentines Day Hunts in SL too. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Last year for Valentine' Day, my two other single roommates and I had a lovely picnic in a historic cemetery. There were another group of gothic-dressed ladies there doing the same thing. We had fancy pastry, then walked around the graves and laughed at some of the things that were written on the headstones. No guys needed. We had a great time as single women enjoying each other's company.

I was working night shift on that day but regardless of that the point is to enjoy every moment if you are able to. Glad that you girls had fun!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Hug a Linden?   
You mean a tree?

800px-Tilia_tomentosa.jpg

I'm no huge Tilia fanboy to be honest.

On the other hand here in the province that I live in, Limburg, we have a brewery called lindeboom (Linden tree).
Now, their Saison special brew, is hug worthy to me.

55098-Lindeboom%20Saison%20bier.jpg

Hugging trees on valentine's day definitely sounds like a good idea, with a beer or two. It will be a little too cold for a picnic I expect though. (I live near three Linden trees, they are always full of cheery robins and finches with pigeons for their audience. I live on the second floor and can hear them well, but my friend in number 24 has a proper birds eye view of the birds.)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I'm a genuine tree hugger for real!
Ex Royal Botanic Gardens staff member. 😻😍😻😇

When I was quite young, I was on a youth work program one summer and planted trees out in the middle of nowhere. Walk a few steps, slam the shovel looking thing into the ground, wiggle it to and fro, drop the seedling in, shove the hole closed with your steel toed boot, walk a few steps, one after another after another after another. Reforesting clearcuts is a major PITA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.