Can singles also enjoy Valentine's Day? If so, what are some ways?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:52 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

All I can think about is eating candy and appreciating the heart-themed decorations....

I would say, focus on loving yourself, and doing for yourself the sort of things that you would do for a lover if you had one. Pamper yourself a bit.  Perhaps a long relaxing bubble-bath. Cook yourself a nice meal and eat it in candle-light. Watch a sappy chick-flick. 

Be gentle to yourself.

And yes, chocolate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Before we moved 60 miles from home, my wife and I used to host a party for all our friends on V-day. We called it Palintines day. We would all get together, eat good food, drink good drink and watch chessy AF movies for several hours.

Hang with your friends. Make some new ones. Rent a Valentine for a few hours. Anything is possible in SL. 

15 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

When I was quite young, I was on a youth work program one summer and planted trees out in the middle of nowhere. Walk a few steps, slam the shovel looking thing into the ground, wiggle it to and fro, drop the seedling in, shove the hole closed with your steel toed boot, walk a few steps, one after another after another after another. Reforesting clearcuts is a major PITA.

image.png.ae85b5ab48b0cd8fad4f9cd2a19f3b9e.png

@Maryanne Solo You laugh like it was funny. It wasn't. It was hard, sweaty labor in over 95F heat. The only thing that made it all worthwhile is the fact that where there once were no trees and lots of erosion going on, there is now a forest that I played a large part in planting. That is something to be proud of, not laughed at for. You wouldn't like it either if you had been laughed at your whole life for doing things or thinking differently.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I would say, focus on loving yourself, and doing for yourself the sort of things that you would do for a lover if you had one. Pamper yourself a bit.  Perhaps a long relaxing bubble-bath. Cook yourself a nice meal and eat it in candle-light. Watch a sappy chick-flick. 

Be gentle to yourself.

And yes, chocolate.

Great ideas, but I personally hate sappy chick-flicks. Give me a creepy sci-fi series instead. 👽

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

image.png.ae85b5ab48b0cd8fad4f9cd2a19f3b9e.png

@Maryanne Solo You laugh like it was funny. It wasn't. It was hard, sweaty labor in over 95F heat. The only thing that made it all worthwhile is the fact that where there once were no trees and lots of erosion going on, there is now a forest that I played a large part in planting. That is something to be proud of, not laughed at for. You wouldn't like it either if you had been laughed at your whole life for doing things or thinking differently.

🤨
I laughed because we - 120 workers, were doing good 😍🌏 by doing that exact same work.
Better than my nurse, shop workers & secretary friends stuck inside all day 8-/
We MADE it fun for ages with water fights and rolling down hills in the mulch 😂 and we couldn't
have given a flying FIG what anyone else thought about it.
It was a privilege and we made it fun. Summer is generally way over 100c in this country.

I don't see what >my< problem is supposed to be? 
That we made 1600acres of gardens and you made a forest? 
I thought it pretty obvious Silent that I wouldn't ever be laughing AT you
for any reason. ❤️
I'm talkin bout my tree and I'll hug if I want to... hug if I want to... 😭
U would hug 2 if it happened tooo youuuu.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x6b12efd63204c71b%3A0xf017d68f9f25630!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMgsVnKHQBP9WPfld0PfsCVF19gyQlBPDqqbXLD%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5smt annan garden terrace garden - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMgsVnKHQBP9WPfld0PfsCVF19gyQlBPDqqbXLD&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmq6bVsP71AhVn8XMBHU3zAN4Qoip6BAhQEAM

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 3

I mostly forgot what this day is, as I got a burst of energy and cleared out a lot of rubbish in RL*.  I didn't bother with Shop'n'Hop and I'm not going to any events, which is cheaper and more relaxing. :) 

[Edit]  I ended up going to an event after all - half an hour of a Tinies' dance.  I wanted to see Tiny friends and wear a silly hat.

Yes, I'd prayed for it. :) 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.