I have no friends.

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After years of absence, I returned and reset my SL.
Of all the people I had on the friendlist I only remember 8 and those I have kept.
Now is time to open myself to the world.
- I'm a grown man.
- I'm a punk, refined and spartan at the same time.
- I am an artist and SL is above all an artistic and philosophical experience for me.
- i like to laugh and joke.
- basically I have a troll spirit, but in the good sense of the word.
- I don't care about sex and politics here.
- I don't really like IM chatting, I prefer local chat and gestures.
If you like, add me to your friendlist and sometimes we meet.

Forget to add: I am a builder, very expert in Blender.

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

I will friend you, understand  we cannot just add each other, we both have to be online for friend requests to work. Also understand that if my girlfriend is on I am not going to be thinking about checking if your on, but there are times when she isn't and one of those times I will check on you. If you are on I will send a request. We can have some philosophical artistic discussions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Help others. you will have friends. 

Most of my friends are people I have helped or people who have helped me.  Or people interested in stuff I'm interested in. Usually, over time, it's both. 

No one cares if you're expert in 'x' or the sharpest knife in the drawer.  They care if you can help them with the thing they need help with... or if you listen when they're trying to help you and can hold a conversation.

If you are kind, if you're not obnoxious, if you're interested in something they are interested in... if you're funny, but not at other people's expense.   If you don't ask them for friendship before you've had a conversation about SOMETHING.  If you don't ask for sex or money.

If you're not a needy, negative, creepy, stalkery person...

The bar in SL is actually relatively low.  Don't be a jerk.

Bon Chance.

• Like 8

On 1/29/2022 at 5:52 AM, DeepBlueJoy said:

If you're not a needy, negative, creepy, stalkery person...

The bar in SL is actually relatively low.  Don't be a jerk.

I'm not sure what you mean. 
Who are the needy, negative, creepy, stalker, jerks? 
The ones who go around telling people they don't know to don't be needy, negative, creepy, stalker, jerks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Don't be a Jerk is a good general rule on online, in SL or in RL. Figuring out what constitutes being a jerk is a harder, but here are a few clues:

1. Are you doing or saying something that could hurt your feelings if someone else did it or said it to you?   If yes, then that's being a jerk.

2. Are you doing or saying something to make yourself feel smarter, cooler, or more important than the other person?   If yes, then that's being a jerk.

3. Are you defending someone or some group of people from someone who is putting them down?   If yes, then that's not being a jerk.

4. Are you trying to give advice or educate someone, not just putting them down or calling out their ignorance to make them look bad?   If yes, then that's not being a jerk.

5. Are you stating an opinion or belief as an opinion or belief, not as a fact?   If yes, then that may or may not be being a jerk. 

6. Are you using words and wording that sound intelligent, but are really just BS to make yourself sound intelligent?  If yes, then that's being a jerk.

7. Are you trying to be considerate, kind and helpful?  If yes, then that's not being a jerk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Don't be a Jerk is a good general rule on online, in SL or in RL. Figuring out what constitutes being a jerk is a harder, but here are a few clues:

1. Are you doing or saying something that could hurt your feelings if someone else did it or said it to you?   If yes, then that's being a jerk.

2. Are you doing or saying something to make yourself feel smarter, cooler, or more important than the other person?   If yes, then that's being a jerk.

3. Are you defending someone or some group of people from someone who is putting them down?   If yes, then that's not being a jerk.

4. Are you trying to give advice or educate someone, not just putting them down or calling out their ignorance to make them look bad?   If yes, then that's not being a jerk.

5. Are you stating an opinion or belief as an opinion or belief, not as a fact?   If yes, then that may or may not be being a jerk. 

6. Are you using words and wording that sound intelligent, but are really just BS to make yourself sound intelligent?  If yes, then that's being a jerk.

7. Are you trying to be considerate, kind and helpful?  If yes, then that's not being a jerk.

7 points is not enough.
Can you add 12 more?

• 2 weeks later...

You never told anyone of your expertise with Blender Tami.
And let me tell you, a kind advice giver for mesh is a very good place to be.
Offer some general advice, be a helper for noobs? Accept questions?
They'd love you forever and instant respect! if you give knowledge generously.
I don't offer the same because no-one uses 3ds Max and my work is RL only.

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.