Do You Put Your Avatar to Bed When You Log Off?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On a related note.  early on when I was much more into RP on RP sims than I am now, I'd go park my avatar in a bathroom, on the porcelain, when I went afk to do the same thing IRL.  it was an affectation but I felt it  added a bit of fun to the experience and scenes.  I still do that occasionally even now years later.  I figure if I have to go, my avi might too.

especially since if I have coffee IRL (and I'm at home ISL),  I'll give my avi a cuppa as well.  :P

(edit to add: yes, I am a silly geek who anthropomorphizes my avatars way too much.  why do you ask? )

Edited by Anna Salyx
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

They pushes the red button.

At that instant, I log off.

This gives me an idea. Create a big red button. It could have a sign on it. "Don't Push This Button" maybe, or "Murder Madelaine McMasters".  It is scripted so that when touched, the button sends you (Maddy, that is, not the person doing the pushing): "LOG OFF NOW!" Maddy logs off, and the button pusher is left with the impression they've booted her off the grid.

The button could also say in local chat something like, "Madelaine McMasters is now deceased. Target has been changed to (insert name of button pusher)."

The name of this device could be "KILL SWITCH"

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I used to leave mine parked in the bedroom, but I had to stop doing that because every time I would log back in, she'd be in the sack sound asleep, clothes, blankets and sheets strewn everywhere. And I happen to know for a fact those boxers were not hers! I keep trying to catch him sneaking out, but he must leave before she falls asleep.

1.jpg?ip=x480

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This gives me an idea. Create a big red button. It could have a sign on it. "Don't Push This Button" maybe, or "Murder Madelaine McMasters".  It is scripted so that when touched, the button sends you (Maddy, that is, not the person doing the pushing): "LOG OFF NOW!" Maddy logs off, and the button pusher is left with the impression they've booted her off the grid.

The button could also say in local chat something like, "Madelaine McMasters is now deceased. Target has been changed to (insert name of button pusher)."

The name of this device could be "KILL SWITCH"

There was an empty double switch plate on the wall of the engineering lab which got me curious. I removed the plate to look inside the box and found it equally empty, no wires coming or going. Nature and I both abhor vacuums, so I built a little circuit to fire off an alarm (I removed from a smoke detector) for 10 seconds whenever a little red button was pushed. Once started, there was no way to stop it, and it was LOUD. I mounted the button at the bottom of the plate, and wrote "Do NOT push!" above it.

When I left the company, maybe 10 years later, the button was still there, still running on the original battery, and still luring people in a few times a year.

As for "Murder Madeleine McMasters", are you nuts? If I put that button in my skybox, I'll get "Region Full" messages every time I try to go there.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 1/19/2022 at 12:51 AM, Anna Salyx said:

On a related note.  early on when I was much more into RP on RP sims than I am now, I'd go park my avatar in a bathroom, on the porcelain, when I went afk to do the same thing IRL.  it was an affectation but I felt it  added a bit of fun to the experience and scenes.  I still do that occasionally even now years later.  I figure if I have to go, my avi might too.

Funny thing I did once or twice when at my favourite adult club (which happens to be in a beach), if I went AFK for a bathroom break, I'd walk my avatar into the sea. Because you just know that everyone pees in the sea. It was funny once or twice but more than that would probably have been a bit silly.

I always return to my home spot (which is in my bedroom) before logging off, but I don't actually lay on the bed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That's not all people do in the sea. Some things float.

I will never forget that. He tried to keep it from washing ashore. What makes it even funnier is his (real) last name was Wilder.

🤢🤮

• Haha 1

When my avi is home I do put him to bed but lately I been wandering mainland and I have a wearable tent, sleeping bag and campfire and before I log I get in a sleeping back in the tent whereever I leave off on the side of a mainland road.

Sometimes I also look for roadway motels to sleep in etc. Makes things more fun and immersive. 

• Like 3

Before being logged out I usually go to my sky platform and make sure I'm wearing sensible everyday clothes ready for being logged in next time.

In the 15 years I've been in SL I've only put myself to bed on-line about half a dozen times.

What do I do when I'm disconnected from RL?  Apart from sleeping, eating, etc., I take my turn cleaning the club and maintaining its garden. Linden robots come and do some of the chores at night but they don't like polishing brass and there's a lot of that in the club.😁

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:14 AM, Ziggy Starsmith said:

When my avi is home I do put him to bed but lately I been wandering mainland and I have a wearable tent, sleeping bag and campfire and before I log I get in a sleeping back in the tent whereever I leave off on the side of a mainland road.

Sometimes I also look for roadway motels to sleep in etc. Makes things more fun and immersive. 

So. Cool!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.