Do I have any rights to report a seller to linden labs?

Dakota Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

No, no. No one's refusing transactions that I know of- that's the part that surprises me, considering how often these types of issues come up.

Although I will admit that I did dispute an SL transaction once with one of my cards- they didn't even question it, simply waived it. Whether that's due to it being SL or the small amount, I don't know.

That said, I am aware of other virtual stores that do prohibit use of their assets in SL, because of the way things are handled here.

Which virtual stores do you have in mind?   TurboSquid's standard licence says

Using TurboSquid 3D Models in Virtual Worlds.
This use is prohibited if the virtual world-type is an open MMO, like Second Life. However, the use is allowed if the MMO is a closed MMO, like World of Warcraft. More specifically, the 3D Model may not be exported or sold.

but, as you'll see, the problem is that SL is a particular kind of platform, not that they don't trust the Lab.     

In point of fact, I once contacted TurboSquid to see if there was any way I could use some of their materials in SL, and once they had my assurance that the items were intended simply as props and decor for a build in which I was involved, and I promised I'd not give or sell them to anyone, they were OK with the idea.    We didn't use the modesl in the end, because when we uploaded them, we found some weren't really suitable, but TurboSquid, at least, didn't seem to have anything against LL at the time (must have been 8 or 9 years ago, though, so maybe things have changed)..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If they have a marketplace page and that hair has comments, you can add a comment to any review there (if you didn't buy it on marketplace, you can't write your own review) but you can comment on a review of the product if there are other reviews, and be detailed about what happened where and how and at least warn others.  I've seen sellers respond to these kinds of posts b/c they don't want the bad publicity.  No idea if it will work or if they have a marketplace.  Good luck.

3 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

It looks like the store may be undergoing a "re-branding", and that perhaps the vendor you purchased from was from the small section of the store with some of her older hairs...  so perhaps she isn't as concerned about those vendors as she is with setting up the newer section of the store?  

It is in the newer part of the store, it is a new release, she released 3 new hairs in October, they were part of the N21 event I believe before they were available in the store

I think just keep trying to contact the seller. If the person doesn't respond back after a month has passed. Personally I wouldn't bother buying from that person and store and place again. I think it is quite unprofessional and very bad business to ignore a customer. Now could be the creator is busy but if lots of time passes and you don't hear anything back. You would be better off walking away and buying hair from elsewhere. It is totally understandable that designers get busy but if there is a fault with a product it needs reporting and fixing. So it is good that you are trying to IM the hair seller. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Now I'm intrigued. Businesses are refusing to complete transactions with LL? Is it possible to see what grounds they cite for that refusal? Is it really about conditions similar to the OP's situation here?

The best example I can think of is Twitch (the live-streaming platform). Second Life is a prohibited game. If a streamer broadcasts or uploads content showing Second Life, then they can be reported -  they can face a strike or a temporary account suspension. 

The reasoning doesn't have anything to with Second Life's payment platforms, so it's not about conditions similar to OP's situation. It's based on the content of Second Life itself, namely the presence of content contrary to Twitch's community guidelines in Second Life and the inability for the streamer to completely prevent such content from appearing. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DeepBlueJoy said:

If they have a marketplace page and that hair has comments, you can add a comment to any review there (if you didn't buy it on marketplace, you can't write your own review) but you can comment on a review of the product if there are other reviews, and be detailed about what happened where and how and at least warn others.  I've seen sellers respond to these kinds of posts b/c they don't want the bad publicity.  No idea if it will work or if they have a marketplace.  Good luck.

This is no longer possible.

As has already been said, Linden Lab will not intervene.

One thought came to mind, that you sent notecards, but some creators ask that you do NOT send notecards and instead send an IM instead. Offline IMs go to email but notecards don't, so she may never know that you have sent her any notecards at all.  So at the very least, send her an IM and let her know that you've sent notecards already.

If she still doesn't reply after that, well you'll know not to buy from there again.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

As has already been said, Linden Lab will not intervene.

One thought came to mind, that you sent notecards, but some creators ask that you do NOT send notecards and instead send an IM instead. Offline IMs go to email but notecards don't, so she may never know that you have sent her any notecards at all.  So at the very least, send her an IM and let her know that you've sent notecards already.

If she still doesn't reply after that, well you'll know not to buy from there again.

Already tried that, and on the wall at the store, it clearly states to send all info on a notecard to her as her IMs get capped. I have actually had a couple of responses from a couple of other customers on the Flickr group profile, who have actually sent her messages also with regards to the wrong hair being in the vendor. Am glad I now know I am not the only one with this same issue. Can only be a bad result in the end for this Seller if more people are having this same issue with no response, despite the fact she has been online. A re branding of the store and name is not going to help, if you are ignoring the people still keeping you in business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

This is no longer possible.

You cannot comment on MP reviews anymore?  Interesting.  That is dumb. So no recourse anywhere? Sigh. 

When I have an issue with someone, I write them IM AND copy that IM to a notecard - so they always get both.  Mostly I have gotten responses, but sometimes it's taken a negative review on MP.  if you buy stuff in store, however, there's no mechanism to review.  No idea what to do then.  And a lot of the non store groups don't want you to mention stuff about specific stores in their groups.  Seems as though it would serve their members.  I have no idea.  It's a free for all, I guess.  Grrr. Argh. 

I hope you hear from the seller.

• Like 1

I have no idea how redelivery terminals work; do they use the store vendors? Maybe it would be worth trying a redelivery to see what you get.

Also, the seller's profile Picks say to contact a different person with questions. Might want to give that a try.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can only comment on MP items if you purchased the item from the MP.  They don't allow random comments from just anyone - and that is actually a good thing.

You used to be able to comment on the reviews other people posted, whether or not you had purchased the item. That is no longer an option. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Grace Itano said:

I tried reaching out via their Flickr account, public and private message, but still again no reply. I am just surprised more than anything considering this hair seller has been in SL selling hair for a lot of years now.

Flickr messages can go unread (honestly Flickr is a rubbish on notifications).   Do they have a Facebook?

Another tact- abuse report the vendor machine - you can right click it (think you then have to hit "more" a few times to get report) - and select Fraud.   Not sure whether anything will happen, but as it's not delivering the advertised product and taking money,  it will at least flag it.  I would also IM the creator (no notecard) as a final polite attempt to state you would love to get the correct hair today, if not, as you haven't heard back you'll sadly have to report the vendor to stop other customers having the same incorrect item.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2021 at 6:14 PM, Grace Itano said:

Back in November I made a purchase with a popular well known Hair seller.

I received the wrong hair, so i checked the vendor link in the store and the wrong hair is actually loaded into their vendor.

I sent them a notecard, (which is stated to do in their profile) and 2 weeks later still had no response. I put everything required in the notecard, the date the pack i was purchasing and the transaction number.

I sent a 2nd notecard again with all the information, stating this was the 2nd notecard I have sent them. I also checked the group to see that the owner had not in fact been online during that time, so didn't worry over it too much.

Since then, the owner has been online, has not responded to either of my notecards, I have sent a 3rd request, I have gone back to the store even and checked the vendor and still the wrong hair is loaded into the vendor, I feel I have been very patient thus far, but feel I should have had some response or at least been sent the correct package. Do I have any rights to pursue this with Linden Labs?

You have the right to file a report just as LL has the right to not do anything about it.

Most, if not all, Lindens will tell you, "When in doubt, file the report and let us (LL) sort it out."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.