GACHA 2021

ChicYoda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perfect way to run off Second Lifes last few active players. This makes no sense without actually implementing something new, it's just taking away. I smell a rat. Recently the state of California sued Activision/Blizzard for grosse and I mean way overboard grosse conduct within the company. Is this going on in this online company? This decision to remove. How about doing something CONSTRUCTIVE, UPDATE YOUR GAME ENGINE, IT'S EXTREMELY POOR, OUT OF DATE AND BASICALLY MAKES THE GAME UNPLAYABLE FOR MOST. 100% OUT OF TOUCH WITH IT'S OWN COMMUNITY, AGAIN. THUMBZ DOWN. I'd like my money back for investing in gacha scripts and machines and the uploads for advertisements for it. How about that, will you pay me my money back?  It's why I spend most of my time someplace else now.

Edited by ChicYoda
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I hope it's Kirsten Linden who locks these threads. I love the animated gifs she uses.

Posting just for the purpose of getting a thread locked is a good way to get yourself banned -- and not just this sock puppet account, but all of your accounts.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

LL could have come up with an alternative solution to the Gacha's before bringing the hammer down on them.

LL did not come up with gachas in the first place, so why would LL have to come up with an alternative?
Nearly everything you can find in SL started as the idea of, and is made by one or more members of the community. So it is up to the community to come up with an alternative, and the community will. It may take a short while or a long time, but someone will come up with an alternative.
Maybe you!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, ChicYoda said:

the current one is in fact broken and is not allowing me to post. Maybe they can fix that too. So to answer your question, YES.

It is likely not allowing you to post because you were probably using an account that is new to the forums and those accounts are limited to 5 posts on their first day.

• Like 2

@TDD123  I don't have that much gacha items, maybe 1%, but I still spent my own money doing it, and time lets not forget that, it's extremely time consuming. Just think of the people that it's all they do basically, how much money they spent on uploads, spending their own money for something that will now ban them.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

LL did not come up with gachas in the first place, so why would LL have to come up with an alternative?
Nearly everything you can find in SL started as the idea of, and is made by one or more members of the community. So it is up to the community to come up with an alternative, and the community will. It may take a short while or a long time, but someone will come up with an alternative.
Maybe you!

Maybe if LL fixed some of its marketplace tools and viewer UI, that would be possible. 

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChicYoda said:

Perfect way to run off Second Lifes last few active players.

I've had a script on my land to monitor concurrent users of SL. It's been running for about 10 years now - though I reset it last year and carried the numbers forward...

In that time, the average concurrent users has remained almost solidly rock steady.

The highest point I ever saw was maybe a decade ago: just over 75,000, but right after my reset I came within a few dozen of meeting it again. The lowest number I ever logged, some 5000 or so, was in the same month as that high value a decade ago.

Over all this time, it's remained solidly around 40,000-50,000 during US peak hours, and dipping by about half that for any time of day someone in North America might be awake to look. As in... if it gets lower than that at 3:37am in the morning, I missed seeing it... ;)

But point is... SL is not and has NOT been declining. In fact over the last 2 years the average number shifted up by about 5,000 or so, from usually the mid-low 40k range to often the mid-high 40k / low 50k.

While being a gambling junkie is popular in SL, I don't imagine it's even a large number of the playerbase. I suspect even most Gatcha users are not junkies - so they will survive the drugs being pulled off the table.

Also, isn't ALL discussion of the Gatcha policy change supposed to be here:

?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@MelodicRain   Perfect example of a  toxic gamer.  I'm not going to ask why you even think that or why you didn't read a few of the posts before you spoke. It's about removing and banning it's gamers for using something INGAME, that they spent their own money on and wont be reimbursed.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ChicYoda said:

@MelodicRain   Perfect example of a  toxic gamer.  I'm not going to ask why you even think that or why you didn't read a few of the posts before you spoke. It's about removing and banning it's gamers for using something INGAME, that they spent their own money on and wont be reimbursed.

They knew the risks when they started selling gachas. If they didn't, that is on them for not doing the necessary research before jumping off the proprietor cliff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ChicYoda said:

It's about removing and banning it's gamers

Who is removing or banning gamers?  They are removing a game.  They aren't removing anyone's content.  They can still sell their content.  Like the majority of SL merchants.  Just not in a gacha.  Get a grip.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ChicYoda said:

Perfect way to run off Second Lifes last few active players. This makes no sense without actually implementing something new, it's just taking away. I smell a rat. Recently the state of California sued Activision/Blizzard for grosse and I mean way overboard grosse conduct within the company. Is this going on in this online company? This decision to remove. How about doing something CONSTRUCTIVE, UPDATE YOUR GAME ENGINE, IT'S EXTREMELY POOR, OUT OF DATE AND BASICALLY MAKES THE GAME UNPLAYABLE FOR MOST. 100% OUT OF TOUCH WITH IT'S OWN COMMUNITY, AGAIN. THUMBZ DOWN. I'd like my money back for investing in gacha scripts and machines and the uploads for advertisements for it. How about that, will you pay me my money back?  It's why I spend most of my time someplace else now.

oh bore off .... and in before they lock the thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.