Should Resident Trees Be Allowed In Bellisseria & Should Each Theme Content Pack Include A Selection of Optimized Trees To Go With Theme

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not to be too nit picky but as I've traveled around Bellisseria I've noticed giant grey blob after blob, large trees, that are slow to rez and most seem out of theme and seem to take away from the natural landscape.

It seems like a shame that most people try very hard to get the home they love and then a neighbor plants giant trees that does not quite fit the theme, and display as grey blobs. 

I've made a suggestion to Jira to have add option to derender object, I use the official viewer so unsure if other viewers have that ability. Which would be fine if a neighbor had invasive plant species, but when I travel around like go down a street, any street really, its grey blob after grey blob, only resident plants, but not official ones. 

Also, I think it would be neat to have a selection of trees in content packs for residents to use if their parcel needs that extra tree or two I guess 500 if you desire your parcel to be totally surrounded by trees?

While i'm suggesting / wondering;

I think the content packs should be located in one of the premium areas, like a little premium area shopping content mart (premium LH content island). I love the camper nipple lights in the stilt home and the dangling ones for the porches. Why do I have to physically move into a theme to enjoy the content? I think the camper dinette is cute anywhere. I think doors are valuable everywhere. I kind of like the without doors and option to add a door personally. Anyways, the mailbox could provide teleport (and also set home to here so new users can easily find their home) to the shopping area for official starter home furnishings and tips and tricks sorta like how social island has the arrow automation thing showing how to place objects and be good on instruction for how to find them in the inventory. Maybe a cute little sandbox sorta like help island has, finding stuff in inventory and dragging and dropping it was really hard for me to grasp when I first started. Maybe cute little classes? 

For the official viewer I think the map tool bar button should be one of the defaults vs having to manually add it (new residents would not know how to add it initially; and because this platform was originally designed for builders I think the build button on the tool bar (for the official viewer) should be added as default as well).  The hammer icon very powerful. 

There was something else but I forgot. 

Thoughts? 

I'm not a fan of blob trees. (before mentioning I should tweak my settings, trust me I have). and I think trees should be in the content packs located on content pack island :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I've made a suggestion to Jira to have add option to derender object, I use the official viewer so unsure if other viewers have that ability.

Yes - I don't quite understand why they haven't done that yet. Makes life much more pleasant.

Also, I think it would be neat to have a selection of trees in content packs for residents to use if their parcel needs that extra tree or two

Yes - just as if you have bought a mainland parcel you can rez Linden trees, it would be great to be able to add the in theme trees to our LH home too. They did provide some plants in the content packs, which is great, but I'd love to see trees added too.

I think the content packs should be located in one of the premium areas...

I'm sure this has been suggested in other threads, I think it's a great idea. I'd love to have some of the content from other themes (tulips for example). Maybe they are concerned residents would jazz up their homes too much in a different theme, making the home look out of place.

• Like 3

Also, I think this is what I forgot. On this hypothetical content pack island have all themes / houses laid out for every theme so users can demo the houses and see when new ones styles for each theme are available. Maybe an update board so we know oo new floor plan for such and such theme. There's not really a place to demo the themes of the linden homes, with home (interior and exterior) decorating ideas using only linden home official content. The designers are very talented and I would love to see more starter official home furnishings added all the time. A region for each theme mix and match content tastefully tips. A premium place to shop (for free furnishings).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think the content packs should be located in one of the premium areas...

I'm sure this has been suggested in other threads, I think it's a great idea. I'd love to have some of the content from other themes (tulips for example). Maybe they are concerned residents would jazz up their homes too much in a different theme, making the home look out of place.

I thought about that too like would a palm tree fit in the traditional area? Some traditional areas have beaches. Would somebody please send this nice lady some tulips. I had to house hop to collect all the content packs, I can say for certain my potted tulips fit perfectly my stilt home's deck.

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 1

I am not sure what to say about allowing only LL approved trees. It sounds very restrictive. A ban on sculpt trees maybe? So many does not read the covenant already, and to have some trees restricted and others not, would lead to massive amounts of reports. I am not sure how LL's staff would deal with all the reports they would get about ppl breaking the covenant. Would they have time for it in addition to their other work?

I am 100% for the idea of letting Premium users get all the content packs, without having to abandon the home they like, just to get the content pack for the other styles. It is petty of LL and I have written about this in the forum many times. So has others. LL do not care.

I also approve of LL trees in the content packs. The downside is that they are very high in Li. It is way too much for me... I can not use trees with 50 Li just so people can see them 1000 m away. I do not remember the Li for the weeping willows, but are they not 50 Li or more?

It must be possible to make trees that rez better and have an acceptable land impact, but should LL then make a list over approved tree creators? It would be a lot of discontent among us, and speculations about that the sellers are alts of moles or LL staff.

So I don't know.... my rambling end with yes to all content packs available for Premium users, and yes to include trees. We can decide if we want to use the trees or not, but we should have the option. The palm trees are low in Li and would be very popular.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify
  • Like 12

38 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure what to say about allowing only LL approved trees. It sounds very restrictive.

I completely concur. There comes a point at which there is simply too much regulation on what people can do in their linden homes.

What is next? banning non-LL approved boats at houseboats and Chalets?  Disallowing certain types of flowers (roses, etc) log cabins because they dont match the types of flowers in the Linden landscaping?

I am, however, in complete agreement with the suggestion/JIRA that LL allow people to Derender (and also Derender&Blacklist) objects of their choice. Some other viewers (including Firestorm) already do that, and it comes in very handy when the neighbors put up something you want to look at.

• Like 11

I like the idea of LL including the trees in the content packs, but possibly one reason why they haven't done it is that they are quite high in terms of LI, so you might get a situation where a resident "does the right thing" and uses a couple of LL trees, only to suddenly wonder why they've run out of prims O.o

Regarding the grey blob issue - I'm not sure that has anything to with a certain tree or item. I've noticed a large increase over the past month (maybe two) of many textures appearing grey and taking forever to rez in. I was guessing that it was just me but the topic has been brought up in several groups I am in, so it seems to be an increasing trend at the moment for a lot of people, for whatever reason.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paulsian said:

On this hypothetical content pack island have all themes / houses laid out for every theme so users can demo the houses and see when new ones styles for each theme are available.

I've suggested this more than once - have a demo region(s) somewhere so that you can take a look around the houses. Sure, you can cam in on existing houses, but I think it's nicer to keep some demos up, just like the demo's they provide prior to each theme release.

• Like 1

I agree that the content packs should be somewhere that all Premium members can get them.  They already have their Premium gift kiosks, so they definitely have a way of dispensing an item based on membership status.  They did that with the old Linden Homes, so not sure why they don't for these new ones.

7 hours ago, Paulsian said:

I think it would be neat to have a selection of trees in content packs for residents to use if their parcel needs that extra tree or two

None of the plots in any theme already have trees on them, thus all added trees are extra.  All LL trees are always planted outside of the actual parcel.  I would aggressively campaign against a rule that only allowed Linden trees.  The LL trees are designed to be seen from quite a distance by people on dinosaur computers - thus the high LI of them.   In the Traditional homes, the trees are pretty much all 31 LI -- that is 72 LI for someone that just wants to add 2 trees to their yard.  In the Camper area, the trees range from 8 LI for a tiny pine, all the way up to 50.  The Log Homes and the Chalets use mostly the same trees as the Campers, with the addition of one or two taller ones that go up to 93 LI each.  The Victorians use mostly the same trees as the Traditionals, with some of the Camper/Log pines thrown in, as well as some beautiful willows (previously mentioned) that are 86 & 119 LI.  Nobody can afford to give up that much LI on their trees.

There are quite a few things that folks do to their Linden Homes that I, personally, do not like (pink glowing trees), and much of it does not rez quickly for me, but I don't want the rules to be super tight either.  LL is trying to strike a balance in what is allowed and not.  They don't want the rules super tight for many reasons, one of which is that it definitely will increase the required governance to deal with all the ARs that would come in. They likely already have tons to deal with since some folks love to complain about everything.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 10

YES:

• Derender in the main viewer
  • Central place for premium members to pick up LH content packs.  I don't know why this can't be just a vendor at the ancient Mole Mart or even at Meauxle Bureaux.  It's important to remember that the moles are contractors, and LL owns all the content they build.  Moles cannot themselves decide to give what they build for LL away.

NO:

• Include Linden Home trees in content packs

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get my hands on all the Linden Home landscaping content.  Beautiful work.  I would put their gorgeous 80-LI Vic willows on our property in Rosehaven in a New York minute.  In fact, when LL included their hydrangeas in a pack, I threw out the ones I had bought at Heart Gardens, because the LODs on the LL ones are noticably better, and the LI is quite reasonable.  I kept the Reid Parkin roses I have, which are very similar to the ones in a LH pack, only because they're full perm.

And therein lies the rub.

The moles are often residents who sell their goods inworld.  I don't think this list of residents who have become moles is up to date, but cast your eyes over it and you'll see people who have stores and are regularly selling content at Collaborate, for example.  People who are premium often also buy a lot of SL content for pleasure.  Give away the LH trees and it MIGHT have an impact on Landscaping businesses in SL. 

It is quite possible that the employment contract for moles includes a clause that the mole must approve LL giving away any content they build.  I sure would want such a clause if I were a mole.

Personally, I enjoy seeing the landscaping that other people use, and I frequently make a trip to the marketplace or inwold store (who doesn't love going to The Looking Glass?) when I see a planting that I particularly like.  I may totally forget that I own that thing later, but I also enjoy ploughing around in my inventory when gardening.  It wouldn't be nearly as much fun if I were limited in what I could use.

If were were limited to using LL content, or even just LL trees, the parcels would be totally rezzable, and quite boring.  I would be humming "Little boxes, little boxes, and they're all made out of ticky-tacky .." a lot when I travel Belli.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think scale as large part to do with land impact, the tropical ones seem very reasonable, i've spotted some cute pines less than 20 L. Now a 1 L tree is probably not the greatest quality, maybe if you are sitting under it; but the neighbors are going to see a mess. 

I'm seeing a lot of blah bamboo trees the colors are way to dark, don't fit the pallet, and they are scaled pretty large; residents use to provide parcel privacy (I get that) but a way to derender them and doing so also derenders all of them everywhere. Never show me these bamboo trees ever again. Or the glowing blobs. Or anything that moves, that is grey and glowing, lol. 

Or some sort of logic built into to graphics setting. If objects equal grey for more than 3 seconds auto derender 

Maybe the Mailbox needs more features derender neighboring parcels objects, sounds, lighting, based on distance? Its pretty depressing to see empty parcels but then you get the extreme opposite.    

I've suggested to Jira to consider creating a way where while inside linden home users can set (via mailbox or home controller) ever evolving and growing scenery lists. Maybe the perspective of live decorated demo/content shopping area with people real people walking around and shopping. Like a mirror a projection around the parcel for the live stuff.  sorta like what the private estates have around their region but scaled smaller to parcel but done linden homes style. The perspective of a beautifully designed linden home decorated neighborhood. I relaxing place to unwind without the stresses of clashing styles. 

We'll find balance. I'm wondering how they will do it? Minimize conflict & Maximize positive experience. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The moles are often residents who sell their goods inworld.  I don't think this list of residents who have become moles is up to date, but cast your eyes over it and you'll see people who have stores and are regularly selling content at Collaborate, for example.  People who are premium often also buy a lot of SL content for pleasure.  Give away the LH trees and it MIGHT have an impact on Landscaping businesses in SL. 

Having a variety of quality starter trees available might set expectations for land impact of quality rather than quantity and then the resident mole builders can provide their craft privately still. Linden approved objects. Which will also inspire creators to not only upload and offer the lowest quality objects but also the most optimized objects as well. 

I'm picturing an ikea meets home depot type (wall/fence/post section, greenhouse, and so on; place premium member only content shopping area that is not static and left idol, and no crates. The moles and lindens are so creative I would really not like to see a blank region with content crate vending system. Display and offer the content, this is a great opportunity to provide a premium place to go and see what's new and experience a show room/space. to avoid fashion model lag loiterers maybe users can rez in as a cat or dog avatar? or something else. This should only be about linden homes, the content, and the experience. 

For new users they really don't want to spend money on furnishing or anything really but they see the potential of this world and go premium to get a house and then they realize that they have to start spending money and consider it a spending money type deal and cancel. I don't think that's sustainable for very long as is. If they are given a premium official place to go to shop (located on mailbox to teleport) , that has life, retaining new residents is more likely and they will eventually start wanting to buy lindens, shop around, evolve, and grow the economy. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I've noticed a large increase over the past month (maybe two) of many textures appearing grey and taking forever to rez in.

Ain't it the truth. I have had this problem for months now. Sometimes it takes forever for anything to rez. Sometimes everything rezzes except one or two things. Sometimes everything rezzes, I TP somewhere and come back, and everything is grey again. I have tried all sorts of cache config options with no improved results. Something is busted, just no idea what it is,

About the topic of this thread, one of the cool things about Belli is that textures are reused within a theme so that (in a world where things work) everything rezzes fast once it gets in your cache. So the Lindens might refrain from promoting anything that increases the number of textures within a theme.

That said, the Lindens are also unlikey to get behind any covenant change that will increase the load on the compliance team. They are not gonna get picky about what you can rez.

• Like 3

Ok I'm going to weigh in here too after reading this HOA style topic.

The covenant is more than thorough enough to help us avoid the most absurd of abuses such as over aggressive security and objects that are too tall, or out of theme (Lindens tend to approach this theme issue from a pretty broad perspective too which is good). Things that go against the covenant are subject to ARs.

If you feel that an object is against the covenant then by all means send in an AR on it.  But this constant nit picking of some people is not is what is going to lead to more people wanting to live in Belli.  Nobody is going to want to live in a home where every object you get must either be linden made or meet some sort of approval process.  There are already viewers out there with the capability of derendering things.  Most people are not going to want 20 LI trees.  by the time i have finished my backyard i have enough for a couple of pillows and a cardboard box turned upside down in my house.  The covenant sets absolutely NO guidelines on LOD and they should not.  Allow residents to choose if they want high or low LOD items.  They paid for that house it is their choice.

And at the end of the day it is not your neighbor's responsibility to make sure that everything rezzed on their home that they paid for is up to their neighbor's sense of taste.  People who always find their neighbor's decor or landscaping to be an irritant already have another option.  It is called move to a  private island.  The Linden homes were advertised as "starter homes" with the hopes that some residents may eventually opt for bigger alternatives.

But if you are going to live in a Linden Home region you will have to face the reality that your 20 or so neighbors in that region will all have different tastes in furniture, plants, trees, light, vehicles, etc... I may not like everything my neighbors rez out but isnt that true of RL too.  I dont like everything my RL neighbors put out and there is no "derender" in RL.  Yet somehow i manage to deal with it and even have a happy existence in my Linden homes.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

So ... this could be the beginning of a very dangerous and slippery slope.  

Where does this type of thinking stop?  Do we limit everything we can place outside our linden homes (lights, cars, boats, other decor) and then what about what's inside the home?  Do we limit the furniture to only certain brands or types so they "fit in whit the theme" ?  

This all reminds me of the "Stepford Village" and would definitely not be someplace I would want to call home.

Why not just take the next step and let the Lindens/Moles do ALL the decorating (outside and inside) so that everything would be in theme and not upset anyone.  (Being sarcastic in case that isn't coming through clearly).

One of my favorite things about walking/driving/flying around Bellisseria is seeing the uniqueness and creativity of its residents.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Paulsian said:

On this hypothetical content pack island have all themes / houses laid out for every theme so users can demo the houses and see when new ones styles for each theme are available. Maybe an update board so we know oo new floor plan for such and such theme. There's not really a place to demo the themes of the linden homes, with home (interior and exterior) decorating ideas using only linden home official content. The designers are very talented and I would love to see more starter official home furnishings added all the time.

In regards to new styles for a new theme, there is the initial preview (entire region with all the home styles for the theme) when the theme is introduced, generally at a large grid-wide public event, such as SLB or the Home & Garden Show, for example.  It's true that the preview only occurs once, so perhaps it would be cool if they moved those preview regions to a special LH demo region afterwards, which would end up with a demo region for each theme. 

None of the content packs have enough furnishing items to furnish a home, and I don't think that they should. There are a couple of threads in this section of the forums that you might want to look at:

•  -Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden- to see how other residents have decorated their homes, to get a better idea of how different themes look inside, and to see some of the resident created add-ons that are available though the marketplace. 

• The all-in-one home Furnishings Topic - where residents hightlight good deals at sales for items that they think might work with one or more of the themes.

The Bellisseria Citizens Group had (and perhaps still have?) a list of "open house" homes - ones where the resident has indicated that they are open to people stopping by and seeing their house and how they've decorated it.  This is another way to see what the houses in a particular theme look like on the inside. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Where does this type of thinking stop?  Do we limit everything we can place outside our linden homes (lights, cars, boats, other decor) and then what about what's inside the home?  Do we limit the furniture to only certain brands or types so they "fit in whit the theme" ?  

This all reminds me of the "Stepford Village" and would definitely not be someplace I would want to call home.

I agree, Stepford would be boring like if everything thing was ticky tacky boxes like mentioned before. Bellisseria's design team is certainly innovating and so creative. How neat for them to be able to add houses & update floor plans for the themes. I don't see ticky tacky boxes happening. I'm concerned with the ticky tacky grey blob trees. I've only ever used the official viewer, so I do not have the ability to make them vanish.  

I'm good with vehicles, even air craft, but if it's blocking my view and flashing, yes I would like to derender is vs starting crap and troubling the team who handles neighboorhood disputes. lol. I used to live next to a neighbor who had a strobe light, my neat boat house flashed green inside all the time. I had to disable my local lights in order to avoid conflict, I sorta have that British perspective live with it vs you know, putting off someone else. We care about our space, this is a difficult topic. We all live in different parts of the world and we communicate differently and we process stuff differently. I lived with it. I've had neighbors who use fire pits that flicker orange inside my house. It's sort of a shame to have lighting options but there's not sub options, such as do not allow outside light inside home parcel. 

For privacy reasons I never try to cam inside homes, I'm guessing it would be all grey stuff, and i'm mostly concerned about large grey tree blobs outside. If something is causing our stuff to not render property, it would be ideal to have someone on the viewer team try to spot poor performance trends, such as, is certain specific objects causing the problems? Did someone weaponize objects to try to drive more business to the mainland? That would be something to watch out for. 

I believe having a selection of starter official content in one location for premium members to have as a resource for educational purposes would be a great first impression as well.

As a side thing might be good to have some sort of linden home experience hud pop up for new users to have guidance, such as click the mail box for these settings and click that. Because for new residents they have seen linden homes on social media and take the leap, figure out how to actually get a home, don't really get the theme they want and still sticking with it get to the home and it's empty with no directions.

Remember being new? how do I, how do I, how do I, why are things grey, cancel. I've done that a few times but I always came back because I knew second life was a very special unique place. 

I would never consider my linden home a starter home, instead I consider it my forever virtual home, as many others do as well. 

14 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

As a side thing might be good to have some sort of linden home experience hud pop up for new users to have guidance, such as click the mail box for these settings and click that.

While there is not yet a linden home guidance book, one of the options on your mailbox does deliver a Notecard specific to the LH theme (traditional, house boat, victorian, etc.) that explains some general things about the new Linden Homes and then information specific to the type of LH theme, explaining all the options that are available to you from the control panel in the house. 

18 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I would never consider my linden home a starter home, instead I consider it my forever virtual home, as many others do as well. 

Many of the Bellisseria residents feel as you do (that it's a forever home), but LL has been very clear when asked about expanding functionality, etc., that they consider it an entry-level home. 

28 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I believe having a selection of starter official content in one location for premium members to have as a resource for educational purposes would be a great first impression as well.

In addition to getting help and suggestions here in the Forums, don't overlook taking a look at the Knowledge Base   (There is a tab for the Knowlege Base also, up near the top of each forum page).    Information specifically about LInden Homes can be found here and also here (on the official Second Life Wiki).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoiraKathleen said:

None of the content packs have enough furnishing items to furnish a home, and I don't think that they should. There are a couple of threads in this section of the forums that you might want to look at:

•  -Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden- to see how other residents have decorated their homes, to get a better idea of how different themes look inside, and to see some of the resident created add-ons that are available though the marketplace. 

• The all-in-one home Furnishings Topic - where residents hightlight good deals at sales for items that they think might work with one or more of the themes.

Exactly, Linden Homes needs a few more official objects to add to their starter content offerings as well. Every resident has default viewer inventory with objects like primitive bed, lamps. They are hard to find and little dated, rugs and so on. I would really love to decorate my linden home with the stuff like an official vintage stove, fridge, toilet, bath or shower, and maybe a sink? You know stuff normally a house has initially. 

I'm guessing newer residents are not so savvy in the forums department. The show off your home "to see how other residents have decorated their homes" seems like a way to get around the selling part of the Covenant. Up selling products / brands passively through forum driven traffic is creative. Speaking of, I was just glancing at it, wow has it been updated last modified May 4, 2021. It would be neat if there was a way the magical mailbox could maybe alert residents to covenant updates? Maybe an alert built into the linden home hud experience auto pop up (like the one social island has) all the "About Land" updates so all residents can instantly informed of updates to things like the Covenant. 

I would probably move out of Belli is I was only allowed to use Linden Lab/Mole landscaping. I do use some of it, but I use my own trees because their trees are too high impact (some of their willows are over 100LI). I like to actually put things in my house too. Personally, I like to see different looking decor and landscaping (as long as it's within theme). Riding around and looking at what people do with their homes to make them a bit unique is one of my favorite things to do.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:
43 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

Many of the Bellisseria residents feel as you do (that it's a forever home), but LL has been very clear when asked about expanding functionality, etc., that they consider it an entry-level home. 

I don't remember ever seeing any linden home marketing referring to the linden homes as entry-level. I don't see anything entry-level about it, I see endless potential. It would be different if they were selling entry level vehicles no power locks and so on. It's the the tier system and a product but I still would never refer to linden homes as entry level. They are just a level, a very powerful level. I seriously doubt people who get a linden home would, unless for business purposes, go on to higher tier. The are a premium place to live; a vast open space with no barriers. 

Linden Homes A Preimum Place to Live.png

11 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Riding around and looking at what people do with their homes to make them a bit unique is one of my favorite things to do.

Same here, In a perfect world the 1 land impact trees would not take 5 minutes to render. Takes away from the overall beauty a bit. 

5 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

The show off your home "to see how other residents have decorated their homes" seems like a way to get around the selling part of the Covenant. Up selling products / brands passively through forum driven traffic is creative.

I would argue that was not, and is not, the intent of that forum thread.    Many posts don't make any mention of brands or specific products/add-ons, while others do because of a curiousity from someone else asking where someone got something.  Second Life is really a user-created world - the amount of content that LL creates (through the Moles, who are contracted with for that purpose) is very small compared to the vast amount of content and innovations in content that have been created by residents through the years.

The introduction of the new Linden Homes caused a lot of excitement among many residents, many of whom really like to decorate - and see how others choose to decorate - and that was the genesis for that thread, as well as for the 'open houses'.  

Back to the 'gray blob' trees - I hadn't been out in Bellisseria for quite awhile, so I popped out there a little bit ago, and stopped in the log home area, chalet area, traditional area and victorian area.  I waited at each area until everything fully rezzed at the location I was at before TP'ing to the next theme area.  It took about 6 minutes total, so I'd say it only took a bit over a minute at each location for everything to rez for me (including all the initially gray blob trees) which for the most part, were LL trees.  Individual performance is going to vary from person to person, particularly based on viewer settings - amount of draw distance, LOD setting, where one is on the  'quality and speed' slider, whether one has shadows on or not...   there are a lot of tweaking that can be done to graphics preferences to improve (or not improve) graphic performance.  Where one is in SL also has a bearing on this - regions that are heavily populated/decorated often take longer to fully load.  There also have been some conversations in other threads here on the forums about textures remaining gray longer than usual, but also that online performance outside of SL is not as robust for some as it was a little while ago - so some may be viewer/SL caused and some may be from other stuff happening with internet traffic in general. 

• Like 3

Again NONE of these things are anyone's call except the home owner.  If you dont like it then download a 3rd party viewer and derender it.  If you have flashing lights that are flashing from someone elses property onto your property... great news for you that is against the covenant and you can AR it.  I suggest everyone READ the covenant.  Complaining about stuff like that on the forums resolves nothing.

As far as other people's things not rendering correctly for you... That is NOT their problem.  That is your problem and your problem only.  Bellisseria is a wonderful place to live and experience some community and a fantastic place to explore but there are just small plots that are stuffed together on regions.  That means you have to put up with other people's eclectic taste.  And if you can't again... there is always the option to upgrade and go get yourself a private island.  It is expensive but you will never have to complain about someone blobby trees, bamboo, or flashing lights ever again.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Back to the 'gray blob' trees - I hadn't been out in Bellisseria for quite awhile, so I popped out there a little bit ago

same here just a random place and big grey blob trees animated apparently messing with texture rendering on surrounding objects including linden home houses and landscaping. This is with the recommended graphics settings. 

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.