Is it ok non premium account to post in the forum?

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Came here to SL  early 2003  then  finally made the dive to stay 2011. I see that  the SL forum is the community and everyone in the world watches this fine platform.

Even Linden Lab investors

So why are there so many strange replies in SL forums.

Even though your not a Linden but you may be one or can be one.  please read the web tools  websource?

Why is this wonderful diverse  community so fast to hurt people feelings?

It is a simple  forum people come in  bring up a topic then you are trolled.

Is this SL. know it  isn't !!!!!!!!

Linden labs  wants a wonderful ethic community. Trust me  world  wide ethnics are hear and loved.

But everyday I see the forum ganging up on people the same people. ARE these LINDENS alts?

Would you ever know.?

Fact is this is one of the finest platform that has ever been maintained.

Yet the average person that has a view is ostracized.  Day in day out these same avatars that actually own stores in SL are here to just make fun of you. 

Is this SL or is this about  none premium accounts  posting in here that have nothing to lose.

Yes  the premium account ability to post in here  such as my alt adam01time. leaves this forum  to people not vested in this platform.

Why would you  Linden labs defend people that may hurt your  premium accounts.  Or do they?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 11

To answer the question in the title first, most of the time we don't even know whether somebody is a premium member or not so that has nothing to do with how people are received here.

As for how friendly the forum is in general, there are certainly worse places on the internet but there are better ones two and there is always room for improvement.

• Like 11

Perspective is everything. Some years ago the SL forums were a constant troll-fest that would rival T*W*I*T*E*R at its worst.

Subjectively, things are much better on these forums than in the past. IMHO we have even seen OVER-moderation in several instances where the desire to avoid controversy has stifled honest discussion.

So even if things sometimes go astray, in my opinion the forums are BETTER than before (altho still imperfect as anything humans touch is destined to be).

• Like 4

You are correct but LL gave you the tools. In profile you will see this.  when I came to SL had to prove I was an adult  do to laws at that time. Gave them my bank account  and my social security number at that point they knew where Lived where I banked and had a ton of info.

I did my home work many of my professor colleagues at the University of Illinois and the law department seemed they had a wonderful secure way of holding info.

Then I talked to my Brother  A VP at City Bank  about the the structure. While playing tennis with Bryan  " my Brothers dear friend" that did security for  Visa cards division .

By the way he had a hang over whooped him royal.  He explained to me how the security works at linden Labs.

That was many years ago.  Bryan is retired and My brother is I am. 

Why invest into a platform that has no clue who is using it. Or do they?

Since I am the Youngest never got into banking I just love bicycles right. ?

I find the reply from  active  lindens in here to be just that a reply  None of them gave up there bank account and social security

number  to reply in here right.  Wrong !  they  gave it to be a employee.

But  they have alts that reply in here ??????????

Fact is Bryan from Visa was right. You have no clue that is why we have 24/7 humans watching accounts.

Ask your self what did you give up to post here.

laws changed and  any old alt can ruin an investment. Smile

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, Amanda Crisp said:

Perspective is everything. Some years ago the SL forums were a constant troll-fest that would rival T*W*I*T*E*R at its worst.

Subjectively, things are much better on these forums than in the past. IMHO we have even seen OVER-moderation in several instances where the desire to avoid controversy has stifled honest discussion.

So even if things sometimes go astray, in my opinion the forums are BETTER than before (altho still imperfect as anything humans touch is destined to be).

i agree with you and this shows the public they care.  Or do they was your sim down 2 days on main land and only got a robot to talk to.

but they have access to my bank account.  Apples and oranges

58 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

To answer the question in the title first, most of the time we don't even know whether somebody is a premium member or not so that has nothing to do with how people are received here.

As for how friendly the forum is in general, there are certainly worse places on the internet but there are better ones two and there is always room for improvement.

You are so right and agree 100 percent. Wonderful accounts like you that make this a wonderful place. God Bless you

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

oh.. btw ... i'm no premium since quite some time, must say i'm a lot ( ok..little bit) friendlier since than... so perhaps it hás influence  :)

Your an advance member  so far have not looked at your threads. Hope you had better luck than mine. I pay to be he here.

hugs to you. because i want you to become part of the real community. you have so much to learn and love as a premium  account.

LL has bent over backwards to make the premium account so much MORE!

• Haha 2

Being non-premium doesn't mean not invested in the platform. It just means premium perks are not relevant to me (I don't need land, stipend, additional groups etc). I still buy L$ from time to time, and support the SL economy. And, when I am in a posting mood, I post in the forum! And I always behave myself😇

• Like 3

I think the word troll gets a bit over used today as well..

There are trolls and then there are people being called trolls for disagreeing with someone or for other things that nobody would be called a troll for in the past..

Trolling is fishing to suck people into something like a flame war for the fun of it..

I don't really see a whole lot of that these days compared to the past..

If someone is being a smartass, that's all that is, smartassness..

Most of the threads on the front page of this section of the forums are from regulars in the forums and many are long lasting threads.. Many that get locked are from long term regulars as well going off topic or whatever reasons..

If someone comes in here to vent and leave, they pretty much say what they want and leave the thread most of the time to never return..

sometimes they spark subjects and sometimes they get locked and sometimes they just fade away..

I don't really see a breakout of trolls in the forums.. There was a time though that trolls did visit a lot more..

I've been in every version of the forums and feel pretty confident in saying, we've had for worse times in the past..

So I'd say, even though nobody knows what kind of an account someone else has.. I think anyone that logs in world should be able to post and use the forums until they lost the privilege to do either..

omg, why are my posts getting longer!! \o/

I need to not be so, why so serious.. hehehe

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Lucia Nightfire said:

The title basically reads as "Why can't we have safe spaces and echo chambers?".

Could you expand on this.  You been here since 2009

by the way  2009 was a huge year for SL.

Huge migration.

you have so much to  share I am sure.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the word troll gets a bit over used today as well..

There are trolls and then there are people being called trolls for disagreeing with someone or for other things that nobody would be called a troll for in the past..

Trolling is fishing to suck people into something like a flame war for the fun of it..

I don't really see a whole lot of that these days compared to the past..

If someone is being a smartass, that's all that is, smartassness..

Most of the threads on the front page of this section of the forums are from regulars in the forums and many are long lasting threads.. Many that get locked are from long term regulars as well going off topic or whatever reasons..

If someone comes in here to vent and leave, they pretty much say what they want and leave the thread most of the time to never return..

sometimes they spark subjects and sometimes they get locked and sometimes they just fade away..

I don't really see a breakout of trolls in the forums.. There was a time though that trolls did visit a lot more..

I've been in every version of the forums and feel pretty confident in saying, we've had for worse times in the past..

So I'd say, even though nobody knows what kind of an account someone else has.. I think anyone that logs in world should be able to post and use the forums until they lost the privilege to do either..

omg, why are my posts getting longer!! \o/

I need to not be so, why so serious.. hehehe

I think you said it perfectly!

image.gif

Edited by Amanda Crisp
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

Being non-premium doesn't mean not invested in the platform. It just means premium perks are not relevant to me (I don't need land, stipend, additional groups etc). I still buy L$ from time to time, and support the SL economy. And, when I am in a posting mood, I post in the forum! And I always behave myself😇

You have a wonderful point. trust me if you have an issue with your account you will learn what it means to be a premium account.

You are not part of the community.  per say.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

Could you expand on this.  You been here since 2009

by the way  2009 was a huge year for SL.

Huge migration.

you have so much to  share I am sure.

Anyone from the older blue forums will have 2009 as a join date.. That's when the first version of the forums closed and changed over to the newer forums.. So they could be from anywhere before 2009..

Not really sure why I'm saying this, other than to be informative.. hehehehe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amanda Crisp said:

I think you said it perfectly!

image.gif.3ec28a64f900ce7e43ed753dcafb2d81.gif

image.gif

Here to have an adult convo on does none premium account have the right to be here to troll  premium accounts.

It was

#defined  very well.

Nothing about flames.

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

You have a wonderful point. trust me if you have an issue with your account you will learn what it means to be a premium account.

You are not part of the community.  per say.

Becoming premium doesn't all of a sudden make you part of the community.. Premium just gives more perks to those that decide to go premium, than it does to those in the community that decide not to go premium.. Premium gifts and premium sand box and Linden homes are just paid for perks and not really any kind of  higher social status than anyone else...

Live chat is also a premium perk, but anyone can make a phone call or contact through other sources about their account..

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Becoming premium doesn't all of a sudden make you part of the community..

It's ok, I don't mind being a drifter...😎

Oh, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm a freebie account in the forum... 🎵

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

It's ok, I don't mind being a drifter...😎

Oh, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien
I'm a freebie account in the forum... 🎵

Drifters are awesome!! \o/

hehehe

I left premium a few times because I didn't really see a difference in things.. Then found out  since how much i get for tier each week, it really didn't cost me anything to be premium if i do it annually..

Since they bumped up the annual fee it may cost me a couple dollars a month now.

Some don't see tier as a cost reduction in premium fee, But if I'm always buying lindens anyways, for me it is a reduction because it is saving on the amount i buy..

Aaanyways, I've known a lot of people with basic accounts that have been big contributors to the community than i could ever be and they never go premium..

I will say though, I do love that perk that I call the shopping perk.. Getting into those crowded sims when a sale or event is on!! \o/

hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

I think it's perfectly fine for non-premium members to post in the forums.  A lot of new people come to ask questions.

Who I feel shouldn't be allowed are people under the influence.  It never ends well.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.