Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Um, no I didn't.  Every avatar has a unique UUID.  I said nothing about textures.

that uuid is connected to an IP that is part of your hardware UID  change motherboard on your computer see your logins get erased.

they are encrypted to your UID device that is connected to your  IP that is connected to SL UUID

this is called login security so people are unable to take your windozzzze  apdata\secondlife put it on another machine gain access to your account

Edited by Drakeo

Just now, Drakeo said:

Um, no I didn't.  Every avatar has a unique UUID.  I said nothing about textures.

that uuid is connected to an IP that is part of your hardware UID  change motherboard on your computer see your logins get erased.

they are encrypted to your UID device that is connected to your  IP that is connected to SL UUID

And so?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fraud- noun: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

DJ is streaming music.  Eligible to receive tips.

2nd person hosts for DJ.  Eligible to receive tips.

DJ doesn’t have a host show up? But needs a host to go on?  There’s no fraud to logging on a 2nd avi & performing both “jobs”.  Nothing was stolen.  No one was deceived.  Visitors were greeted.  

35A1A363-28A0-458A-A558-DC918B902279.jpeg

• Like 6

Not SecondLie

what is an impersonator

well the word means this iI want to pay you  but you  take my confidence as another  person. then ask for money.

or better yet ask me to join a group that cost and the group is  more  avatars only reason here in SL is to extract  real curancy from you/ Lindens to this day are still traded.

it is a real currency. this becomes FRAUD.

You ask your self what is an impersonator 

https://www.alliancecom.net/2018/12/26/impersonators-use-emergency-scams-to-steal-money/

You have any idea how many  accounts have been booted for  fake charities. Ask your self not one SL or linden part of a charity.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Not SecondLie

what is an impersonator

well the word means this iI want to pay you  but you  take my confidence as another  person. then ask for money.

or better yet ask me to join a group that cost and the group is  more  avatars only reason here in SL is to extract  real curancy from you/ Lindens to this day are still traded.

it is a real currency. this becomes FRAUD.

You ask your self what is an impersonator 

https://www.alliancecom.net/2018/12/26/impersonators-use-emergency-scams-to-steal-money/

You have any idea how many  accounts have been booted for  fake charities. Ask your self not one SL or linden part of a charity.

How are you drawing a parallel between group join fees & someone running two SL avatars at once, while performing “job” duties for both at once with stealing from a charity?

At first I was giving your claims some leeway- that maybe something was lost in translation, but this stealing from charities comparison is pretty odd.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Fraud- noun: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

DJ is streaming music.  Eligible to receive tips.

2nd person hosts for DJ.  Eligible to receive tips.

DJ doesn’t have a host show up? But needs a host to go on?  There’s no fraud to logging on a 2nd avi & performing both “jobs”.  Nothing was stolen.  No one was deceived.  Visitors were greeted.  

35A1A363-28A0-458A-A558-DC918B902279.jpeg

You agree that it is ok to impersonate a avatar to extract money from people in cyber space.

Trust me LL is way ahead of this and they will create tools soon. or go out of business.

fact is LL cares about every account security is tops. The simulator support staff is  very low  as I have read in BBB.

the security is very hi and it is up to you as a Linden to help.

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

How are you drawing a parallel between group join fees & someone running two SL avatars at once, while performing “job” duties for both at once with stealing from a charity?

At first I was giving your claims some leeway- that maybe something was lost in translation, but this stealing from charities comparison is pretty odd.

Think your trolling at this p[point it is about tools for the user.  very simple   the transaction does not go through.

little output message say at this point the account you are paying is  closed.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

You agree that it is ok to impersonate a avfatar to extract money from people in cyber space.

Trust me LL is way ahead of this and they will create tools soon. or go out of business.

fact is LL cares about every account security is tops. The simulator support staff is  very low  as I have read in BBB.

the security is very hi and it is up to you as a Linden to help.

Another word that doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.  You are using the word “impersonate”.

Running two Avis at once without disclosing that is not impersonating anyone.

impersonate- verb: pretend to be (another person) as entertainment or in order to deceive someone.

If I were to sit here & say I’m the queen of England, & try to convince you of this, then try to ask you to give me money for starving orphans but secretly spend it on my tiara collection, especially if I manufactured fake documents to make it look like I was actually really the queen & monies donated actually fed starving children- that would be impersonating & fraud.

What you’re going on about is neither.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Like 6

Just now, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Another word that doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.  You are using the word “impersonate”.

Running two Avis at once without disclosing that is not impersonating anyone.

impersonate- verb: pretend to be (another person) as entertainment or in order to deceive someone.

If I were to sit here & say I’m the queen of England, & try to convince you of this, then try to ask you to give me money for starving orphans, that would be impersonating & fraud.

What you’re going on about is neither.

please read first post this is about tools for the account and abuse.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

please read first post this is about tools for the account and abuse.

Naw, I’m good.

I hope I afforded you the appropriate attention you sought.

…..but there’s no substance to anything you’re posting about.  
So maybe you trolled me 😃

• Like 2

this is about  quality of a product  and i see now why LL has  so much work. Cyber space laws are all over this.

LL just closes accounts as they should as all of us  Linden residents it is up  to us to  understand how to help Linden labs make your experience better.

trust me accounts are dropped by the hundreds every day about this.

How Can you be a better Linden?

4 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Naw, I’m good.

I hope I afforded you the appropriate attention you sought.

…..but there’s no substance to anything you’re posting about.  
So maybe you trolled me 😃

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

There is only one person trolling here and it is the person conflating a host of things together in their attempt to classify a practice they do not like as fraud.

we see you post here all the time. ye ye yeah

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

You agree that it is ok to impersonate a avatar to extract money from people in cyber space.

Do you really think they get more tips that way? I don't know but I seriously doubt it.

If somebody is going to do both the DJ and host job at a club, they'll probably make better money if they do both through the same alt. It's much better and attractive to an audience with a DJ that is also actively communicating, than a quiet DJ and a host. It's a little bit harder for the DJ of course but pretending to be two persons at the same time doesn't help him/her.

• Like 6

Just now, ChinRey said:

Do you really think they get more tips that way? I don't know but I seriously doubt it.

If somebody is going to do both the DJ and host job at a club, they'll probably make better money if they do both through the same alt. It's much better and attractive to an audience with a DJ that is also actively communicating, than a quiet DJ and a host. It's a little bit harder for the DJ of course but pretending to be two persons at the same time doesn't help him/her.

If you seen what I have seen in here you would be amazed.  OZ was brilliant.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

ok go drop your impersonators and beg.  cool what ever.

We know what  your about.

Yes because I have my transaction I paid out. then kept a log of the IP attached to UUID

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 2

The perils of drinking and logging into the forums.  Well, it IS a holiday weekend although I do wonder if the OP is American.  Prolly not.

Think I'll log in all my alts, hop on a few dance poles at a club and rake in the Ls.  Y'all be sure to stop by and tip me (all of mes).

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The perils of drinking and logging into the forums.  Well, it IS a holiday weekend although I do wonder if the OP is American.  Prolly not.

Think I'll log in all my alts, hop on a few dance poles at a club and rake in the Ls.  Y'all be sure to stop by and tip me (all of mes).

Stop being mean

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.