Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Drakeo said:

ls log | grep etc.

Yes, I know how grep works. if I were taking logs of my console output I'd do something like

secondlife | tee log.txt

and maybe use grep to find something specific in the log, but that's neither here nor there.

Just now, Quistessa said:

Yes, I know how grep works. if I were taking logs of my console output I'd do something like

secondlife | tee log.txt

and maybe use grep to find something specific in the log, but that's neither here nor there.

Q you now how to log debug stop that.

We all see xml headers

If somebody is putting in the effort to run a second av during their performance and they can make it work well enough to cover both "jobs"  and get them both tipped, where's your problem? I can't do it, I can't even type responses when I'm performing, I respond on-mic or not at all. Both my hands are busy on the guitar, I need USB footswitches to control the scripts that run my lighting and anim cues.

And why do you care if it's an alt or not anyway?

Is it taking away from your experience any?

If that were NOT an alt would you appreciate what they were doing well enough to tip them? Then why not tip them if they are an alt?

And before you go off in incoherencies about viewer logs and analysing them with ordinary unix tools, please be aware that there are probably people on here who know them better than you do. I've been using them for nearly four decades and back in the day got a few patches accepted by redhat and there are certainly folks on here that know them better than I do! I doubt you're THAT much better-placed :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

If somebody is putting in the effort to run a second av during their performance and they can make it work well enough to cover both "jobs"  and get them both tipped, where's your problem? I can't do it, I can't even type responses when I'm performing, I respond on-mic or not at all. Both my hands are busy on the guitar, I need USB footswitches to control the scripts that run my lighting and anim cues.

And why do you care if it's an alt or not anyway?

Is it taking away from your experience any?

If that were NOT an alt would you appreciate what they were doing well enough to tip them? Then why not tip them if they are an alt?

And before you go off in incoherencies about viewer logs and analysing them with ordinary unix tools, please be aware that there are probably people on here who know them better than you do. I've been using them for nearly four decades and back in the day got a few patches accepted by redhat and there are certainly folks on here that know them better than I do! I doubt you're THAT much better-placed :)

We know what your about DJ

So you  like being an impersonator .

what you did not say is how many times as a dj you been lied to.

I develop on  shoutcast Media son. Just tell them the  truth.

Your just a scam.

• Haha 3

I'm sure everyone here who has wanted to read my profile already has long ago.  

You come here and post about one thing.  People using multiple alts to get tips at a club.  Calling it fraud.  You are told it's not fraud nor against ToS.  In any way.  Nada.

You then go off on some random tangent about lord knows what but it has nothing whatsoever to do with your OP.  Then we're all trolls or mean because we all call BS on your subsequent posts.

I can only surmise that you 1. Don't understand English  2. That you do but are somehow not grasping what people are saying  3. Under the influence.

Anything you have posted about, anything other than one person using multiple avatars at a venue and being tipped on both, is irrelevant.  No one cares.  Do not pay if you do not want to.

I didn't say it to be mean but seriously, no one knows what the heck your point is.

It's not fraud.  It's not illegal in SL.  Stop veering off that topic.  

Lordy!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

this is about  quality of a product  and i see now why LL has  so much work. Cyber space laws are all over this.

LL just closes accounts as they should as all of us  Linden residents it is up  to us to  understand how to help Linden labs make your experience better.

trust me accounts are dropped by the hundreds every day about this.

How Can you be a better Linden?

we see you post here all the time. ye ye yeah

Trust you? 
In a thread you started & in which you claim “hundreds” of accounts are closed by linden lab for folks being conniving, duplicitous, lying-pants-on-fire scheming fraudsters?!?!

Dear Sir, you must realize that I’ve taken to heart your warnings about the dangers of strangers using the SL platform (& by such far reaching logic, the SL message boards)! 

Why to put faith in you would be sheer madness!

….also “how can you be a better linden?”  Weeeeell, that’s just it.  I’m not a Linden.  To say I was one would in fact be eligible for being construed as impersonating &/or fraud!  

9CEE81C6-C0CC-4074-814F-79D38F7BD011.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Oh and BTW, people lie in SL all the time.  It's not against ToS either.

Yes lies happen; not your way I read your profile. so you enjoy impersonators and scams  I doubt that you  you are provocative.

12 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

We know what your about DJ

So you  like being an impersonator .

what you did not say is how many times as a dj you been lied to.

I develop on  shoutcast Media son. Just tell them the  truth.

Your just a scam.

swing and a miss, buddy :)

I dont DJ. I play live.

No recorded sounds in my sets at all. Ever. No backing tracks. Even teh harmonies on my songs ate produced live courtesy of a nice Boss stompbox.

So, pray tell me who am I impersonating? I have nothing to hide, even my  forum icon (which is also on my inworld rl profile tab) is real :) I do have two alts, which exist purely as models for stuff I built and haven't ventured outside my inworld workshop in 10 years. I would offer to tell you their names if I thought you were worth the trouble.

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
correcting typos
  • Like 6

Not a DJ. Not a host. Don't care if people can multi-task and pull both of these off. Why? Because it doesn't affect my SL life.

Much of this sounds like spite and jealousy. I can appreciate the moral fiber, there are things I look down on too; but i'm not going to come to the forums just to complain and attack people over it because they don't share my opinion on it.

If anything, this thread is great entertainment.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Trust you? 
In a thread you started & in which you claim “hundreds” of accounts are closed by linden lab for folks being conniving, duplicitous, lying-pants-on-fire scheming fraudsters?!?!

Dear Sir, you must realize that I’ve taken to heart your warnings about the dangers of strangers using the SL platform (& by such far reaching logic, the SL message boards)! 

Why to put faith in you would be sheer madness!

….also “how can you be a better linden?”  Weeeeell, that’s just it.  I’m not a Linden.  To say I was one would in fact be eligible for being construed as impersonating &/or fraud!  

9CEE81C6-C0CC-4074-814F-79D38F7BD011.jpeg

yes You are a linden the day you created a premium account . You identity will never be accessed by the FED's LL stood up for all of us years ago they never buckled  just like apple.  Trust me they care about your account beyond  your dreams. Linden Labs  has so many break throughs  in SL for security as a test  platform.

this simple  forum of  impersonation is what it is. LL does not want there account hurt by impersonation.

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, s2Pandora said:

Not a DJ. Not a host. Don't care if people can multi-task and pull both of these off. Why? Because it doesn't affect my SL life.

Much of this sounds like spite and jealousy. I can appreciate the moral fiber, there are things I look down on too; but i'm not going to come to the forums just to complain and attack people over it because they don't share my opinion on it.

I actually was wondering (& I say this politely & am not trying to be snarky towards the OP) if the OP recently interacted with an avatar, possibly in a flirty manner, only to find out the person behind the avi was not who they hoped they were.  Now (if that is the case) has taken to posting a vague but visibly angry complaint about it here, in hopes of a linden reaching out, all aghast, to right the wrong that they feel was perpetrated.

No doubt a report was filed in world, as well.

If this is the case, OP, & you were catfished in some manner, I’m sorry.  It happens.  Frequently.  Just pick yourself up & be wiser in the future.

Just know, nothing in your complaint as you presented it was a morale nor against TOS.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

well this is not about stealing you IP and your uid accses is this??????

this is about people impersonating and  taking your confidence.  2001 spin off

just  get the stuff to work 2003  stuff works but  no longer part of google Help 2007  you brought in opensource gpl every  high security  server and program uses it.

ask your self why here it is.

https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer/commits/

these people put there life on the line everyday for you.

They never hide a thing. They care to the  upmost for your account.

They put it there for all to see

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

yes You are a linden the day you created a premium account . You identity will never be accessed by the FED's LL stood up for all of us years ago they never buckled  just like apple.  Trust me they care about your account beyond  your dreams. Linden Labs  has so many break throughs  in SL for security as a test  platform.

this simple  forum of  impersonation is what it is. LL does not want there account hurt by impersonation.

Lolololol.  *deep breath*. Say what?   Linden Lab most certainly would cooperate with Federal & state authorities.  Apple does as well.  
https://www.apple.com/privacy/government-information-requests/

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Problems_outside_Second_Life

You are on some other wave length, out of your depth, & frankly just going on with nonsensical rambling.   I’ve given you plenty of attention.

Im going to go watch golf on tv.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey pixie your Wrong . they never rolled over.

ask them about a student  I tutored  they took to federal court. fact was Linden Labs was right but they lost do to TOS.

Huge change in gaming in SL.

To this day I believe the student abused the platform. let him know.

He could care less about the people he Hurt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.