How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

I've been boating around while taking screenshots today :D 

I took a bunch of pics today, I love boating around and swimming in SL.

Snapshot_522.thumb.jpg.cfe50f655187ad1b583f34b094cbb037.jpg

This is my favorite boat in SL, it is not fast but is incredibly comfy with lots of places to sit, easy to maneuver in, and is great to sail in while in mouselook, and I get some really gorgeous views while sailing about.  It is a houseboat, and easy to walk in, and get your camera set so that you can see what you are doing as you move around in it. 

Snapshot_524.thumb.jpg.cb5c77195f019ab272056de000bfa4cf.jpg

I brought my alt with me, to keep the boat rezzed while I go off swimming.  I have mistakenly left on my undies 😳 I did not even notice that until now 😆 Oh-well, I'll just have to hang them on the rail later on to dry.  For my alt I'm using speedlight to log in, it works well but the sim crossings so far, have not worked for me.  I'll have to try later on, it usually doesn't work in any viewer I use though, regardless of what vehicle I am in.

Snapshot_526.thumb.jpg.1c42feae8a2dcd21164d6ccddb985c4f.jpg

Off for a swim, heading to the boat house 😍

Snapshot_529.thumb.jpg.aeed6def652e4ac839b3228beb3e25da.jpg

Up we go!  I wish there was a boat rezzer in these boat houses.  I love when LL adds extra functionality to their structures, although this one does have a few cool spots to sit at.

Snapshot_528.thumb.jpg.213f9698673fb872a66982bbd4959526.jpg

Looking at my houseboat off in the distance, making sure my alt did not decide to leave without me :D

Snapshot_530.thumb.png.2074e98069522b626bb4510f94962bc3.png

I like to use AT swimmer while in the waters of SL, it is a really nice hud for when you want to go swimming as it actually feels like your avatar is swimming in the water.  When it is worn, your avatar will actually appear to be swimming in the water, as though you had fly on with a reasonable speed, it will also allow you to float on the top of the water.  I think you can swap out the animations as well.  I do wish the viewers allowed us to do this by default.

Snapshot_525.thumb.jpg.661677d82c6e47bd93012a7161c2aa34.jpg

And finally back in my houseboat, washing off all of the salt water 🙃 

• Like 14

Still boating around in SL. I got caught up while trying to move further south.

Snapshot_534.thumb.jpg.ebe4cebd4dea59e31d4a4cf86d811296.jpg

I bonked into this bridge,  I actually thought I would make it.  I was in mouselook and as I got close to it, I heard the bonking sound, oopsie!

Snapshot_536.thumb.jpg.5c81a9742db3e604a19c3b9c9e3d5ffc.jpg

A four, five, six point turn later and I was back on my way though, using an alternative route.  You know, SL really needs some GPS navigation, going by maps does not really do at times - plus it would be nice to have little notifications when there are speed traps ahead.

Snapshot_540.thumb.jpg.f17e3addd13089faf79023308489d477.jpg

What the?  I stumbled upon this, while moving toward the south, it was fantastic.  So, naturally, I had to go out and explore it.  I summoned my alt from where we last did a region crossing, she was sitting somewhere far away at the bottom of the ocean but showed up soon enough to take a seat and allow me to get off the boat.

Snapshot_542.thumb.jpg.4141ce9492df817824efc3568e8c274c.jpg

I had absolutely no clue this place existed, I suppose I haven't been on the forums for long enough.  This place is pretty cool though, I think it is relatively new.

Snapshot_544.thumb.jpg.ab1f41aad464a97b7fe60083170c36ee.jpg

I had fun poking and prodding around the place, looking for things to do.

Snapshot_545.thumb.jpg.75537bbd2aa4f602c4714b8306459801.jpg

Eventually I stumbled upon this crystal ball, when I asked it if I would ever will find the mega rubber ducky, it responded with yes!  I was really happy with that.

Now I'm off to go back to sailing the seas, in search of new areas to explore.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I spotted grumpy mole near my last photo spot, I am tempted to say hello but don't want to get in the way of whatever they are doing, their avatar looks amazing though 😍  I don't usually upload images of moles, because I had thought it might be considered rude, but there is an entire thread on it and they don't seem to mind, so here goes:

Snapshot_549.thumb.png.a1f84913ff953c05b1e3d0362cdfe93b.png

Very sharp avatar, love the entire look.  I wonder if they see me off in the river, stopped next to them.. if they ever read this thread, sorry grumpy!

Snapshot_550.thumb.png.85d7fbdaeae9665893611f196671f8e2.png

Off to leave the moles to do their work, and go exploring further.

• Like 11

A very sweet Dutchman, who'd probably be terrible embarrassed if I gave his name (that's right, isn't it, @Sid Nagy?), heard that today was my Rez Day, and gifted me with this lovely wheelbarrow with flowers! It's his own product, and it goes, as you can see, perfectly in my little allotment garden!

It was a lovely, lovely gesture, and the nicest thing to happen to me today (and today was actually pretty nice!).

Thank you, O Anonymous Forum Dutch Person! (My lips are sealed, I promise!)

Sids-Wheelbarrow-Blank.thumb.png.456a50adb1180f4c08754b50ec7edbfe.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I forgot to mention that said Anonymous Forum Dutch Person is also going to help me sleep tonight.

It's a long story. 😀

Now I'm morbidly curious, whether it is lullabies, bedtime stories, or remote-tucking-in! 

What a lucky grrrl!

• Haha 5

On 7/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I forgot until just now. Today is my Rez Day!

Happy Belated Rezday!

On 7/30/2023 at 5:56 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mine was early this month.  Pretty sure I missed it, as usual

Happy Belated Rezday to another fellow July avie! Mine passed by without me noticing and it was my 13th. I didn't even have a bar mitzvah planned. 😅

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Mine passed by without me noticing and it was my 13th. I didn't even have a bar mitzvah planned. 😅

Happy Belated Rezday to you also.

I don't think I have ever noticed my rezday on the actual day.  Then again, I'm not much of a birthday kind of person either.  If nobody else mentioned it, I'd likely forget my own birthday each year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Riding a horse today,  in a far away fantasy land.  

Snapshot_610.thumb.jpg.cb19ae07e5a0ba26b018f84361736f13.jpg

Snapshot_611.thumb.jpg.386b09ea87b9b74de2e59df8b483c866.jpg

I love this area, the land is owned by a group Faery Crossing I believe, it is one of the first places I visited in SL after I made my account.  There is a little tutorial area, and at the end there was an anywhere door that brought me here.   There is always something going on here, lots of cool stuff that tempts me to join in on their fun, they even have horse tours with rezzable horses which I am using now.  

I'm off for now, happy travels everyone 😍😋

Snapshot_603.thumb.png.242376577aa682eea4e19629c5e46313.png

• Like 12

This space station is a haven for "lab rats", so I've been told...

That said, nice to see Mr Beauchamp experimenting with PBR. I like his implementation of it, it's the best looking I've seen thus far. Looks great in both PBR and non PBR spots. I'll take it over the LL and Alchemy viewers. Runs nicely with my older GTX 1050/8th Gen i7 CPU rig with usable frame rates. Nearly as good to take pics in compared to Black Dragon for me... :D This is straight from the experimental Cool VL Viewer branch.

OrbitalAsylum-JF-07312023_001.png

Edited by JeromFranzic
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I love this area, the land is owned by a group Faery Crossing I believe, it is one of the first places I visited in SL after I made my account. 

It was one of the first places I visited also.  I did their tutorial and picked up a free fairy costume.  I've rented houses there from time to time over the years.  I haven't been there for awhile - I'm glad it's still around.

• Like 3

Istelathis sent me on a trip down memory lane just now and I took Tiggie to visit one of my early haunts in SL:  Rockcliffe University where I took many, many classes back in the day!  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rockcliffe I/158/136/26

RockcliffeUniv_001.thumb.jpg.66834131d74e81332e43d1ecad78201a.jpg

Once I got there, I TP'd to the central campus and found one of Pumpkin Tripsa's great statues:  Diana the Huntress, which I think he even gave away free.  So many memories!!

RockcliffeUniv_002.thumb.jpg.8850c4ed40fe3b6498d7e7f315fb6dc5.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What makes you think "she" is not also a man?

Nothing. And I don't care if she IS a man. I have friends in female AV's who are men.  I could have others who don't admit it. Or friends in male AV's who are women. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

So today in RL is my birthday, one of the more significant birthdays by the way and yes I passed up drinking age a long time ago, lets just say I now get everyone's discount. So @cirleen decorated our apartment for the occasion.

birthday

Happy Birthday!!! Turning 30 is always difficult, but you'll get through it...

• Haha 3